IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Scientific error in the Quran?! Please he  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scientific error in the Quran?! Please he

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NinjaSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scientific error in the Quran?! Please he
    Posted: 18 January 2017 at 1:17pm
alsalam ealaykum brothers and sisters

Lately, i have noticed that quran says that a sperm becomes embryo...but uhh a sperm doesn't become embryo on its own, it's the zygote which become embyro.. not the sperm So please help me and explain this

the second question is regarding Quran [75:37]

Had he not been a sperm from semen emitted?

Well doesn't this verse ignore the fact that the person was nothing first, I mean the person wasn't a sperm at first or an egg, the person is the result of a sperm fertilizing an egg..Isn't that right? so the baby wasn't a sperm at first or an egg. It was only the result

So please answer these questions, they annoy me so much

and thanks!
Elcocaloca View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elcocaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2017 at 2:30pm
Peace be upon you

Where does Quran says that sperm becomes an embryo by it self?
Your attitude is kind of phylosophic, like who was first - chicken or egg. You can say that person was a result or you can say that he was a sperm or egg, I think both is right. At least we know that gender of future human is defined by sperm.

Basically, in my own opinion, Allah The Most Glorified and Most High, in his Blessed Quran tells: "look from what you was made" look at what you was in the very begging. And we all can say in the very begging our bodies was just a sperm or egg. Do you get this? And I think that people looks at Quran as an Encyclopedia, which is not. Quran is given in a very poetic manner. Yes, it has no mistakes from scientific point of view, but it is not an encyclopedia or scientific book like some brothers wants it to be, it is spiritual. But once again as a Hole Book it has no right for mistake, that's why I appreciate your question.
Elcocaloca View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elcocaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2017 at 2:36pm
Like look what your car was made from: a bunch of iron. Sure you can add that there was a plastic and many other things like software. But common, Quran is not a biology book. How you want it to be given? With pictures and full description of all stages of human body development? Always remember that Quran was sent in Arabia in time when poetry was very appreciated, so it has a very beautiful poetic style with a lot metaphors and etc. Thats my personal opinion.
Mouaza View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mouaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2017 at 8:57pm
http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp?chapter=76&verse=2

Chapter:76/2
Mohsin Khan: Verily, We have created man from Nutfah drops of mixed semen (discharge of man and woman), in order to try him, so We made him hearer, seer.

Brother, the word sperm refers to a thing that mankind has only discovered few hundreds of years ago, and wasn't known when Quran was descended to Mohammed peace be upon him. As such, many Quran translations are not accurate by translating the word Nutfa into sperm cell, and it is more accurate to translate it as a drop or as Quran identifies this drop in Chapter 76/2 by saying 'mixed drop', which exactly refers to the fertilized egg from both a man and a woman , and this is when human creation actually begins.

Than you for your good question.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic