IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Trinity  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Trinity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 6:28am
Originally posted by AhmadJoyia AhmadJoyia wrote:

Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

>>�And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, E�li, E�li la�ma sa-bach�tha-ni? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?� (Matt: 27-46)<<

This was not an original utterance. Jesus was reciting Psalm 22. One cannot understand what Jesus was saying here without reading the entire psalm.

Okay!! Very interesting indeed. At such a critical juncture of his life, Jesus recalling and quoting just a phrase from Psalm 22, could mean different to different people. So, brother DavidC, please enlighten us as what do you understand of it.

Secondly, I still waiting for your in depth response on two aspects of Christian history.
1) Development and evolution of Trinity through centuries of human effort as against God inspired.

2) Anonymous authorship of Biblical books (both OT & NT) negating initial stance of being true Eye Witness accounts.

Best regards.

The essence of Psalm 22 is a prayer that God's will be done, and an affirmation of the wisdom of God in spite of personal suffering.

Please focus question one. Kindly give me a question suitable for a one or two sentence answer. My history isn't that strong, and your question requires a book to answer.

The gospels are all titled "The Gospel According to . . ." The oral histories of the four Apostles were all dictated to anonymous scribes. We know who told the stories but we don't know who wrote the books.

Edited by DavidC - 14 November 2016 at 6:29am
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 7:17am

>>�And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, E�li, E�li la�ma sa-bach�tha-ni? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?� (Matt: 27-46)<<

This was not an original utterance. Jesus was reciting Psalm 22. One cannot understand what Jesus was saying here without reading the entire psalm.

Okay!! Very interesting indeed. At such a critical juncture of his life, Jesus recalling and quoting just a phrase from Psalm 22, could mean different to different people. So, brother DavidC, please enlighten us as what do you understand of it.

Secondly, I still waiting for your in depth response on two aspects of Christian history.
1) Development and evolution of Trinity through centuries of human effort as against God inspired.

2) Anonymous authorship of Biblical books (both OT & NT) negating initial stance of being true Eye Witness accounts.
Best regards.

The essence of Psalm 22 is a prayer that God's will be done, and an affirmation of the wisdom of God in spite of personal suffering.

This implies either god is deceiving himself or Jesus can never be God. Since first is not possible, one can only conclude that Jesus was not God. Can you see it?

Please focus question one. Kindly give me a question suitable for a one or two sentence answer. My history isn't that strong, and your question requires a book to answer.

No problem my brother, you may not have time to write a book, but for your own sake, do re-read the history that is all what is needed as how Trinity was finally got roots through Royal decree.

The gospels are all titled "The Gospel According to . . ." The oral histories of the four Apostles were all dictated to anonymous scribes. We know who told the stories but we don't know who wrote the books.

Good to know that, if not all, at least this part of history is acknowledged. But Question remains when these scribes (Whosoever they were) wrote from the so called "Oral traditions" and from whom (I can pen down my grand grand grand father's stories and to put credence to my version, I can simply omit the intermediaries)? Of course there were so many other versions of such "Oral traditions", and the question is why picked these 4 and not others and who selected them and on what merit or criteria and rejected others?
Best regards.
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 10:59am

I have addressed this. There is no need for a long explanation.

This implies either god is deceiving himself or Jesus can never be God. Since first is not possible, one can only conclude that Jesus was not God. Can you see it?
The Bible doesn't claim Jesus is the father God and neither do Christians. He is the word of God that the Scriptures state was God. Jn. 1

Good to know that, if not all, at least this part of history is acknowledged. But Question remains when these scribes (Whosoever they were) wrote from the so called "Oral traditions" and from whom (I can pen down my grand grand grand father's stories and to put credence to my version, I can simply omit the intermediaries)? Of course there were so many other versions of such "Oral traditions", and the question is why picked these 4 and not others and who selected them and on what merit or criteria and rejected others?
Best regards.
The different versions of oral tradition incorporated in the gospel never contradict the central gospel message. God made sure we had that intact. One message that contradicts the central gospel message is the Quran that came centuries after the gospel was written. What I don't understand is the Quran is suppose to confirm the gospel it states Allah sent for guidance and light. I find that it doesn't confirm but attempts to usurp the gospel. I could be wrong but I cannot see how.

The gospel had been plagiarized many times I am sure, but there are couple of examples I can give off the top of my head. Let's say I trust the primary source over a secondary one. Well, I'll give one little example:

The prophet Joseph Smith came up with the BOOK of Mormon. Mormons claim he is the seal of the prophets, but we can see that the Smith's book borrowed from the Bible; he even copied translational errors that are in the KJV of the Bible. I can go on, but I'll stop here.

Edited by Saved - 14 November 2016 at 7:08pm
syed_z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syed_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 8:18pm
Dear David,

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on Jesus (alaihi Salaam) reading Psalms. I was just sharing my thoughts on it. Its hard for my mind to accept those words coming from Jesus if I am someone who believes in 'Original Sin' concept.

No offense my dear brother. Please ask any questions about Jesus son of Mary (alaihi Salaam) in Islam if you have.

Hope you're having a good day. Peace.
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by Saved Saved wrote:

You say:
"Allah makes it clear in the Quran (at least to me) when he states "They do disbelieve who say Allah is the third of three." So, Allah implies that Christians worship Allah as the third person of the trinity,"

Dear Saved,

Do you read the Quran or just people say? or your own embroider Allah words?
The truth is: "... Walaataquuluu tsalaatsatun (And please do not say God is three) .. intahuu khairallakum (please stop you say it, it's better for you) .. innallaahu ilaahuwwahidun (only Allah, the only one God)" and the next sentence is: "Glory to Allah from the assumption has a son,..."

Most people know that Islam is famous with "Tawheed" and very different with the Trinity (Quran 112:1-4)

Now I want to ask you, what is the name of the religion brought by Jesus when he was still on earth? Nazrani, Christian, Catholic, or are there other names? Thank you.

Regards,
Asep
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2016 at 9:26am
Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

You say:
"Allah makes it clear in the Quran (at least to me) when he states "They do disbelieve who say Allah is the third of three." So, Allah implies that Christians worship Allah as the third person of the trinity,"

Dear Saved,

Do you read the Quran or just people say? or your own embroider Allah words?
The truth is: "... Walaataquuluu tsalaatsatun (And please do not say God is three) .. intahuu khairallakum (please stop you say it, it's better for you) .. innallaahu ilaahuwwahidun (only Allah, the only one God)" and the next sentence is: "Glory to Allah from the assumption has a son,..."

Most people know that Islam is famous with "Tawheed" and very different with the Trinity (Quran 112:1-4)

Now I want to ask you, what is the name of the religion brought by Jesus when he was still on earth? Nazrani, Christian, Catholic, or are there other names? Thank you.

Regards,
Asep

Hi Asep:

Jesus didn't teach about religion; He taught us relationship with God through Him.

As for Allah saying "Say not three it is better for you..." I am not questioning that verse. I know about it. I was focusing on who the three are according to or implied by Allah in the Quran.

For instance, Allah also said: "They do disbelieve who call Allah the third of three" Which obviously implies that Christians believe Allah was the third person of the three or the trinity he said not to say; moreover, he questions Jesus saying "Did you say take you and your mother for two gods besides me?"

The only logical inference one can make from this is that Allah implies Christians should stop calling Jesus, Mary and Allah the three with Allah as the third person. But who does that? I know of no Christians past or present who believe in God's triunity in such an abominable way. There are no Christians on earth that believe the son, mother, and father are the trinity.

My question is didn't Allah and Islam's messenger know that the Holy Spirit is the third person of the three that he said not to say to all Christians? I mean you no offense, but I am just a critical thinker. The gospel tells us not to believe every spirit but to check it out carefully and with pray.

Finally, I also know about "tawheed" a term that is not in the Quran just as the term "trinity" is not in the Bible. Thanks for your response.

Blessings,
Al

Edited by Saved - 15 November 2016 at 9:36am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2016 at 8:09am

I have addressed this. There is no need for a long explanation.
Okay,I have responded it after this post, accordingly.

The Bible doesn't claim Jesus is the father God and neither do Christians. He is the word of God that the Scriptures state was God. Jn. 1

Come on brother, there is no need to play with the words like Father God, God, Son God, all equal etc. Your similar effort is also not very convincing when you were bent upon making us understand that a verb "Word" somehow = Noun "Word". Are you challenging the grammatical rules to fit your concept of triune god more plausible? I don't think so.

Best regards.

The different versions of oral tradition incorporated in the gospel never contradict the central gospel message.

Yes, my brother again you have tried to answer to a wrong question. I didn't question about variations within Gospels (that could be an important question of some other time), but the soundness in being an eye-witness account. You some how didn't bother to answer it.

God made sure we had that intact.

Exactly how? Can you be specific as this is my basic question where series of canonization councils have had books added or removed from the Canon? What was the criteria and who decided it?

One message that contradicts the central gospel message is the Quran that came centuries after the gospel was written. What I don't understand is the Quran is suppose to confirm the gospel it states Allah sent for guidance and light. I find that it doesn't confirm but attempts to usurp the gospel. I could be wrong but I cannot see how.
For example? Can you quote which verse or part of Quran does that? Quran specifically negates Trinity and for this you have already admitted that it is not explicitly stated in the anonymous gospels. Even if you find such a conflict with Quran, how can you be so sure that the anonymous gospels provide an inspired message of God? BTW do you seriously believe these books are truely inspired by God? If yes, inspired to whom?

The gospel had been plagiarized many times I am sure, but there are couple of examples I can give off the top of my head. Let's say I trust the primary source over a secondary one. Well, I'll give one little example:

The prophet Joseph Smith came up with the BOOK of Mormon. Mormons claim he is the seal of the prophets, but we can see that the Smith's book borrowed from the Bible; he even copied translational errors that are in the KJV of the Bible. I can go on, but I'll stop here.

Your admission of plagiarized gospel and then explain it away through an irrelevant example of LDS, is not understood. I assume, and I am sure I am wrong in this assumption, that if you are trying to equate somehow LDS with Islam, I would only be surprised by your ignorance.

Best regards.

Edited by AhmadJoyia - 16 November 2016 at 8:51am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2016 at 8:47am

We don't need to know who the human authors of the Bible are; what is important is whether it is truth or not. If it is truth as pertaining to one's salvation, it is coming from God. You can know an author that doesn't mean you have truth. Especially if the author is corrupt.

O my dear brother how is it even possible to gauge a message's purity if it is anonymous? Anyone can add/delete from it at his own human discretion and yet call it divinely inspired. On the more, inspired to whom? Your logic is counter intuitive even to an ordinary level common sense.

Next, the only two branches or aspects of Christianity are the nominal Christians that know about Jesus and the true Biblical Christians that know Jesus. There is a night and day and life and death difference.

Not very convincing statement my brother. Have you ever googled about this topic to find various beliefs among various Christian denominations about Trinity or even about the identity of Christ? If not yet, here is the starting point http://www.religionfacts.com/denominations-beliefs

As for the trinity the term doesn't exist in the gospel nor are we told to teach about it. As for Nicea, they coined the term trinity there and NOT the concept. The earliest church after Jesus' ascension always believe Jesus was and is the son of God.
The gospel says when we ask to be filled with the Holy Spirit after accepting Christ as our savior, God's Holy Spirit of Truth joins with ours and we experience an internal confirmation from God directly in and with our spirit. We experience the oneness with God that Jesus prayed we would. I have experience this and there is nothing on earth that can come close to matching it.

My dear brother, after going through the above referred webpage, can you specifically say of which of them do you belong to? Are you Anglican / Methodist / Lutheran etc? And exactly why do you say what you are? I mean what is that special proof with you to make all other Christian denomination less correct than yours?
I hope your answer should solve much of my unanswered questions in this regards.

Best wishes and warm regards

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic