IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muslim boyfriend of 11 years  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muslim boyfriend of 11 years

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fakelove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Muslim boyfriend of 11 years
    Posted: 15 January 2017 at 8:43am
This is a long story so I'll cut it short. I've been with a guy over 11 years and I can see the end of our relationship approaching. Why? Because he is Muslim and he is getting pressured by his mum to get an arranged marriage. He wanted me to convert but not only that. He expected me to live in his parents house with them cook, clean etc plus cover up and god knows what else. This was too much for me as I haven't been brought up like that. There was no give or take it seemed it was his way because again his mum wants a muslim! So then all of a sudden he tells me over the past 6 months that he can't leave me so he will marry who his mum chooses and marry me and live with me. This is non negotiable for me I would never do this. I would rather convert than be a second wife still hidden away as a secret or whatever. I feel I'm not good enough I have days where I cry all the time. I have days where I feel strong. Lately I have crumbled and feel so depressed, plus I have recently lost my Grandma so the pain in my life has doubled. We still see eachother, still sleep together but I can't help bringing up the subject every time. I don't know what to do I feel alone as none of my friends care or ask me how I am. My parents never wanted us to be together either they are Catholic. I've even tried to talk to other guys but feel I can't move on as I'm still in love and I hurt everyday. Some advice please?
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 10:53am
your name says it all fake love.
Hafajean View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hafajean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 8:25pm
Many Americans live as though others of different cultures should be like Americans. In my opinion you met a Muslim man and it seems you expect him to act American. Muslim culture is family. You cannot separate them. Americans have lost touch with real close ties, not all but most.
It seems you may miss out on the better part of him. To live with his family to me would naturally require my part in helping, by cleaning or cooking. Even if a boyfriend is not a part of the stay. What a great opportunity to get to know his family, to be able to show your own star player self. To become bonded with a family from the middle East. They are great host and are very real not fake. You choose to be with this man, let him be the man, you would be surprised how wonderful the man/ woman bond can be.

I don't mean to scold you if I came across as so, please understand I would not bother to say anything if I didn't care.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 7:17am
Fakelove, have you met his mum?
Fakelove View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fakelove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2017 at 8:58am
Once briefly but she was nice to me
2Acts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Acts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Hafajean Hafajean wrote:

Many Americans live as though others of different cultures should be like Americans. In my opinion you met a Muslim man and it seems you expect him to act American. Muslim culture is family. You cannot separate them. Americans have lost touch with real close ties, not all but most.
It seems you may miss out on the better part of him. To live with his family to me would naturally require my part in helping, by cleaning or cooking. Even if a boyfriend is not a part of the stay. What a great opportunity to get to know his family, to be able to show your own star player self. To become bonded with a family from the middle East. They are great host and are very real not fake. You choose to be with this man, let him be the man, you would be surprised how wonderful the man/ woman bond can be.

I don't mean to scold you if I came across as so, please understand I would not bother to say anything if I didn't care.

I presume the Muslim man in question is an immigrant ? If so then he needs to behave like an American (or British if in the UK). If he and his family are not prepared to, then they should go back to the country they came from.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic