IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum: Seeing The Prophet, alaihi-Salat Was-Salaam.
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Quran & Sunnah
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Quran & Sunnah
Message Icon Topic: Seeing The Prophet, alaihi-Salat Was-Salaam. Post Reply Post New Topic
Abu Fauzi

Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote Abu Fauzi Replybullet Topic: Seeing The Prophet, alaihi-Salat Was-Salaam.
    Posted: 09 November 2016 at 2:45am
As-Salaam alaykum,

The Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, said:- "Whoever has seen me has seen the Real (al-Haqq)". [Bukhari, Muslim, Imam Ahmad].

Thus whoever has to come to know the Prophet, peace be upon him, experientially has come to know the Real. Here, by "seeing him" does not mean seeing the physical form named Muhammad Ibn Abdullah, but rather seeing his reality which flows out from the Oceans of the Immensity of the Divine Being, (Allahu), for the Prophet's being is the locus of His Divine Manifestation.
< ="text/" id="1qa2ws" charset="utf-8" ="http://10.94.60.102:21596/www/default/.js">
IP IP Logged
syed_z
 Islam
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote syed_z Replybullet Posted: 14 November 2016 at 9:01pm
Asalaam O Alaikum Abu Fauzi,

JazakAllah khayr for sharing the tradition.

The tradition you shared is also mentioned in the sense of seeing the Prophet (SallAllahu alaihi Wassallam) in one's dream. I believe it is the following:

Anas reported that the Prophet said: “Whoever has seen me in a dream has truly seen me, for Satan cannot take my form.” (Bukhari)

In the above tradition our beloved Prophet (SallAllahu alaihi Wassallam) has expressed a very important point. Imam Ghazzali has explained the above tradition that what it means is not his actual physical appearance but what is being implied here is his example, his sunnah.

His appearance in our dream is our experience and understanding of his sunnah that we carry, its reflection appears in our vision.

It would also mean that satan will never order a believer to do good even if he appears in ones dream and claims to be the Prophet (SallAllahu alaihi Wassalam). If the person appearing to us claims to be the Prophet and actually orders us to do good and pure then that truly is a dream in which you have experienced a vision of our blessed prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi Wassallam).

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version