IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hello from Windsor Ontario Canada  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello from Windsor Ontario Canada

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naruto_miu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from Windsor Ontario Canada
    Posted: 05 December 2016 at 8:56pm
Hello all, my name Is Abdi-Fatah, and I'm from Windsor Ontario Canada. I came to this forum In hopes of finding a teacher that would be more than willing to teach me, how to read Arabic for the purposes of Insha-Allah being able to read the Quran.

Even though, I have never actually read the Quran In Arabic, because I can't read It. Don't get me wrong, I've looked up lessons online and we even have a "Arabic book" (The one with all the letters and what not), but truth be told, I know the letters, It's the conjoining of the letters that's really my difficulty, and than when you add all the "Muds and the long vowels and short vowels" and all the other things, this Is where I usually get lost and confused and than Just lose hope.

I've called our local mosque In hopes of finding a teacher to help teach me, but I was getting conflicting answers to It.

So I found myself here, because of a youtube video about a certain man by the name of "Robert Davila", who ended up finding a teacher online to actually teach him the Quran, so I'm hoping that someone on here would be willing to teach me the Arabic enough to be able to read the Quran one day.

I'm unsure If I'm able to post links on here or not, but If I'm not than plz take It down moderators, And If I am able to post them, here's the story of brother Robert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7kjLJL7Z1o
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2016 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Naruto_miu Naruto_miu wrote:

Hello all, my name Is Abdi-Fatah, and I'm from Windsor Ontario Canada. I came to this forum In hopes of finding a teacher that would be more than willing to teach me, how to read Arabic for the purposes of Insha-Allah being able to read the Quran. Even though, I have never actually read the Quran In Arabic, because I can't read It. Don't get me wrong, I've looked up lessons online and we even have a "Arabic book" (The one with all the letters and what not), but truth be told, I know the letters, It's the conjoining of the letters that's really my difficulty, and than when you add all the "Muds and the long vowels and short vowels" and all the other things, this Is where I usually get lost and confused and than Just lose hope. I've called our local mosque In hopes of finding a teacher to help teach me, but I was getting conflicting answers to It. So I found myself here, because of a youtube video about a certain man by the name of "Robert Davila", who ended up finding a teacher online to actually teach him the Quran, so I'm hoping that someone on here would be willing to teach me the Arabic enough to be able to read the Quran one day.I'm unsure If I'm able to post links on here or not, but If I'm not than plz take It down moderators, And If I am able to post them, here's the story of brother Robert.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7kjLJL7Z1o

Dear Naruto miu,

For those who are not Arabs (like me), it's impossible to be able to learn Arabic in the Quran in just one day.
I hope anyone can teach you to read the Qur'an in this forum. I want to teach you, but the distance and time for me is too dense in everyday life.
I really appreciate you to learn reading Quran.

Regards,
Asep
maron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2016 at 7:05pm
Alsalam alikum,

Wecome here.

Are you a revert?
Naruto_miu View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naruto_miu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2016 at 10:32am
Originally posted by maron maron wrote:

Alsalam alikum,

Wecome here.

Are you a revert?

No I'm not a revert I was born Into Islam, but never learned the Arabic language even though my family speaks Arabic, my wife speaks Arabic, they "Can't Teach" as It's not their gift they can only "Speak", thy can't even "Read" they merely can "Speak and Understand" It
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic