IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Don't know what to do?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Don't know what to do?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godisgreat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Don't know what to do?
    Posted: 23 January 2017 at 4:36am
Hi Sisters,
I am new to this forum, as I have just recently (6 months ago), began strengthening my relationship with Allah, alhamdulilah.

Prior, I was not a very good Muslim :( I did a lot of bad deeds, including cheating on my spouse. I have repented and even so, I still suffer with anxiety attacks and depression. I pray that this is Allah's way of making me pay for my sins here on this earth instead of suffrage in hell.

I am on a new path of growth and understanding of Allah and Islam. I feel warm and peaceful when I pray and I really feel that God had forgiven me, and that is my only will power that keeps me going. I am thankful God did not expose my secret and I am able to salvage my relationship with my husband.

Sisters, I am in a uncomfortable situation. The man I cheated on my husband with recently sent me an e-mail trying to contact me and see what I have been up to. Of course I do not want to engage in anything with him, but I was wondering what would be the islamic way to handle this? Respond and tell him to never contact me again? Ignore and block his e-mail address? I am in quandary because I don't want to break his heart. I basically just ended things with him by blocking his phone number and erasing him from social media. But after months he contacted me via e-mail and I feel that maybe ending things more properly would give him closure and he would stop trying. I really don't know what to do. For now I just left the e-mail as is and have not responded or blocked or anything. What would you sisters suggest I do in this situation?

Thanks.
Centrino View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Centrino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2017 at 9:31am
Although this is 2 months old, I'll still give my opinion in case it may be helpful to others.

I'd suggest not doing anything if possible, since it's pretty darn obvious when someone stops contacting you that they are no longer interested in continuing the relationship, hence, him emailing you after such a period is probably just to know what happened/satisfy his curiosity.

If you think you're confident that you'd not be tempted to get back with him when you give him a reason for him to have 'closure', then go ahead but keep it short and firm. Don't be harsh, though.

Don't know what you've chosen to do by now since this is a 2-month old post, but I hope everything worked out. And bravo to you for deciding to go on the right path!
malina View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2017 at 5:16am
Hi Sister! My first thought is that he has forgotten you and wants to contact. I do not know how the situation looks right now but I hope you feel more better than when you've been writing this post.
Haleema_Star View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haleema_Star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2017 at 7:17am
Sister i would recommend you block the number, tell him straight and if you feel tempted to cheat again..go seek a islamic counceller to help you with your emotions
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic