IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Heaven or Hell  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Heaven or Hell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2016 at 4:39pm
Dear David C,

Thank you for your response.

Regards,
Asep
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2016 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

Dear Saved,

How can I know Muslims who run all the commands of Allah and distancing itself from the ban of Allah? I'm not God. Only Allah knows human behavior, including being whispered in the human heart. it's the same as you will not know anyone who is running the commands of your Lord.
Muslims believe that Isa (Jesus) was a messenger of Allah, regardless of whether he was born of a virgin or not, because for Allah nothing is impossible, He is able to make more of it like Adam who had no father and mother.

Regards,
Asep
Dear Asep,

The gospel states that there is no temptation taken you but such as is common to man. If you ask yourself have you obeyed Allah's commands and always refrain from what he prohibits, you would have to answer honestly. If any Muslim or Christian answers they have, then they lied and sinned with their response. All we have to do is look at ourselves and know that our struggles for obedience is common to all people and that no one is right in their own strength.
The gospel states that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus.
As for Adam not having father or mother that is not true. Adam had God as his father (Jesus is the last Adam). Adam had no mother, because God had to have started human creation that way. That was obviously not the case with Jesus. The virgin birth of Jesus is recorded in the gospel first and that original source gives the reason for it. Any other source that talks of the virgin birth of Jesus got it from the gospel. The Quran mentions Jesus' virgin birth, but it doesn't give the reason for it. We find the reason from the true and original source of that Scripture.

Best regards,
Saved

Edited by Saved - 26 October 2016 at 8:04pm
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2016 at 2:33pm
Dear Saved,

I will answer honestly because I believe that Allah watched every what I stated and I did.
I am not a man who never made a mistake or sin, but at my age of almost 57 years, I'll make every effort to always carry out all His commandments and avoid what is forbidden. And keep in mind that not all Muslims are running all His commands, the quality of their faith is not the same.

In Islam that every human soul is essentially eternal life, and ruined is only the body, the wages of sin is not death but hell (if not repentance), because all humans will experience death, and the gift of eternal life is straight from Allah, not through Christ Jesus and even not through the prophet Muhammad.

Starting from the Prophet Adam to Prophet Muhammad, including the Prophet Isa (Jesus), they were the Messengers of Allah, and their task is to convey the religion of Tauhid (monotheism), that is to invite mankind to worship only to Allah. So in Islam that they aren't the son of God, as Allah says in the Quran 112:3.

That's a brief explanation of belief in Islam.

Regards,
Asep

Edited by asep48garut60 - 27 October 2016 at 4:25pm
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2016 at 8:42am

Dear Saved,

I will answer honestly because I believe that Allah watched every what I stated and I did.
I am not a man who never made a mistake or sin, but at my age of almost 57 years, I'll make every effort to always carry out all His commandments and avoid what is forbidden. And keep in mind that not all Muslims are running all His commands, the quality of their faith is not the same.
This is fine. I can identify with this even as a Christian that I am. Moreover, I hope Muslims realize that not all people considered to be Christian are true to the faith nor do they understand it or know Jesus.

In Islam that every human soul is essentially eternal life, and ruined is only the body, the wages of sin is not death but hell (if not repentance), because all humans will experience death, and the gift of eternal life is straight from Allah, not through Christ Jesus and even not through the prophet Muhammad.
I agree with your first two sentences, but I beg to differ about it not being through Jesus. Yes, I disagree, because Allah said in the Scripture (Gospel) that came before the Quran which tells us in Jesus' own words. "No one comes to the Father (Allah) except through me." Your argument is not with me.

Starting from the Prophet Adam to Prophet Muhammad, including the Prophet Isa (Jesus), they were the Messengers of Allah, and their task is to convey the religion of Tauhid (monotheism), that is to invite mankind to worship only to Allah. So in Islam that they aren't the son of God, as Allah says in the Quran 112:3.

That's a brief explanation of belief in Islam.

Regards,
Asep
We don't believe Adam was a prophet, but Jesus on the other hand is more than a prophet; He is a word from Allah as stated in the Quran, and He is the Word of Allah according to the gospel Jn. 1
God called Jesus His "Beloved Son" and Jesus calls God His Father. I agree with you that God didn't sire Jesus, but Jesus comes from God. In Islam he is the verb Word "Be," and in the Gospel, He is the verb Word "I am." Just so we are clear here. Be and I am are the same verb!

Not all people will see the truth, but the person that does and chooses a lie to believe instead is a fool IMHO.

Peace

Edited by Saved - 28 October 2016 at 8:43am
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2016 at 2:36pm
Dear Saved,

I know Jesus (Isa) that he is not a son of God is from the Quran.

"No one comes to the Father (God) except through me."
What Jesus said is applicable to all ethnic groups?, and for all mankind until the end of time?
I have an answer in the Gospel itself.

Yes, in Islam Adam was a prophet, but not a son of God, and yes, Jesus is more than a prophet, because in addition to be a prophet he was also as the Apostle of Allah like Noah, Abraham, Moses, Muhammad and others. They received revelation from Allah, besides for themselves but also to be delivered to their people.
Yes, I agree that Jesus came from Allah, and every human being from Adam to the last human born into the world is also coming from Allah.
In Islam, the definition of the word "Be" is; when Allah wants something to be, then He simply say "Be" then so be it.

"Not all people will see the truth, but the person that does and chooses a lie to believe instead is a fool IMHO."
Yes, I agree with you, and it will be proven when a person gets guidance from Allah or when the angel of death comes near someone's death.

Regards,
Asep

Edited by asep48garut60 - 28 October 2016 at 2:38pm
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2016 at 7:36pm

Dear Saved,

I know Jesus (Isa) that he is not a son of God is from the Quran.

"No one comes to the Father (God) except through me."
What Jesus said is applicable to all ethnic groups?, and for all mankind until the end of time?
I have an answer in the Gospel itself.

Yes, in Islam Adam was a prophet, but not a son of God, and yes, Jesus is more than a prophet, because in addition to be a prophet he was also as the Apostle of Allah like Noah, Abraham, Moses, Muhammad and others. They received revelation from Allah, besides for themselves but also to be delivered to their people.
Yes, I agree that Jesus came from Allah, and every human being from Adam to the last human born into the world is also coming from Allah.
In Islam, the definition of the word "Be" is; when Allah wants something to be, then He simply say "Be" then so be it.

"Not all people will see the truth, but the person that does and chooses a lie to believe instead is a fool IMHO."
Yes, I agree with you, and it will be proven when a person gets guidance from Allah or when the angel of death comes near someone's death.

Regards,
Asep
Now, I said I agree with your first two sentences I meant I agree that is what Islam believes.. Moreover, I know Adam is a prophet according to Islam, but not according to Christianity. Which is logical to understand since he never spoke the word of God to anyone; besides, who was he to be a prophet to?

I said Jesus to Christians is way more than a prophet or apostle, because like Islam shows Jesus to have created life, the Bible states that all things were made by Christ, through Him and for Him. That means Jesus not only gave life to a piece of matter in the Quran (only God can create and only shares creation power with and for His Word); in fact, the gospel shows he was creator of all things that means all angels and prophet messengers.

This makes sense to me when we consider Jesus is the Word of God. He is not only the word of Allah in Islam he is also the Word of God in Christianity. It is clear that Jesus is the Word "BE" Allah speaks and all things Allah wills comes into being. Jesus said, "Before Abraham was I am." The Jews wanted to kill Jesus for saying that. I am and Be are the same verb.
This is really deep hidden truths waiting to be discovered by many of people.

PBUY
Al

creating life which is only something God can do

Edited by Saved - 29 October 2016 at 7:43pm
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2016 at 10:38pm
Dear Saved,

In Islam, the Prophets or Apostles mean humans chosen by Allah to receive His revelation and will re-informing to the humans about something that are very beneficial. Adam received revelation since he was in heaven until he was lowered into the earth, and he became a Prophet for his posterity or humans around him.

So that nothing is wrong perception of Jesus, I'd like to ask you, is Yesus God? because in Islam that Jesus is a Prophet, he is the son of Maria, so he is a human child, and it doesn't correspond to what you said "Because like Islam shows Jesus to have created life,". Islam doesn't say like that.
In Islam, only Allah who creates life, including who created the Prophet Isa (Jesus). So he (Jesus) can't create angels, humans etc.

Also in Islam that the Prophet Isa (Jesus) is not the word of God, but he is God's creation in a human form.
If you say "It is clear that Jesus is the Word" BE "God speaks and all things God wills comes into being." Does this mean that you consider Jesus is God?

�creating life which is only something God can do�
Yes, for this one I am agree.

Regards,
Asep
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2016 at 12:34pm

Dear Saved,

How can I know Muslims who run all the commands of Allah and distancing itself from the ban of Allah? I'm not God. Only Allah knows human behavior, including being whispered in the human heart. it's the same as you will not know anyone who is running the commands of your Lord.
Muslims believe that Isa (Jesus) was a messenger of Allah, regardless of whether he was born of a virgin or not, because for Allah nothing is impossible, He is able to make more of it like Adam who had no father and mother.

Regards,
Asep
This is an introduction setting so we better carry the discussion somewhere else, but to address your comment, you are telling me that you can't know until death whether you'll be in heaven or hell. Since it is not possible for any Muslim to keep all the laws of Allah all the time as you state is necessary to earn paradise, Muslims appear to be insecure and with good reason IMHO.

Edited by Saved - 30 October 2016 at 12:36pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic