IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Works VS Faith  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Works VS Faith

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Works VS Faith
    Posted: 22 October 2016 at 8:59pm
Do Muslims believe that they have to earn paradise by good deeds?
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2016 at 12:38pm
Yes of course,

Doing good to God
Doing good to fellow human beings
Doing good to the natural surroundings

Regards,
Asep
2Acts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Acts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2016 at 3:22pm
how will you know if you have ever done enough to make it?
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2016 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

Yes of course,

You are saying a person can earn paradise; if that is the case, why do we need God?

According to the Scripture Allah sent before the Quran he states that salvation is a gift from God and cannot be earned or worked for, but there is a condition. That is to believe Jesus is who he and God claims Him to be.
I do.
PBUY
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2016 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Saved Saved wrote:

Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

Yes of course,

You are saying a person can earn paradise; if that is the case, why do we need God?

According to the Scripture Allah sent before the Quran he states that salvation is a gift from God and cannot be earned or worked for, but there is a condition. That is to believe Jesus is who he and God claims Him to be.
I do.
PBUY

False and that statement you made is a lie.New International Version
Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?'
New International Version
Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'
Matthew 7:23

DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2016 at 8:47am
Matthew 7:21
�Not everyone who says to me, �Lord, Lord,� will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2016 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

Matthew 7:21
�Not everyone who says to me, �Lord, Lord,� will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Not everyone who calls Him Lord will enter, but some will. IOW, calling him lord is not what the problem is. The problem is to not believe on whom God sent. Outside of Christ there is no salvation according to the gospel. It is written, that without the shedding of blood (Christ's blood)there is no remission for sin.

Edited by Saved - 26 October 2016 at 12:30pm
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2016 at 2:39pm
Dear 2Acts & Saved,

I'm just trying to keep Allah's commandments in the Quran, and who can judge what I've done is just Allah.

Allah created humans and jinn/genie is to worship Him, therefore, we need His forgiveness and compassion. Allah says that whoever the person who runs His commands, then he/she will go to heaven, and if otherwise, then he/she will go to hell.
On that basis, someone who wants to go to heaven, firstly, he/she must do Allah's commands, humans can not live as he pleases without the testimony of Allah, and I think all religions have the rules of God to be done by humans.

Regards,
Asep
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic