IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What is Hijama Treatment  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is Hijama Treatment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanajamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is Hijama Treatment
    Posted: 06 February 2017 at 9:51pm
Assalaam Alaikum. We would like to invite you to PBUH medicine. Our aim is simple � to educate and inform people of this great yet forgotten Sunnah, Hijama.

The practice is used to maintain general well being. It also treats illnesses such as hair loss, asthma, back pain, relief from arthritic pain, skin problems, fertility problems, stomach problems, migraines and more.

We also have trained female therapists for the sisters.

Hijama is a natural therapy that the Prophet ﷺ practiced in their lifetime. There is extensive hadith supporting this.
Abu Hurairah rah reported that the Prophet ﷺ said, "If there was something excellent to be used as a remedy then it is cupping (hijama)." [Saheeh Sunan abi Dawud (3857), Saheeh Sunan ibn Maajah (3476)].

What is Hijama?

Hijama is an Arabic word meaning 'sucking or vacuum'. Originally Hijama was known as 'cupping' because of the use of cups as therapeutic tools. Initially the horn or cup was heated to create a negative pressure and this was mostly used to draw out blood and pus, but later, it was found to be effective in treating other diseases and over time developed into a therapeutic method. The modern method is not to use fire but to use sterile plastic cups with a pump to create the vacuum within.

There are two different types of Cupping:

Dry cupping - This is the process where the cups are placed on the body with suction however the incisions are not made therefore blood is not removed from the skin.

Wet cupping (Hijama) - This is the process where the cups are placed on the body with suction and then incisions are made on the skin to allow the removal of blood from the body. This is the Sunnah of the Prophet ﷺ and this is called Hijama.

Benefits of Hijama Therapy

The strengthening and stimulating effects of Hijama therapy make it successful in treating the following conditions: fatigue, period pain, constipation and diarrhea, headaches, back pain, arthritis, injuries, asthma, anemia, depression and emotional problems,
atrophy, sciatica, common cold and flu, skin problems, emotional problems, depression and much more. Traditional medicine tells us that all pain is due to stagnation of blood and Qi (body energy) pronounced as "chee".

The cups used in Hijama create a wonderful pulling power that reduces pain and enhances the mobilization of the immune system, stagnated blood and Qi.

Hijama therapy is effective in treating some clinical manifestations of external pathogens that are fighting at the level of the skin.
Hijama treatment releases toxins with minimal additional stress to internal organs and it directly de-acidifies tissues, enhances blood circulation, stimulates the immune system and reduces stress as it releases chemicals from the body that reduce stress and depression.

It also facilitates a sufficient flow of nutrition to the affected tissues and stimulates the flow of blood and lymph and so improves blood and lymph flow, and activates the function of the organs. Performing Hijama on the corresponding organ points is used to treat disorders such as liver and kidney problems, respiratory diseases, digestive disorders and some gynecological disorders. It can also be used to treat muscle spasms especially in the back. It is useful in treating painful joints, stomach-ache, vomiting and diarrhea.

Detoxification of the blood, stimulation of new blood formation.

As we age, we suffer from increased accumulation of toxins, stemming from poor diet and lifestyle, pharmaceutical drugs, pesticides, insecticides and other chemicals in our fruits, vegetables and meat, environmental pollutants and chemicals. Hijama helps to remove these impurities and stimulate the bone marrow to produce new, healthier blood, increases blood circulation and pain reduction. Areas of chronic pain often have localized areas of blood stagnation. Both the action of drawing a vacuum on the skin as well as the drawing of blood helps to improve circulation. Cupping has been used successfully for numerous diseases including blood disorders, hemophilia, tumors, headaches, paralysis, cardio-vascular, hepatic, renal, genital, rheumatic, and ophthalmic diseases.

It is important to have Hijama performed by someone who is trained by a self- regulating-body school. Unfortunately many Hijama practitioners are not well-trained and often perform Hijama incorrectly. Above all, it needs to be done in a clean environment with the practitioner wearing gloves and ensuring everything is kept as sterile as possible. Hijama is very safe, but a patient's medical and medication history is important to consider, which is often neglected by many practitioners.

All equipment used is brand new and used only once and disposed of after session. Hijama is not just recommended to treat particular ailments, but there is reward if performed with the niyyah (intention) of reviving a Sunnah. In fact, many Muslims have Hijama performed regularly for this very reason.

The Prophet ﷺ said "Whosoever has revived one of my Sunnah, has in fact loved me. And the one who has loved me, will be with me in Paradise."

By having Hijama performed, and telling others, it can be changed from a forgotten Sunnah into a commonly practiced one. Not only does this have physical benefits, but strengthens one's love for the Sunnah of the Prophet ﷺ .

Our aim inshAllah is to help revive this Sunnah, and see it alive in the lives of many Muslims in the coming years.

Please contact us to get more information, or advice about treating particular conditions or just to have Hijama performed to revive a Sunnah and to maintain general well being in your lives.
mzrikaz View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzrikaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2022 at 5:13am
Thank you so much for shared your valuable insights about what hijama cupping is . it is a greated gift of our islam. in my area in sri lanka it's hard for me to find a therapist to perform the hijama cupping therapy so i bought a product named HijaMate® to do the therapy bymyself at my home. it is a cost effective method for me. it may be useful for the people who feels hard to find a hijama therapist. 
hertscupping View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hertscupping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 4:43am
Alhamdulillah, a great written explanation about Hijama and the benefits. This is one of the main reasons why I decided to take up Hijama in the UK. Keep up the good work
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic