IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ready to learn  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ready to learn

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kweit38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ready to learn
    Posted: 02 February 2017 at 7:26am
Hello to all...

I am an American female religious enthusiast who has spent the last 20 years of my life seeking God.
I was raised by typical atheist, liberal, scientific parents who rejected the notion of there existing such a thing as God...they found the notion ridiculous. I however from my earliest memories was always dubious of their dismissal. So even before I could read, I was granted permission to begin attending church with neighbors, families of class mates etc. What I found however was perplexing; here in the states there are various Christian sects, all different in their understanding of the bible yet all claiming to be "the one true church of God" It left me with the gnawing nagging question Who was right because there can be only one truth. So I set out on my own in search of God. I have studied just about every religion on the globe to include those whose cultures have died and are no longer practiced.
My current project is your religion and I have just began reading Quran and am hoping to get help from time to time in understanding some of the finer details.
I have learned a lot and have much much more to learn but I have come to believe that is the true pourpose of life look for the truth and never give up till you find it.

Smiles...
Kweit38
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2017 at 5:02am
Hello kweit,

Welcome to the discussion forums of Islamicity.

Very happy to know that you are studying Islam. Kindly share your doubts or any questions on islam, insha Allah, we are here to help you out in the understanding.

Wishing you a happy stay here at Islamicity
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2017 at 11:50am
Hi Kweit,

You may be able to some sort of bridge for me as well. I am one of those atheists like your parents.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic