IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - $20 Bill  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

$20 Bill

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $20 Bill
    Posted: 08 March 2006 at 11:05am

$20 Bill

A well-known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $20 bill.
In the room of 200, he asked, "Who would like this $20 bill?"
Hands started going up.
He said, "I am going to give this $20 to one of you but first, let me do this."
He proceeded to crumple the dollar bill up.
He then asked, "Who still wants it?"

Still the hands were up in the air.
"Well," he replied, "What if I do this?"
And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into  the floor with his shoe.
He picked it up, now all crumpled and dirty.
"Now who still wants it?"
Still the hands went into the air.
"My friends, you have all learned a very valuable lesson.
No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value.
It was still worth $20.

Many times in our lives,  we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we  make and the circumstances that come our way.
We feel as though we are worthless.
But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value in God's eyes.
To Him, dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, you are still priceless to  Him.
You are special - Don't ever forget it!

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2006 at 8:40pm
did he still give the $20 bill away? LOL
mohammad View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohammad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2006 at 4:39am
Excellent Lesson for every one, No one can be worthless in the eye of Allah, this is the universal turth & the example ($20) was given by the speaker is an excellent & intelligent.   

Edited by mohammad
hind View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2006 at 7:09am

AMEEN!! 

Thanks Mishmish for sharing this!!!  Very encouraging to remember, especially when shaytain is doing his best to discourage you and overwhelm you with fear.  Allahu Akbur!!!  Allah is greater than ANY problems.  God is our only Protector and Helper.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic