IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Islamic view of the Last Supper  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islamic view of the Last Supper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faithdialogue8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Islamic view of the Last Supper
    Posted: 01 January 2017 at 12:49pm
How does Islamic theology view the words of Jesus during the Last Supper? His words seem to suggest he will suffer and die on the cross.What is the understanding of the words: "Take, eat, this is my body.... Take, drink, this is my blood.... Do this in remembrance of me."
faithdialogue8 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faithdialogue8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2017 at 9:31pm
I haven't had a response to my question as of yet, but would like to take a moment to take a stab at what I think the answer to the question might look like. 

The idea that almighty God could come down to earth in the form of bread and wine is beyond comprehension because how can God come before a human without the human falling down dead in the presence of almighty God?  In the Islamic understanding, this is an impossibility.

But my question still stands, what new and everlasting covenant is Jesus making in his statement?  How is this understood from an Islamic perspective? 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic