IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Clearing Up American Ignorance of Sharia  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Clearing Up American Ignorance of Sharia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSCroft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clearing Up American Ignorance of Sharia
    Posted: 28 April 2017 at 6:51am
My dear Brothers and Sisters in The Divine,

I am a fellow student of both life and spirit. I have forged through the years and decades to create within myself a sublime understanding of what it means to be a human, a person, and a spiritual being. As with anyone who has taken this path, regardless of their vehicle, I have found that there is not only no end to the journey, but that the farther one travels, the greater the journey before him becomes. It is during this journey that we learn many truths. One such truth is that we are all one people, one creation, one great spirit. While it is a simple thing to accept the words of all the great prophets and to understand this particular truth intellectually, it is another thing to find it for oneself through one�s own study, trials, defeats, and introspection. As with all who have found this certain truth, it is more than knowledge. It is permanent, intrinsic, and profound. For those who have not yet made this understanding a part of themselves, a great and joyous revelation awaits you. Stay on this path and you will become closer to The Divine, by whatever name it holds in your heart, than you ever have before. That is all we can ever aspire to; to become ever closer to The Divine while living so that we make bring Divinity into our lives and the lives of those around us.

It is in this spirit that I come to the Muslim community to humbly ask for assistance.

On my journey I have found, as so many are also aware, that this world is in agony. Being what I am, and on the path that I am, I cannot ignore my duty to help alleviate the pain. This pain comes in many forms and springs from many sources. It is my understanding that the roots of so much suffering, which ultimately becomes hatred and ends with evil, are fear and ignorance.
While I wish to assuage the fears of the world, I am not currently equipped for such an epic task directly. Perhaps on my journey I will become so. I am, however, equipped and zealous to chip away at the ignorance that keeps the fears of so many insulated and energized. By chipping away at ignorance, we can slowly and inexorably defeat fear.
To this end I have made the dissemination of an understanding of Islam part of my current purpose. I do not intend to convert anyone, of course, but I do believe this is necessary. I live in the USA, where Islamophobia is quite rampant and threatens to drive policies that will only do ever greater damage to everyone. As a patriot and as a brother in The Divine, it is my duty to do anything I can to prevent any harm that I can.
To that end, I am currently working on an article which will no doubt stir up a great deal of controversy. Having studied American attitudes and the depth of our fears and ignorance, I have found that well-presented truth has two distinct effects on the more ignorant and fearful of us: Outrage and Subsequent propagation of that truth proportional to that outrage. When it comes to spreading enlightenment, those who are most anathema to it are often the best possible vectors.
I am currently crafting that message. It is entitled, �Who�s Afraid of the Big Bad�. Sharia?�. As many are aware, Sharia has become something hated in the West due almost entirely to a combination of the distorted versions of �Sharia law� practiced by despotic regimes and the ignorance of the true meaning of Sharia in Islam. As an aside, please accept my apologies for my own ignorance if I have wrongly represented anything so far.
It is my own ignorance that brings me to humbly ask for help. In crafting this message to distinguish Sharia (the path) from �Sharia Law� as perceived by most westerners, I strive for accuracy and authenticity.

I am asking if, when I have a completed a first draft, I may submit it to this community for comments, critiques, and advice before publication. Any input would be greatly appreciated. While I obviously would not be able to include every possible suggestion due to the need for precision, any and all tools will be of assistance.

I reach out because I cannot stand aside when I know I can do some small part to combat ignorance and hatred, and to do so in the name of Allah, God, and The Divine.

Your Brother in The Divine,

G. S. Croft

PS: I understand this may seem a bit frothy, but I mean every word of it and am very much dedicated to this project.

Edited by GSCroft - 28 April 2017 at 7:03am
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2017 at 11:59am
If it rambles on like that then nobody is going to read it.
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 1:08am
Dear bro GSCroft,

Your aim of the project is well appreciated. Kindly let me know if I can be of any help in your project. Best regards.
GSCroft View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSCroft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

Ah Brother Tim! Your wry cynicism is delightful. My style of writing varies much based on my intentions and goals.
I am deeply sincere in this, and would certainly welcome your help. While I am still refining my technique, you can be assured that my style will be appropriate to the project in question.

Thank you so very much for your input!
GSCroft View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSCroft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 11:55am
Originally posted by AhmadJoyia AhmadJoyia wrote:

Dear bro GSCroft,

Your aim of the project is well appreciated. Kindly let me know if I can be of any help in your project. Best regards.

Thank you. I hope that when I have finished, I may PM it to you for suggestions of any kind.
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 6:53am
Originally posted by GSCroft GSCroft wrote:

Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

Ah Brother Tim! Your wry cynicism is delightful. My style of writing varies much based on my intentions and goals.
I am deeply sincere in this, and would certainly welcome your help. While I am still refining my technique, you can be assured that my style will be appropriate to the project in question.

Thank you so very much for your input!

Try to keep it short and to the point.

Make sure that it has a point.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic