IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Difference between land owner and leader?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Difference between land owner and leader?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aslamtu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Difference between land owner and leader?
    Posted: 06 December 2016 at 8:16am
As salamu alakyum
Let's say I buy a big island. I would now own it as a property. Would I get the obligations a leader is supposed to provide? I've read that a leader whose people don't want them to be a leader - their prayer is not accepted. Let's say I am a land owner of this island and my people don't want me as a leader. Would my prayers not get accepted? Allah commands that legislation is only for Allah. Can I make some rules and if someone doesn't obey, make them leave? What if I don't implement the Shari'ah - is there any sin on me?

Thank you.
syed_z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syed_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2016 at 8:57pm
Wa Alaikum Salaam Wa Rahmatullahi,

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) as saying: Each of you is a shepherd and each of you is responsible for his flock. The amir (ruler) who is over the people is a shepherd and is responsible for his flock; a man is a shepherd in charge of the inhabitants of his household and he is responsible for his flock; a woman is a shepherdess in charge of her husband's house and children and she is responsible for them; and a man's slave is a shepherd in charge of his master's property and he is responsible for it. So each of you is a shepherd and each of you is responsible for his flock.

Whether you are a leader, or owner and if you have subordinates then you are responsible for them.

As for your question about Shariah, it is not something that can be imposed. People have to be educated about it first before they can be ruled by it. Unfortunately many Muslims around the world, in fact majority I would say are unaware of Shariah and have been raised in Muslim countries that are secular.

About an unwanted leader whose people's prayer don't get accepted is something I've never heard of. I think I have heard something related to it in the context of a prayer leader and not a ruler. Please share the hadith of Quranic verse to remind. JazakAllah khayr.

Edited by syed_z - 08 December 2016 at 9:00pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic