IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - tips to be saved from Hellfire  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tips to be saved from Hellfire

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lebb93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tips to be saved from Hellfire
    Posted: 18 December 2016 at 2:07pm
Here are 7 tips from our Prophet (SAWS) to save yourself from Hellfire.

1) Performing 4 rak'aat before 'Ad-dhor' and 4 after it

Umm Habibah the wife of the Prophet (SAWS) : She heard Allah's  Messenger (SAWS) saying :"Whoever maintains four Rak'aat before Az-Zuhr and four after it, Allah makes him prohibited for the Fire." [ Sunan At-Tirmidhi 428, Grade : Sahih (authentic) ]

PS : According to the scholars, the 4 rak'aat should be performed by 2 prayers of 2 rak'aat.

2) Fasting

The Prophet (SAWS) said : "Whoever fasts a day in the way of Allah, then Allah will move his face away from the Hellfire by a distance of seventy years". [ Sahih Bukhari , Muslim ]

PS : Try to fast some mondays and thursdays outside Ramadan in order to get further away from Hellfire.

3) Making a du'aa which will make Paradise and Hellfire supplicate for the believers

The Prophet (SAWS) said :"Whoever asks Allah for Paradise three times, Paradise will say: O Allah, admit him into Paradise. Whoever seeks protection from Hellfire three times, Hellfire will say: O Allah, save him from the Hellfire.� [ Sunan At-Tirmidhi 2572, Grade : Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Albani ]

The following dua'a are : *Allahuma adkhilni Jannat ul Firdaws ( 3 times )
                          *Allahuma ajirni minan naar ( 3 times )

PS : Try to say these du'aas in every prayers

4) Whoever has faith, prays and fasts will enter Paradise whether he fights in Jihad or not

Abu Huraira reported : The Prophet (SAWS) said : "Whoever believes in Allah and His Messenger, establishes prayer, and fasts the month of Ramadan will have a right upon Allah that he will be entered into Paradise whether he strives in the cause of Allah or remains in the land in which he was born.�  [ Sahih Bukhari 2790 ]

5) Having a good behaviour

The Prophet (SAWS) said :"Shall I not tell you for whom the Hellfire is forbidden? It is every person accessible, polite, and mild.�
[ Sunan At-Tirmidhi 2488, Grade : Hasan ]

PS : It means he is accessible to people, he is against harshness, easy-going in his character and generous in his personality.

6) Giving charity

According to Ady Ibn Hatim (may Allah be pleased with him), the Prophet (saws) said : "Guard yourself from the Hellfire even with half of a date in charity. If he cannot find it, then with a kind word."[ Sahih Bukhari 1417 and Sahih Muslim 1016 ]

7) Crying out of fear of Allah

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (SAWS) said: �A man who weeps for fear of Allah will not enter Hell until the milk goes back into the udder, and dust produced (when fighting) for the sake of Allah and the smoke of Hell will never coexist.� [Jami' at-Tirmidhi 1633]

PS : The last part of the hadith is a metaphor for it being impossible, as in the verse where Allah says (interpretation of the meaning): �and they will not enter Paradise until the camel goes through the eye of the needle� [7:40].

Share this with others so that you gain as much rewards as them practising.

May Allah save us from Hellfire. Ameen.Ameen.

Edited by lebb93 - 06 July 2017 at 3:45pm
zainkhalid View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zainkhalid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2017 at 10:48pm
JazakAllah Khair
lebb93 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lebb93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2017 at 1:15pm
+zainkhalid Wa iyakum.
lebb93 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lebb93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 6:19am
Salam alaykom. I just checked thoroughly and I found out that tip 4 (the hadith about making du'aa to ask protection against Hellfire 7 times after Fajr and Maghrib) is classified as weak hadith. It's better to not practise it but the tip 3 is authentic. One more thing. The tip about charity, it's Sahih Bukhari 1417 and not 6195. Once again I'm sorry. If you have sent these tips to people, please inform them. May Allah forgive me and all of us for our mistakes.

Edited by lebb93 - 17 April 2017 at 10:05am
lebb93 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lebb93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 10:22am
One more thing. The tip about charity, it's Sahih Bukhari 1417 and not 6195. And the tip about the jihad, it's Sahih Bukhari 2790 and not 2637. Once again I'm sorry. If you have sent these tips to people, please inform them.
jacksonliam341 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksonliam341 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2022 at 4:30am
I just checked thoroughly and I found out that tip 4 (the hadith about making du'aa to ask protection against Hellfire 7 times after Fajr and Maghrib) is classified as weak hadith. 

It's better to not practise it but the tip 3 is authentic. One more thing. The tip about charity, it's Sahih Bukhari 1417 and not 6195. Once again I'm sorry. 

If you have sent these tips to people, please inform them. May Allah forgive me and all of us for our mistakes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic