IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Heaven or Hell  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Heaven or Hell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heaven or Hell
    Posted: 22 October 2016 at 7:40pm
Hi group:
I am AL... I am hoping to get in comparative religious discussions between Christianity and Islam. BTW, to tell you a little about me - I believe I am saved now and forever by the blood of Jesus. That is what I put all my faith in resulting in good deeds in this life. As for the blood of Christ (Lamb of God), just like Moses had the children of Israel put the blood of the lamb on their door posts during the Passover opportunity. As a result, death Passed over the people that were under the blood covering during Passover. To be honest, I don't think I could do enough good to merit salvation; anyone who believes they can earn paradise, they will be greatly disappointed, IMHO.

Edited by Saved - 22 October 2016 at 8:02pm
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2016 at 12:05pm
Dear Saved, peace be with you.

In Islam, the people who can earn paradise are those who run all the commandments of Allah (the Lord) and stay away from all that is forbidden by Allah (in other words "Taqwa"), and not because of other things, like the blood of the lamb, etc.

Regards,
Asep
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2016 at 8:17am
Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

Dear Saved, peace be with you.

In Islam, the people who can earn paradise are those who run all the commandments of Allah (the Lord) and stay away from all that is forbidden by Allah (in other words "Taqwa"), and not because of other things, like the blood of the lamb, etc.

Regards,
Asep
I see. Can you tell me who in Islam (Muslims) have kept all the commandments and stayed away from all that Allah is against or forbids?

The only person that has ever done that Is Jesus. His virgin birth proves he hasn't been contaminated by the sin of man. He offered me a right standing with God through Him.
You might say that all people are born Muslim and some revert, but the prophet David in the OT Bible states that "In sin did my mother conceive me I was surely sinful at birth"
Based on David's testimony and the message from the gospel, I understand that we are not born submitting to Allah (Muslim).

I would like to ask you a question. Is everything Allah does logically explained? That includes all things He's done and does such as creation and so on.

PBUY

Edited by Saved - 26 October 2016 at 8:18am
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2016 at 8:25am
Hi AL.

The "blood of Jesus" is a metaphor for grace. Animal blood was a purification ritual in old Hebrew religion, but human blood has always been an corrupting impurity and human sacrifice is an abomination.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2016 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

Hi AL.

The "blood of Jesus" is a metaphor for grace. Animal blood was a purification ritual in old Hebrew religion, but human blood has always been an corrupting impurity and human sacrifice is an abomination.
Hi David: I never heard a Christians say that before. What is corrupting about Jesus being God's sacrifice and gift of salvation to us?
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2016 at 2:30pm
This is an introductory forum for new member announcements.

PM me to follow up. There is one topic set aside for interfaith conversations. Be respectful and avoid preaching or polemics.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2016 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

This is an introductory forum for new member announcements.

PM me to follow up. There is one topic set aside for interfaith conversations. Be respectful and avoid preaching or polemics.
Yes, of course, but I was just following up on your comment.
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2016 at 4:38pm
Dear Saved,

How can I know Muslims who run all the commands of Allah and distancing itself from the ban of Allah? I'm not God. Only Allah knows human behavior, including being whispered in the human heart. it's the same as you will not know anyone who is running the commands of your Lord.
Muslims believe that Isa (Jesus) was a messenger of Allah, regardless of whether he was born of a virgin or not, because for Allah nothing is impossible, He is able to make more of it like Adam who had no father and mother.

Regards,
Asep
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic