IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Works VS Faith  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Works VS Faith

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2016 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

Dear Saved,

How will I trust you? (�You should read it several times, pray and think carefully to what it says. Ask your Creator to show you where I am coming from in what I have shared.�), even you are rarely put out the word of God.

Due to your statements in your writing this one convoluted (unlike the others), then my answer is simply brief: Quran 2: 15-18 and 42:15

Regards,
Asep
Hi Asep:

You can trust me by believing I am telling you what I believe to be true; just like I trust you do the same. These are the verses you gave me:

Save him who stealeth the hearing, and them doth a clear flame pursue.

So to that [religion of Allah ] invite, [O Muhammad], and remain on a right course as you are commanded and do not follow their inclinations but say, "I have believed in what Allah has revealed of the Qur'an, and I have been commanded to do justice among you. Allah is our Lord and your Lord. For us are our deeds, and for you your deeds. There is no [need for] argument between us and you. Allah will bring us together, and to Him is the [final] destination."

These verses you quote don't leave me any hope of being guided to Islam, because according to you a flame is following me because of my inclinations.

You are also saying my post don't make sense or they are convoluted. This is the verse that comes to mind: 1 Corinthians 1:18 But it doesn't have to be that way for you. Please remember you started with the hard verses first.

Regards,
Saved

Edited by Saved - 15 November 2016 at 10:07am
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2016 at 5:05pm
Dear Saved,

What I told to you about the convoluted does not mean I am humbled you, but because there is the answer you don�t focus on my question, even replied by question.

There's nothing at all to guide you even offend you, but I only spoke about the word of Allah in the Quran. If so, I apologize if it's not pleasing to you.

Regards,
Asep
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2016 at 6:33pm

Dear Saved,

What I told to you about the convoluted does not mean I am humbled you, but because there is the answer you don�t focus on my question, even replied by question.

There's nothing at all to guide you even offend you, but I only spoke about the word of Allah in the Quran. If so, I apologize if it's not pleasing to you.

Regards,
Asep
Dear Asep:

I agree that there's nothing at all to guide me or offend me concerning the Quran from what you have told me thus far.

It is not that the word of the Quran displeases me. The point is you appear to be using the Scripture of the Quran to judge me based on my not answering your questions and on my questions and comments to you.

The truth is I didn't understand one of your questions and you don't appear to understand my questions and comments either. So, I keep trying to communicate with you although you are very slow to reply.

One of the big differences between Islam and Christianity is that when it comes to salvation, Islam is more a works based religion and Christianity is more faith based.

To be honest with you, I don't trust my works to always be good and even if they were, I know it would never merit me salvation.

Peace,
Saved

Edited by Saved - 16 November 2016 at 6:35pm
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2016 at 5:58pm
Dear Saved,

Once again I say that I have no intention like that, and I already apologized if it is not pleasing to you.

The reason I was slow to reply to you even to the others, it's not because I'm lazy, but there's something more important job I have to do. Only Allah knows it.

Sorry, not because I do not want to trust to you, but I also had to consider to determine the truth that is in accordance with my heart and mind. Therefore, in the search for the ultimate truth, besides studied the Quran, I also studied the books of others, including the Veda (Hindu) and the Tripitaka (Buddhist), etc.

Regards,
Asep

Edited by asep48garut60 - 17 November 2016 at 5:59pm
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2016 at 4:53am
Well the whole Quran urges us to do good always,but these 4 verses always keep me on my toes to do good,Allah in ch 103 v 1-4 of Quran says with token of time man is in state of loss except those who have faith,do good deeds,resort people to truth,resort people to patience and perseverance.
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2016 at 9:29am

Dear Saved,

Once again I say that I have no intention like that, and I already apologized if it is not pleasing to you.

The reason I was slow to reply to you even to the others, it's not because I'm lazy, but there's something more important job I have to do. Only Allah knows it.

Sorry, not because I do not want to trust to you, but I also had to consider to determine the truth that is in accordance with my heart and mind. Therefore, in the search for the ultimate truth, besides studied the Quran, I also studied the books of others, including the Veda (Hindu) and the Tripitaka (Buddhist), etc.

Regards,
Asep
Dear Asep:
I notice that you have not mentioned the gospel as one of the Books you should be looking at as Allah commanded. How shall you arrive at truth without fully obeying God? God never told us to look at the Veda or the Tripitaka.
PBUY,
Saved

Edited by Saved - 18 November 2016 at 9:30am
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2016 at 9:44am
Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

Well the whole Quran urges us to do good always,but these 4 verses always keep me on my toes to do good,Allah in ch 103 v 1-4 of Quran says with token of time man is in state of loss except those who have faith,do good deeds,resort people to truth,resort people to patience and perseverance.
I believe people who receive the justice of God will be casted into the lake of fire. We need His mercy and to get his mercy we have to meet God on His terms not ours.
Deeds cannot save anyone nor are they the condition or terms that lead to salvation.
As I had mentioned, it is not what we do for God that counts; it is what He does in and through us that constitutes the mercy and grace of God mixed with our faith. If these conditions are not met, there will be no paradise.

Edited by Saved - 18 November 2016 at 9:46am
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2016 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

Matthew 7:21
�Not everyone who says to me, �Lord, Lord,� will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Excellent quote my brother DavidC which, IMHO, clearly shows the following:

1) Jesus, while he was physically on earth, his Father=God=Allah was in heaven. When, where, and how, the merger of the two (or three )took place?

2) The essential requirement of fulfilling the "will" of Father=Allah. Can this requirement be different than the one required by Jesus? I don't think so, simply because Jesus was the specially selected messenger (we call it Prophet) of Father=Allah. Btw what is this requirement? Again, IMHO, the first and foremost requirement is (a) Believe in his Prophet hood. (b) Do=Work as is being told by the Prophet (Here it must be noted that this Work is always good work and never the bad ones).

So, coming to the topic of "Works vs Faith", it is always the combination of the two and not just one. How can anyone claim to believe in Jesus or Mohammad as the Prophet of Father=Allah, and does bad things that are not fulfilling the requirements of Father=Allah?
However, again IMHO, even if someone is not a believer, his good Works would not go unrewarded by the Father=Allah, as He is the ultimate MOST Just.
What do you say?

Best regards.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic