IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Living with mother in law  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Living with mother in law

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparkle17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Living with mother in law
    Posted: 27 April 2017 at 12:24am
Salaam all. I posted a message a few months regarding living with my mil and the issues we are having. One kind user replied that patience and duas are needed and inshallah over time, things will get better. I have been both patient and reading namaz and praying to god but things are worse now.

My mil is actually bullying me. A harsh word but she is constantly making me feel rubbish and shouting and arguing for no reason. It is now at the point where the arguments are weekly so I'm always uncomfortable being in the same room as her as I know she will just shout. My sis in law also lives with us but she is engaged and my mil told her that she shouldn't live with her inlaws. That she should live separately with her husband once she's married so I'm shocked that she wants me to live with her but doesn't want that life for her daughter.

Just 2 weeks ago, before my sis in law engagement, she called me downstairs to shout in front of my sis in law (who just stayed quiet). I find her so sly as she never shouts in front of my husband as she knows he will defend me.

I have a 2 year old son and work full time but on the weekends, I clean and cook and do the housework. But yet she complains she does everything in the house. And when I do something, she stands over me telling me what and how to do it. I'm a different person to what I was before I got married. I'm British born. Educated with a good job mashallah and I had a love marriage. But yet I feel as I'm living in the Olden times.

My hubby is the only son and he has no dad so we have to live with her. But I feel as if I need to leave him as I can't live with her anymore. I'm scared at the thought of becoming a single parent. I'm scared at the thought of divorce and what my parents will say as they are traditional and against divorce.

I feel so alone. My husband is a good person and does defend me but it will always be his mum first for him.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic