IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Trinity  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Trinity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Trinity
    Posted: 31 October 2016 at 12:46pm
The term trinity is not mentioned in the Bible, but one cannot deny the concept is there.

No where in the Bible is Christianity commanded to teach on the trinity or explain what makes God tick. What we know about God's triunity is that God is one and He is Spirit. He can never die. He must be worshipped in spirit and in truth. This is easily backed up by Scripture.

As for the three alluded to in the Quran, one can intelligently infer that the trinity understood according to Allah in the Quran are the son, mother and father. That would be Jesus, Mary and Allah.

If we look objectively and honestly, we know this from the way Allah questions Jesus: "Did you say take you and your mother for two gods besides me?" Allah makes it clear in the Quran (at least to me) when he states "They do disbelieve who say Allah is the third of three." So, Allah implies that Christians worship Allah as the third person of the trinity, but nothing could be further from the truth.

What I am hoping to accomplish here is to show the misconceptions Muslims have had for centuries on what Christians believe and what is stated in the gospel about God's triunity.

I see it from a Scriptural perspective and that is Jesus is Allah's Word. Jn. 1 Christians don't believe there are three Gods; we believe there is one God. In fact, monotheism is original to the Judo-Christian faith.

I admit I associate Jesus to Allah as His word, but that is not an idolatrous association. Just like my word in this post is associated to me and your post is to you, God's word is associate to Him. If not, who else would His Word be associated to?

The next thing we learn from Scripture is that Allah is Holy; therefore, it is logical to believe God is the Holy Spirit. Now the Holy Spirit was never mention by Allah or his Islamic messenger.

The point I am making is there are no Christians that ever believe Allah/God the father was the third person of the trinity not before or after Muhammad; so, that begs the question who was Allah referring to when he said say not three? No one in Christianity I know ever said the three Allah describes by implication is the trinity.

We Christians cannot explain the trinity concept nor are we commanded to do so. But neither can Muslims explain what they mean by God is one.

How can I tell you how God allows His word to be a human person or for His Holy Spirit to be with us and he is one not two or three. I cannot and will not try to make finite human sense of the infinite.

So the debates continue to where Muslims say Christians associate to God and Christians state that Muslims are making association to Allah as well. Personally, I see one as idolatry and the other is not. Ask me why.

PBUY,
Al

Edited by Saved - 31 October 2016 at 9:26pm
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2016 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Saved Saved wrote:

The term trinity is not mentioned in the Bible, but one cannot deny the concept is there.

No where in the Bible is Christianity commanded to teach on the trinity or explain what makes God tick. What we know about God's triunity is that God is one and He is Spirit. He can never die. He must be worshipped in spirit and in truth. This is easily backed up by Scripture.

My dear bro Saved, thanks for opening up a topic, that was debated since the day Trinity was historically dogmatized and is still being debated, especially within the Christian Churches of various denominations. So, instead of wasting time here on what it is or what it is not, IMHO, the more important question is as what is reliable source of information and authentic from God (from our own respective beliefs) and what is not; only then we should be able to defend our respective point of view. I hope we should all agree to this one common point before proceeding further.

As for the three alluded to in the Quran, one can intelligently infer that the trinity understood according to Allah in the Quran are the son, mother and father. That would be Jesus, Mary and Allah.

If we look objectively and honestly, we know this from the way Allah questions Jesus: "Did you say take you and your mother for two gods besides me?" Allah makes it clear in the Quran (at least to me) when he states "They do disbelieve who say Allah is the third of three." So, Allah implies that Christians worship Allah as the third person of the trinity, but nothing could be further from the truth.

Here again, your question relates to historical developments of various Christian sects and their beliefs. Suffice is to say that what Arabian Christians believed in 6th or 7th Century may not be same as what now the Christians believe and same is true with the evolutionary development in the collection of canonized biblical books within different Christian sects. Keyword/phrase for you is to look for 'Christian heretics' and you would find the answer to your own question.

..... 1 Christians don't believe there are three Gods; we believe there is one God. In fact, monotheism is original to the Judo-Christian faith.
I am really delighted to know this, at least from you.

I admit I associate Jesus to Allah as His word, but that is not an idolatrous association. Just like my word in this post is associated to me and your post is to you, God's word is associate to Him. If not, who else would His Word be associated to?

Ok, if this be the starting point, then let me add few more dimensions to this analogy and see where we end up. Yes it is true that everything that Allah has created or intends to create, all He says the "Word" "Be" and things are created, like the creation of Adam (humans). In the same way, Allah must have said "Word" for the creation of "Jesus" as a special gift to the People in need of him. So, yes we can associate "Jesus" as the 'Word' proceeded from Allah as His wonderful creation. Do you agree?

The next thing we learn from Scripture is that Allah is Holy; therefore, it is logical to believe God is the Holy Spirit. Now the Holy Spirit was never mention by Allah or his Islamic messenger.

That is not quite true. 'Rouh ul Qoodus' can be translated as 'holy spirit' and is known as angel Gabriel among Muslims.

The point I am making is there are no Christians that ever believe Allah/God the father was the third person of the trinity not before or after Muhammad; so, that begs the question who was Allah referring to when he said say not three? No one in Christianity I know ever said the three Allah describes by implication is the trinity.

I guess, I have already answered this question by referring you to go through your own development history of various Christian sects. Start with Arian controversy.

We Christians cannot explain the trinity concept nor are we commanded to do so. But neither can Muslims explain what they mean by God is one.

Again, my brother you need to learn so much about Islam and the best starting point is Quran. Here is the definition of Allah, by Himself from Quran Ch112:1-4.
"Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
And there is none like unto Him."

How can I tell you how God allows His word to be a human person or for His Holy Spirit to be with us and he is one not two or three. I cannot and will not try to make finite human sense of the infinite.

Well, I have an answer if you agree with it. Why is it difficult to comprehend Allah's Word can't be a created human Jesus? Now, since Allah sent His "Word" Jesus for human guidance, it was all natural for the people to listen, obey and thus get Salvation. Simple and straight without any theological difficulty to understand, I hope.

Edited by AhmadJoyia - 01 November 2016 at 9:25pm
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2016 at 9:02am
There is too much dancing around with language here.

In Christianity, Gabriel is an independent supernatural being with free will. He is used as a tool by God, but Gabriel is not God and so Gabriel is not identical to the Holy Spirit even if the translations seem parallel. Gabriel is only moved by the Holy Spirit.

As I understand Islam, and please correct me if I am mistaken, God and man are always separate. Man is locked in ego and prays to act in parallel to God's will. God does not act directly through individuals in Islam; individuals only submit to God.

In Christianity, we believe Christ enabled the ability of God to use mankind as a tool just as He used Gabriel. Because of Christ, God can enter us and act through us. This was not possible before Jesus. This is the activity of the Holy Spirit.

This is why we are Christians. We realize that now the Holy Spirit Of God can dwell within us.

In Islam, I most easily see the Holy Spirit in the Ummah. Many personalities and generations and languages working as tools of God in a way that is not individual. The Ummah is a tool of God which acts through mankind, and it seems very close to the Christian idea of the Holy Spirit of God.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2016 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by AhmadJoyia AhmadJoyia wrote:

My dear bro Saved, thanks for opening up a topic, that was debated since the day Trinity was historically dogmatized and is still being debated, especially within the Christian Churches of various denominations. So, instead of wasting time here on what it is or what it is not, IMHO, the more important question is as what is reliable source of information and authentic from God (from our own respective beliefs) and what is not; only then we should be able to defend our respective point of view. I hope we should all agree to this one common point before proceeding further.

Here again, your question relates to historical developments of various Christian sects and their beliefs. Suffice is to say that what Arabian Christians believed in 6th or 7th Century may not be same as what now the Christians believe and same is true with the evolutionary development in the collection of canonized biblical books within different Christian sects. Keyword/phrase for you is to look for 'Christian heretics' and you would find the answer to your own question.

..... 1 Christians don't believe there are three Gods; we believe there is one God. In fact, monotheism is original to the Judo-Christian faith.
I am really delighted to know this, at least from you.

Ok, if this be the starting point, then let me add few more dimensions to this analogy and see where we end up. Yes it is true that everything that Allah has created or intends to create, all He says the "Word" "Be" and things are created, like the creation of Adam (humans). In the same way, Allah must have said "Word" for the creation of "Jesus" as a special gift to the People in need of him. So, yes we can associate "Jesus" as the 'Word' proceeded from Allah as His wonderful creation. Do you agree?

That is not quite true. 'Rouh ul Qoodus' can be translated as 'holy spirit' and is known as angel Gabriel among Muslims.

I guess, I have already answered this question by referring you to go through your own development history of various Christian sects. Start with Arian controversy.

Again, my brother you need to learn so much about Islam and the best starting point is Quran. Here is the definition of Allah, by Himself from Quran Ch112:1-4.
"Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
And there is none like unto Him."

Well, I have an answer if you agree with it. Why is it difficult to comprehend Allah's Word can't be a created human Jesus? Now, since Allah sent His "Word" Jesus for human guidance, it was all natural for the people to listen, obey and thus get Salvation. Simple and straight without any theological difficulty to understand, I hope.
You do have a lot spinning around here. But let's focus of what stands out most. I do want to say I agree with a few of your points, but lets take your advice concerning our personal dialogue. Lets not talk to each other about the trinity for now. Understand however, I am not trying to convince you to believe in the concept of God's triunity. I am simply stating it is not humanly possible to explain God's oneness at this time and that is for both Christian and Muslim alike.

Your next point is of concern because it seems that you need to go back and read what I said carefully, because the Scriptures that came before back my statements here.

Now, I agree that the Quran states Jesus is the Word "Be." In the Quran, Jesus was created, but in the Bible he is the Creator. Jesus existed before all creation with God. He is His word. Jesus is the very Word God used to create all things. "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God" Jn. 1

What I find interesting is that in the Quran Jesus created a bird, but God can only share His creative power with no one but Himself. Moreover, In Islam Jesus is the Word verb "BE" and in the Bible Jesus is the Word Verb "I am." Notice carefully please: I am and Be are the same verb! Like I am is to Be, that is like Jesus is to God. "Very truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" Jn. 8: 58

Finally, As the three alluded to in the Quran again the point I was making is there are no Christians that ever believe Allah/God the father was the third person of the trinity ever not before or after Muhammad; so, that begs the question who was Allah referring to when he said say not three? No one in Christianity I know ever said the three Allah describes by implication is the trinity. Please don't pivot on me here.

Question for you: where does it state Allah's Word cannot be made human by God's power?

PBUY,
Al

Edited by Saved - 03 November 2016 at 12:13pm
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2016 at 12:59am
Dear Bro Saved!
It would be better for our discussions that we provide the questions or issues asked and then reply one after another, just like I have done to your reply. Otherwise summing up and non-specific response would create confusion and may involve a lot of frivolous discussion to creep into our dialogue. I hope you understand. Best regards.

Edited by AhmadJoyia - 04 November 2016 at 1:00am
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2016 at 1:17am
Originally posted by AhmadJoyia AhmadJoyia wrote:

Dear Bro Saved!
It would be better for our discussions that we provide the questions or issues asked and then reply one after another, just like I have done to your reply. Otherwise summing up and non-specific response would create confusion and may involve a lot of frivolous discussion to creep into our dialogue. I hope you understand. Best regards.

PBUY AhmadJoyia:

Of course I understand. That is what I am doing. I addressed each point you brought up, and I asked you to show me where you got that Allah cannot make His word a person?

You haven't responded to my last post to you. If someone comes out with a lot of points, we can just address a few of them if not all.

Regards,
Al

Edited by Saved - 04 November 2016 at 1:19am
syed_z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syed_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2016 at 10:04pm

Now, I agree that the Quran states Jesus is the Word "Be." In the Quran, Jesus was created, but in the Bible he is the Creator. Jesus existed before all creation with God. He is His word. Jesus is the very Word God used to create all things. "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God" Jn. 1

What I find interesting is that in the Quran Jesus created a bird, but God can only share His creative power with no one but Himself. Moreover, In Islam Jesus is the Word verb "BE" and in the Bible Jesus is the Word Verb "I am." Notice carefully please: I am and Be are the same verb! Like I am is to Be, that is like Jesus is to God. "Very truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" Jn. 8: 58

In the Quran Allah Al Mighty also referred to Adam (Alaihi Salaam) as the word 'Be':

(3:59) Surely the example of Isa (Jesus) in the sight of Allah is the same as that of Adam whom He formed from clay, then said (to him): �Be.� He became.

Since Adam (alaihi Salaam) is also His Word, then you should also worship him and consider him to be divine like God?

Your concept of Jesus, son of Mary (alaihi Salaam) performing miracles with his own power and like a creator contradicts what is in the Gospel that he was just a human/man and could do it only by the Grace and Will of Allah.

�Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:� (Acts: 2-22)

In the Quran Allah (swt) makes it absolutely clear that Jesus, son of Mary (alaih Salaam) was performing miracles by the grace and Will of Allah and not independently,

Al Quran 3:49

I will make the shape of a bird for you out of clay, then breathe into it and, with God�s permission, it will become a real bird; I will heal the blind and the leper, and bring the dead back to life with God�s permission

Finally, As the three alluded to in the Quran again the point I was making is there are no Christians that ever believe Allah/God the father was the third person of the trinity ever not before or after Muhammad; so, that begs the question who was Allah referring to when he said say not three? No one in Christianity I know ever said the three Allah describes by implication is the trinity. Please don't pivot on me here.

There was a Christian delegation that came to Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassalaam) and he preached and warned them not to say what they attributed towards God i.e. assigning sonship to Him. This is a fact that there were Christians that believed in that concept of trinity.

The Story is taken from Madinah to Karabala Vol 2 Chapter Mubaahila. This story is also recorded in all famous Quran commentaries.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Twelve Christians led by their priest, who were residents of Najran, a city in south-western Arabia near the border with Yemen, came to see the Holy Prophet . They held a conversation with the Holy Prophet  and during the conversation they asked as to what belief he  held regarding Jesus or Isa . The Holy Prophet  replied:

He is the slave of Allah , Messenger of Allah    and the �word� of Allah , which He bestowed on Mary 

The priests interjected that Isa  is also the �son of Allah � (wa huwa ibnullah).

The Holy Prophet  replied:

Subhanahu ayyakunalahu walad

Allah  is Pure, and no children can be attributed to Him

They asked:  Have you encountered a being born without a father? Since Jesus has no father, then Allah  is his father.

The Holy Prophet  replied that they produced a strange proof for their claim, since if Jesus has to be accepted as the �son of God� because he had no father, then what would be Prophet Adam �s status since he had neither father nor mother? The Holy Prophet  then recited 3rd Sura, Aal-i- Imraan ﺁVerse 59

Surely the example of Isa (Jesus) in the sight of Allah is the same as that of Adam whom He formed from clay, then said (to him): �Be.� He became.

They had no answer to this and other proofs presented by the Holy Prophet . They aimlessly furthered the debate but were able to present no flawless proof for their claim.

When they continued arguing and refused to accept the truth then Allah  revealed the 3rd Sura, Aal �Imraan Verse 61

Come! Let us gather together - our sons and your sons, our women and your women, ourselves and yourselves - then let us humbly pray, and invoke the curse of Allah  on those who lie!

When two opposing schools of thought differ on an issue and when dialogue and debate fails to resolve the dispute, then the solution is a Mubaahila or a gathering where the opposing groups supplicate to Allah  as follows:

O Lord of the Universe! In this dispute give honour to the proper in this matter and disgrace those that are incorrect

The Holy Prophet brought Hazrath Ali  and Hazrath Fatimah Zahra , Hazrath Imam Husayn  and Hazrath Imam Hasan and told them :

When I supplicate to Allah  against this opposition you all should say, �May it be so� (ameen) The Holy Prophet  told those priests that they should also supplicate.

When the Holy Prophet  said this, the Pope, Abdul Haris lbne Alqama, the greatest scholar among them, addressed his people: exclaimed and told his followers:

La tu baahilu fatah le ku 

Don�t partake in this Mubaahila or all of us will be destroyed

Surprised at his remarks they asked him as to what had happened to him, since he was in high spirits and confident of defeating the Muslims.  He said:

Verily I see a divine light on the face of our combatants; I am beholding such faces among them as can make the mountains move from their spots if they pray to God. So beware! Never try to contest with them, otherwise you will perish and the entire nation of Christians will succumb to extinction! 
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2016 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by syed_z syed_z wrote:

Now, I agree that the Quran states Jesus is the Word "Be." In the
Quran, Jesus was created, but in the Bible he is the Creator. Jesus
existed before all creation with God. He is His word. Jesus is the very
Word God used to create all things. "In the beginning was the Word and
the Word was with God and the Word was God" Jn. 1

What I find interesting is that in the Quran Jesus created a bird,
but God can only share His creative power with no one but Himself.
Moreover, In Islam Jesus is the Word verb "BE" and in the Bible Jesus is
the Word Verb "I am." Notice carefully please: I am and Be are the same
verb! Like I am is to Be, that is like Jesus is to God. "Very truly I
tell you," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" Jn. 8: 58

In the Quran Allah Al Mighty also referred to Adam (Alaihi Salaam) as the word 'Be':(3:59) Surely the example of Isa (Jesus) in the sight of Allah is the same
as that of Adam whom He formed from clay, then said (to him): �Be.� He
became.
Since Adam (alaihi Salaam) is also His Word, then you should also worship him and consider him to be divine like God?Your
concept of Jesus, son of Mary (alaihi Salaam) performing miracles with
his own power and like a creator contradicts what is in the Gospel that
he was just a human/man and could do it only by the Grace and Will of
Allah.<span style="font-size:11.0pt;line-height:107%;
font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:
Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;
mso-ansi-:EN-US;mso-fareast-:EN-US;mso-bidi-:AR-SA">�Ye
men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among
you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of
you
, as ye yourselves also know:� (Acts: 2-22)In the Quran
Allah (swt) makes it absolutely clear that Jesus, son of Mary (alaih
Salaam) was performing miracles by the grace and Will of Allah and not
independently,Al Quran 3:49�I will make the shape of a bird for you out of clay, then breathe into it and, with God�s permission, it will become a real bird; I will heal the blind and the leper, and bring the dead back to life with God�s permission</span>

Finally, As the three alluded to in the Quran again
the point I was making is there are no Christians that ever believe
Allah/God the father was the third person of the trinity ever not before
or after Muhammad; so, that begs the question who was Allah referring
to when he said say not three? No one in Christianity I know ever said
the three Allah describes by implication is the trinity. Please don't
pivot on me here.

There was a Christian delegation that came to Prophet
Muhammad (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassalaam) and he preached and warned them
not to say what they attributed towards God i.e. assigning sonship to
Him. This is a fact that there were Christians that believed in that
concept of trinity. The Story is taken from Madinah to Karabala
Vol 2 Chapter Mubaahila. This story is also recorded in all famous Quran
commentaries.--------------------------------------------------------------------Twelve
Christians led by their priest, who were residents of Najran, a city in
south-western Arabia near the border with Yemen, came to see the Holy
Prophet . They held a conversation with the Holy Prophet  and during
the conversation they asked as to what belief he  held regarding Jesus
or Isa . The Holy Prophet  replied: He is the slave of Allah , Messenger of Allah �� and the �word� of Allah , which He bestowed on Mary  The priests interjected that Isa  is also the �son of Allah � (wa huwa ibnullah). The Holy Prophet  replied: Subhanahu ayyakunalahu walad Allah  is Pure, and no children can be attributed to Him� They asked:� Have you encountered a being born without a father? Since Jesus has no father, then Allah  is his father. �The
Holy Prophet  replied that they produced a strange proof for their
claim, since if Jesus has to be accepted as the �son of God� because he
had no father, then what would be Prophet Adam �s status since he had
neither father nor mother? The Holy Prophet  then recited 3rd Sura,
Aal-i- Imraan ﺁVerse 59Surely the example of Isa (Jesus) in
the sight of Allah is the same as that of Adam whom He formed from
clay, then said (to him): �Be.� He became.
They had no
answer to this and other proofs presented by the Holy Prophet . They
aimlessly furthered the debate but were able to present no flawless
proof for their claim. When they continued arguing and refused to accept the truth then Allah  revealed the 3rd Sura, Aal �Imraan Verse 61Come!
Let us gather together - our sons and your sons, our women and your
women, ourselves and yourselves - then let us humbly pray, and invoke
the curse of Allah  on those who lie!
When two opposing
schools of thought differ on an issue and when dialogue and debate fails
to resolve the dispute, then the solution is a Mubaahila or a gathering
where the opposing groups supplicate to Allah  as follows: O Lord of the Universe! In this dispute give honour to the proper in this matter and disgrace those that are incorrect The
Holy Prophet brought Hazrath Ali  and Hazrath Fatimah Zahra , Hazrath
Imam Husayn  and Hazrath Imam Hasan and told them : When I supplicate to Allah  against this opposition you all should say, �May it be so� (ameen) The Holy Prophet  told those priests that they should also supplicate. When
the Holy Prophet  said this, the Pope, Abdul Haris lbne Alqama, the
greatest scholar among them, addressed his people: exclaimed and told
his followers: La tu baahilu fatah le ku� Don�t partake in this Mubaahila or all of us will be destroyed �Surprised
at his remarks they asked him as to what had happened to him, since he
was in high spirits and confident of defeating the Muslims.� He said: Verily
I see a divine light on the face of our combatants; I am beholding such
faces among them as can make the mountains move from their spots if
they pray to God. So beware! Never try to contest with them, otherwise
you will perish and the entire nation of Christians will succumb to
extinction!�

Hi Syed,

thanks for your response, yes, Adam was Allah's creation in both the Bible and Quran, but all creation was done through and for Jesus. Jesus is considered to be the second or last Adam according to the gospel. Sin entered the world through Adam's disobedience, but grace and truth came through the last Adam Jesus.

You mentioned: ...if Jesus has to be accepted as the �son of God� because he had no father, then what would be Prophet Adam �s status since he had neither father nor mother? The Holy Prophet then recited 3rd Sura, Aal-i- Imraan ﺁVerse 59

To this I would say that according to gospel Scripture Adam is considered son of God. Adam had to have been created without biological father or mother to start the human race, but what makes Jesus more special is the fact that he was born without an earthly father's intervention also making God His father.

One of the significant differences between Adam and Jesus is the fact that Jesus was not created. He existed with God as His Word from the beginning. Moreover, God didn't need to start creation making there no need of having a virgin birth; therefore, His virgin birth has a reason that can be found in its original source the gospel. the Quran is a secondary source in regards to His virgin birth, but the Quran doesn't give the reason and the gospel which is the original source of that info does.

True, Jesus may have created the bird with God's power which is not against Scripture that states all thing were created by Him through Him and for Him. Jn. 1 Jesus couldn't be Allah's creation because Allah needed His Word to create. Jesus is the Word be that created Adam and all prophets according to the gospel Allah said is for guidance and light.

PBUY,
Al

PS.... As for invoking a curse on the liars, people may try to do that to True Biblical Christians only to find the curse return from where it came.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic