IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Best of Deceivers or Planners?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Best of Deceivers or Planners?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Best of Deceivers or Planners?
    Posted: 07 November 2016 at 11:25pm
In the Arabic Quran, Allah states the unbelievers plot, plan, and scheme, but Allah is the best of deceivers or is it planners? Does anyone know?

Edited by Saved - 07 November 2016 at 11:26pm
syed_z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syed_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2016 at 9:18pm

The Word in Arabic is Makr which can be translated as 'schemed, planned, plotted, devised etc.

English is a very limited language as compared to classical Arabic which is immensely deep. The English words for Makr may be very few as compared to more meanings that can be derived from this same word. This is something the linguists can understand better.

Nevertheless the Quran has been made easier by the translators for the people of other languages to understand. The basic meaning of each word is sufficient to understand the meaning of the words in a particular Quranic verse.

Sahih International: And the disbelievers planned, but Allah planned. And Allah is the best of planners.

Pickthall: And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them): and Allah is the best of schemers.

Yusuf Ali: And (the unbelievers) plotted and planned, and Allah too planned, and the best of planners is Allah.

Shakir: And they planned and Allah (also) planned, and Allah is the best of planners.

Muhammad Sarwar: The unbelievers plotted and God planned, but God is a much better planner;

Mohsin Khan: And they (disbelievers among the Jews) plotted [to kill 'Iesa (Jesus) ], and Allah planned too. And Allah is the Best of the planners.

Arberry: And they devised, and God devised, and God is the best of devisers.

Allah (swt) failed the scheming of the disbelievers among the Jews who tried to kill Jesus, son of Mary (alaihi Salaam) by raising him up. Allah failed their schemes:

4:156-159

and because they disbelieved and uttered a terrible slander against Mary, 157and said, �We have killed the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, the Messenger of God.� (They did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, though it was made to appear like that to them; those that disagreed about him are full of doubt, with no knowledge to follow, only supposition: they certainly did not kill him�� God raised him up to Himself. God is almighty and wise. And there is none of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), but must believe in him ['Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), as only a Messenger of Allah and a human being], before his ['Iesa (Jesus) or a Jew's or a Christian's] death (at the time of the appearance of the angel of death). And on the Day of Resurrection, he ['Iesa (Jesus)] will be a witness against them.

The Jews have to accept him as the promised Messiah, a miracle of God. The christians have to believe in him as the Prophet and not a son of God. If they fail to do so before their deaths then Jesus himself will bear witness against them on the day of judgement.

airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2016 at 9:20am
Syed_Z
Quote The christians have to believe in him as the Prophet and not a son of God. If they fail to do so before their deaths then Jesus himself will bear witness against them on the day of judgement.
Honestly, do you really believe that Jesus is going to send his whole fan-club to hell ?

Airmano

Edited by airmano - 27 November 2016 at 9:21am
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2016 at 4:29am
Jesus Christ(pbuh) always preached oneness of God,in Bible who Christians claim to believe and follow,Jesus Christ(pbuh)told people to believe in prophet Muhammad Saw pbuh and he will say what is told to him by Allah,we know through prophet Muhammad Saw(pbuh),Allah gave Quran.in Quran we receive a true definition of God-Allah is one he is eternal he is neither born nor give birth there is nothing like him.
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2016 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

Jesus Christ(pbuh) always preached oneness of God,in Bible who Christians claim to believe and follow,Jesus Christ(pbuh)told people to believe in prophet Muhammad Saw pbuh and he will say what is told to him by Allah,we know through prophet Muhammad Saw(pbuh),Allah gave Quran.in Quran we receive a true definition of God-Allah is one he is eternal he is neither born nor give birth there is nothing like him.
First of all, show where Jesus told us to believe in Muhammad.

If you mean the verse about the Spirit of Truth that guides us into all truth, forget it. That was not referring to any prophets; that was referring to The Spirit of God.

Muhammad wasn't a spirit being; so, common sense should tell us Jesus wasn't speaking of him. Besides, the Spirit of Truth continues to lead us. Muhammad has been long dead. So how can it be referring to him? The only prophets Jesus warned us of is false prophets and many of them would come after Jesus Matthew 24.

Christians never said or believe that God was born or has a son that he sired; these are misconceptions you have about the gospel as all Muslims do. We believe God is one and Jesus is His Word; You believe God is one and Muhammad is his messenger.

Christians don't believe in the three Allah implies; so, I don't blame you for having misconceptions. I don't understand why we should believe Muhammad is a messenger because Gabriel delivered the messages to Muhammad from the Allah of Islam. Gabriel was the messenger; in fact, angel means messenger.

I also don't understand how he can be our prophet when he never heard directly from Allah. What makes one a prophet is them hearing from God directly. Besides, didn't Allah tell Muhammad through Gabriel that if you have doubts as to your prophet-hood to ask the People of the Book - that is us!!!

Edited by Saved - 29 November 2016 at 5:10pm
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2016 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by syed_z syed_z wrote:

<p ="verse">

<p ="verse">The Word in Arabic is Makr which can be translated as 'schemed, planned, plotted, devised etc.

<p ="verse">English
is a very limited language as compared to classical Arabic which is
immensely deep. The English words for Makr may be very few as compared
to more meanings that can be derived from this same word. This is
something the linguists can understand better.

<p ="verse">Nevertheless
the Quran has been made easier by the translators for the people of
other languages to understand. The basic meaning of each word is
sufficient to understand the meaning of the words in a particular
Quranic verse.

Sahih International: And the disbelievers planned, but Allah planned. And Allah is the best of planners.

Pickthall: And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them): and Allah is the best of schemers.

Yusuf Ali: And (the unbelievers) plotted and planned, and Allah too planned, and the best of planners is Allah.

Shakir: And they planned and Allah (also) planned, and Allah is the best of planners.

Muhammad Sarwar: The unbelievers plotted and God planned, but God is a much better planner;

Mohsin Khan: And they (disbelievers among the Jews)
plotted [to kill 'Iesa (Jesus) ], and Allah planned too. And Allah is
the Best of the planners.

Arberry: And they devised, and God devised, and God is the best of devisers.

<p ="verse">

<p ="verse">Allah
(swt) failed the scheming of the disbelievers among the Jews who tried
to kill Jesus, son of Mary (alaihi Salaam) by raising him up. Allah
failed their schemes:

<p ="verse">4:156-159

<p ="verse">and
because they disbelieved and uttered a terrible slander against Mary,
157and said, �We have killed the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, the
Messenger of God.� (They did not kill him, nor did they crucify him,
though it was made to appear like that to them; those that disagreed
about him are full of doubt, with no knowledge to follow, only
supposition: they certainly did not kill him�� God raised him up to Himself. God is almighty and wise. And there is none of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians),
but must believe in him ['Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), as only a
Messenger of Allah and a human being], before his ['Iesa (Jesus) or a
Jew's or a Christian's] death (at the time of the appearance of the
angel of death). And on the Day of Resurrection, he ['Iesa (Jesus)] will
be a witness against them.

<p ="verse">The Jews
have to accept him as the promised Messiah, a miracle of God. The
christians have to believe in him as the Prophet and not a son of God.
If they fail to do so before their deaths then Jesus himself will bear
witness against them on the day of judgement.

So, Allah made something not true appear as true; how is that the best of plans? Why didn't he translate Jesus to paradise; Why use Makr (Deception) which only led to Christianity? How is that the best of plans???
syed_z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syed_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2016 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by airmano airmano wrote:

Syed_Z
Quote The christians have to believe in him as the Prophet and not a son of God. If they fail to do so before their deaths then Jesus himself will bear witness against them on the day of judgement.
Honestly, do you really believe that Jesus is going to send his whole fan-club to hell ?

Airmano

Bearing witness against their false beliefs does not mean they will be sent to the hellfire. It's better for you to ponder over the words 1st before coming to conclusion.

It is only God, The Just The Most Merciful who decides who deserves punishment and who should be forgiven.

5:116-118

When God asked Jesus, son of Mary "Did you tell men to consider you and your mother as their gods besides God?" he replied, "Glory be to you! How could I say what I have no right to say? Had I ever said it, You would have certainly known about it. You know what is in my soul, but I do not know what is in Yours. It is You who has absolute knowledge of the unseen.

"I did not tell them anything except what You commanded me to tell them. I told them that they must worship God who is everyone's Lord. I watched them as long as I was among them until You raised me to Yourself and You Yourself had also watched over them; You are Omnipresent.

You may punish Your servants or forgive them for You are Majestic and Wise."
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2016 at 11:54pm

The christians have to believe in him as the Prophet and not a son of God. If they fail to do so before their deaths then Jesus himself will bear witness against them on the day of judgement.
This is not true. We don't believe Jesus is the sired son of God. Muslims think we believe that. We Believe God is one and Jesus is His Word. You believe God is one and Muhammad is his slave messenger.

We didn't make up the phrase "son of God." God called Jesus His son. Your argument is with God and not Christianity

When God asked Jesus, son of Mary "Did you tell men to consider you and your mother as their gods besides God?" he replied, "Glory be to you! How could I say what I have no right to say? Had I ever said it, You would have certainly known about it. You know what is in my soul, but I do not know what is in Yours. It is You who has absolute knowledge of the unseen.

"I did not tell them anything except what You commanded me to tell them. I told them that they must worship God who is everyone's Lord. I watched them as long as I was among them until You raised me to Yourself and You Yourself had also watched over them; You are Omnipresent.

You may punish Your servants or forgive them for You are Majestic and Wise."
First of all. this all seems like a discrepancy, bc Allah alludes to the Christian trinity as being the son, mother and father (Allah). There is no such trinity in Christianity of God's oneness.
Allah also said "they do disbelieve who say Allah is the third of three." Allah didn't appear to know that to Christianity the third person of the trinity is the Holy Spirit and not Allah or the father

Edited by Saved - 30 November 2016 at 10:41am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic