IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Works VS Faith  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Works VS Faith

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2016 at 8:17am
Originally posted by Budain Budain wrote:

Does Islam accept Jesus as a spiritual being aka God as an equal to Allah?

Well come aboard my brother! "God" by definition is ONE who has none equal to, and who is OMNIPOTENT, all powerful, and empowered over each, every, and all things that exists in Uni/Multiverse, seen or unseen.
With this definition, I guess no one can compare Allah with any of His creatures, at all. With this being said, how can Prophet Jesus, who came to this earth as human, can be considered aka God?? You tell me!!
Best regards
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2016 at 10:13am
Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

This verse explains that Allah has given books to the messengers, and Muslims must believe in the books before the Quran that these books are coming from Allah. But it does not mean Muslims should follow religious rituals performed by them because Muslims own Quran and Islamic Shari'a to perform ritual worship.

You said:
------------------------------------
How shall you arrive at truth without fully obeying God? God never told us to look at the Veda or the Tripitaka.
Now and forever, I only believe in the Quran and not the other books.
Yes, God never told us to look at the Veda or the Tripitaka. I read these books because I was so want to find the real truth which one is right ?
And my choice is Quran.

Regards,
Asep
I never said you have to obey rituals of any sought. I don't follow ritual; I have relationship with my God through Christ.
You didn't address the point I was trying to make. You said you read these books so you can find the real truth. So why aren't you reading and searching the gospel Scriptures when you know in them Jesus said, "I am the Truth...?" Besides even Allah said he sent the gospel for guidance and light.

If "Now and forever, (you) only believe in the Quran and not the other books." Why are your searching for real truth, and since you looked at other books to find real truth, why didn't search the gospel first and foremost next to the Quran? Simple question

Edited by Saved - 29 November 2016 at 10:33am
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2016 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Saved Saved wrote:

This verse explains that Allah has given books to the messengers, and Muslims must believe in the books before the Quran that these books are coming from Allah. But it does not mean Muslims should follow religious rituals performed by them because Muslims own Quran and Islamic Shari'a to perform ritual worship.

You said:
How shall you arrive at truth without fully obeying God? God never told us to look at the Veda or the Tripitaka.
Yes, God never told us to look at the Veda or the Tripitaka. I read these books because I was so want to find the real truth which one is right ?
And my choice is Quran.

Regards,
Asep
I never said you have to obey rituals of any sought. I don't follow ritual; I have relationship with my God through Christ.
You didn't address the point I was trying to make. You said you read these books so you can find the real truth. So why aren't you reading and searching the gospel Scriptures when you know in them Jesus said, "I am the Truth...?" Besides even Allah said he sent the gospel for guidance and light.

If "Now and forever, (you) only believe in the Quran and not the other books." Why are your searching for real truth, and since you looked at other books to find real truth, why didn't search the gospel first and foremost next to the Quran? Simple question

Dear Saved,

I say just believe in the Quran after I read a lot of religious books, and after that my only choice is Quran. Hopefully I can find the Gospel first, and according to the news, now has been found in Turkey a Gospel of approximately 1,500 years old, and was written in Aramaic (the language used by Jesus).

Regards,
Asep
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2016 at 11:01pm

Originally posted by Saved Saved wrote:

You said:
And my choice is Quran.

Regards,
Asep

Dear Saved,

I say just believe in the Quran after I read a lot of religious books, and after that my only choice is Quran. Hopefully I can find the Gospel first, and according to the news, now has been found in Turkey a Gospel of approximately 1,500 years old, and was written in Aramaic (the language used by Jesus).

Regards,
Asep
That gospel in Aramaic would be interesting to read. Why do you feel you have no choice or its your only choice when it comes to the Quran?

Edited by Saved - 11 December 2016 at 11:03pm
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2016 at 3:21pm
Dear Saved,

I select the Quran because the others books only derived for the people of each Prophets, whereas the Quran to all mankind.

Quran 3:138
�This is (the Quran) a plain explanation for all mankind, and a guidance and an admonition for those who fear Allah (Muttaqiin).�

Quran 68:52
�In fact, the Quran it is nothing but a warning for all of nature.�

Moreover, in the Quran there is Allah's promise about maintaining the purity of His words.
Quran 15:9 :�Verily, We who are lowering the Quran, and We also preserve it.�

Regards,
Asep
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2016 at 7:22pm

Dear Saved,

I select the Quran because the others books only derived for the people of each Prophets, whereas the Quran to all mankind.

Quran 3:138
�This is (the Quran) a plain explanation for all mankind, and a guidance and an admonition for those who fear Allah (Muttaqiin).�

Quran 68:52
�In fact, the Quran it is nothing but a warning for all of nature.�

Moreover, in the Quran there is Allah's promise about maintaining the purity of His words.
Quran 15:9 :�Verily, We who are lowering the Quran, and We also preserve it.�

Regards,
Asep
I guess we are all slaves to our beliefs. I was Catholic, but God set me free from the deception and corruption of religion. Now, I know a relationship with God through Christ Jesus who lives today and is ever making intercession for us that believe
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2017 at 3:51pm
Dear Saved,

I am glad if God set you free from the deception and corruption of religion.

Regards,
Asep
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2017 at 7:21am

Dear Saved,

I am glad if God set you free from the deception and corruption of religion.

Regards,
Asep
Thank you. Muslims tell me that Jesus received a gospel that got corrupted in time. of course they don't have proof for this. The truth is there is no evidence that Jesus received a gospel anywhere in history before Islam. The only source for this info is what Muslims believe. That is not evidence. People believe all sorts of things. The Quran is not proof Jesus received a gospel either, because it is an isolated source like the Book of Mormon and its prophet author Joseph Smith.

Do you really think it makes sense for Allah to preserve the last revelation but not the first revelation that's needed to support it; then, all I can say is "Good luck to you?" How do you know it was Gabriel that acted as Allah's messenger? Didn't you know that Satan and his demons can appear as angels of light to deceive? Even Muhammad doubted his revelation; it was his wife that convinced him he was a prophet. Didn't Allah tell Muhammad to ask the "People of the Book" regarding any doubts about his prophet hood?

Didn't Eve beguile Adam. Satan is always up to his old tricks and people still fall for it, because they don't know Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. A question for you, why do you call Muhammad a messenger when the messenger was Gabriel if he was really Gabriel? All Muhammad did was recited what the messenger said. Prophets have always heard from God directly. We are told not to trust angels that go against the previous Scripture. How do you do it, I know how Muhammad did it; he listened to his wife? I question Mormons in the same way, but like you, they remain convinced they are on the right and straight path.

Don't you find it a discrepancy that the Quran was suppose to confirm the Scripture that came before, but instead it usurps them and contradicts them? Don't you think something is terrible wrong here?

I cannot just follow a religion without thinking about it or thinking it through first, and then if it makes sense to me, I pray about it, because what makes sense to me is not always something that can be trusted. Do you believe everything and anything that makes sense to you? To be honest with you, it doesn't even come close to making sense to me to even bother praying about it. I would even pray about what doesn't make sense to me only if it were in the Scriptures that came before, but not for contradictory scripture that come after the fact.

The Scriptures state that we should not lean to our own understanding for that is the way to death. True Biblical Christians such as myself are the people of the Book. We are monotheistic believers. We say God is one and Jesus is His Word. We don't associate a prophet with God directly unless that prophet is the Word of God Himself that God Himself used to create all things seen and not seen...

If you know Jesus, you know life; no Jesus, no life; that is the gospel (good news) to those that believe this. Thank God for the gift of Jesus. thank you and Happy New Year to you and yours 2017.

PBUY,
Saved

Edited by Saved - 02 January 2017 at 7:22am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic