IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Story of Yusuf Estes - From Darkness to Light  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Story of Yusuf Estes - From Darkness to Light

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syed_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Story of Yusuf Estes - From Darkness to Light
    Posted: 15 December 2016 at 7:58pm
https://www.vimeo.com/146419978

(14:04).... God leaves whoever He will to stray, and guides whoever He will: He is the Almighty, the All Wise. 
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2016 at 12:50am
Syed_z
Quote (14:04).... God leaves whoever He will to stray, and guides whoever He will: He is the Almighty, the All Wise.

Can't be!
Logically it must be him to lead us astray -otherwise he can't be almighty.

This was the bad news.

The good news is that he will be back caring for us at the day of judgement, where he will send those that he has (deliberately) led astray to eternal roasting.

You just can't have it all: Airmano

Edited by airmano - 16 December 2016 at 7:09am
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2016 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by syed_z syed_z wrote:

https://www.vimeo.com/146419978(14:04).... God leaves whoever He will to stray, and guides whoever He will: He is the Almighty, the All Wise.�

I look at the video, but I can find holes in his testimony; for instance, He said he was a devout Christian. I find it hard to believe that he would meet up with a Muslim and not understand anything about Islam.

Moreover, he thought if he could make this Muslim guy a Christian he could be made into a saint or an angel. True Christians know that a Christian is already saint just for being Christian, and they will not be made into angels. Moreover, he didn't know that the Bible doesn't say God created Jesus by saying be, but it does say Jesus is the Word of God who always existed with God from the beginning. Jesus = be was the Word Allah used to create all things seen and not seen.
I feel, IMHO, this guy was looking for power, money and respect in the Christian realm and didn't find it, but he appears to have found what he sought in Islam.
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2016 at 11:55pm
Great story. I am always happy to see a person embrace God more deeply.

Seek the water, not the pitcher.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2016 at 7:51am
Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

In regards to Usef's testimony, are you saying that his faith in the Allah of Islam and in his messenger has made him embrace God more than when he was a Christian if he was that at all?
I am just trying to understand your rationale to say that, because I couldn't say that from where I stand right now. How do you do it? Maybe you can get me to see in a different light since you are a Christian too.

From what you say and from where I stand here I am encouraged to be a Muslim by your statement for a deeper walk with God. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by Saved - 20 December 2016 at 7:55am
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2016 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Saved Saved wrote:

In regards to Usef's testimony, are you saying that his faith in the Allah of Islam and in his messenger has made him embrace God more than when he was a Christian if he was that at all?
I am just trying to understand your rationale to say that, because I couldn't say that from where I stand right now. How do you do it? Maybe you can get me to see in a different light since you are a Christian too.

From what you say and from where I stand here I am encouraged to be a Muslim by your statement for a deeper walk with God. Please correct me if I am wrong.

You're wrong. Loving God is wonderful and I think I would enjoy a cup of tea with Yusuf.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
2Acts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Acts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2016 at 9:04pm
Muslim converts to Christianity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3lHueRXvh0
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2016 at 5:01pm

Originally posted by Saved Saved wrote:

You're wrong. Loving God is wonderful and I think I would enjoy a cup of tea with Yusuf.
Why are you deflecting from the dialogue? No one said anything about it not being good to have a cup of coffee with Yusuf or that we shouldn't love God and people. I would love to have a dialogue with him with a coffee or not.

So, are you saying I am wrong for thinking that you meant what you said about people like Yusuf might want a deeper walk with God and choosing Islam was the route he could accomplish that in? It seems your are saying I am wrong; oh well, I mean I really thought you meant it when you said, you are "always happy to see a person embrace God more deeply." That person was Yusuf in regards to his conversion was it not?

Edited by Saved - 28 December 2016 at 11:47am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic