IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - PM from a Christian member  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPM from a Christian member

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: PM from a Christian member
    Posted: 03 April 2005 at 1:23pm

gibson22690 has sent me the following PM just now.

Quote hey i'm a christian in connecticut who, for my church, is attending a bible study about understanding other religions.  We all chose a religion to interview some one from and me, not knowing someone islam was wondering if you would answer  a few questions for me.  If you don't want to answer them all skip several but i would be a big help if u answered as many as you can. thank you.

How long have you been practicing Islam?

Were you born Islamic or did you convert?

if you converted why?

and if you were born into an islamic family what made that faith real to you?

What is the most important aspect of Islam?

how does your religoius life help you daily?

Do you feel comforted by your religon?

What does your religion believe about Jesus christ?

I have been practicing Islam since my teens. I did not convert � but some Muslim parents within 57 Muslim states allow their kids to study other religion than Islam � which you will not find in case of Jews and Christian for the fear that their kids may find the truth � Islam.

There is no single �important aspect of Islam�. Various Islamic fundamentals attract different people for different reasons. Some of these could be � the Oneness of Allah (God); one family (Ummah) regardless of color, ethnic and nationality; tolerance towards other religions and respect for their founders; human rights; dignity of female gender; family life; laws against usury (interest), and so on.

Of course I feel comfort in Islam � but that question would be best answered by a western scholar, (Hamza Yusuf, Dr. Hakim, Dr. Lang, Liz. Marcus, etc.), who has converted to Islam through his/her own free will.

What Muslim believe about Jess? Let me put it this way � more human and dignified than what the Jews and Christians think about him.

Peace.

Know your enemy!
No time to waste. Act now!
Tomorrow it will be too late
What You Don�t Know Can Kill You

tawhid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2005 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Rehmat Rehmat wrote:

gibson22690 has sent me the following PM just now.

Quote hey i'm a christian in connecticut who, for my church, is attending a bible study about understanding other religions.  We all chose a religion to interview some one from and me, not knowing someone islam was wondering if you would answer  a few questions for me.  If you don't want to answer them all skip several but i would be a big help if u answered as many as you can. thank you.

How long have you been practicing Islam?

Were you born Islamic or did you convert?

if you converted why?

and if you were born into an islamic family what made that faith real to you?

What is the most important aspect of Islam?

how does your religoius life help you daily?

Do you feel comforted by your religon?

What does your religion believe about Jesus christ?

I have been practicing Islam since my teens. I did not convert � but some Muslim parents within 57 Muslim states allow their kids to study other religion than Islam � which you will not find in case of Jews and Christian for the fear that their kids may find the truth � Islam.

There is no single �important aspect of Islam�. Various Islamic fundamentals attract different people for different reasons. Some of these could be � the Oneness of Allah (God); one family (Ummah) regardless of color, ethnic and nationality; tolerance towards other religions and respect for their founders; human rights; dignity of female gender; family life; laws against usury (interest), and so on.

Of course I feel comfort in Islam � but that question would be best answered by a western scholar, (Hamza Yusuf, Dr. Hakim, Dr. Lang, Liz. Marcus, etc.), who has converted to Islam through his/her own free will.

What Muslim believe about Jess? Let me put it this way � more human and dignified than what the Jews and Christians think about him.

Peace.

man...you are more bigotted than i thought...

here is a christian asking YOU  a muslim about you faith...

than in your answer to his open-minded (christian) inquieries about other faiths...you foolishly say "which you will not find in the case of jews and christian for fear that their kids may find the truth - islam"

you just contridicted yourself

this IS  a christian asking you...a biggoted muslim ABOUT other faiths...

man...i sure hope there are other muslims who will talk to your boy rehmat...he does more bashing than understanding of other tenets...and most of what he says is conjecture and hollow assumptions...

and more "dignified" is jess in islam than christianity?

my friend...you are embarrassing yourself....and your anger for us infedels are blinding your kindness to other faiths...

but than again....as your quran said...you are not suppose to be our friends...right?

sura 3:27  "let not believers make friends with infidels in preference to the faithful-he who does this has nothing to hope for in GOd (my emphasis added)

and also sura 3:118 "believers do not make any friends with anybody but your own believers"

while on the other hand...my lord the Christ... said "love your enemies"...

so if christ...your prophet...said to love your enemies...and your quran tells you not to be friends with unbelievers...which one is more "open" to others???????????

rehmat...you are fighting a loosing battle...and your anger and hostility is more aroused than your understanding of other faiths...please...seek guidence from more mature...loving, respectful muslims because i know MANY muslims that love me like a brother even though im an infedel

i came here to talk, stimulate inter-faigh dialogue and challange those who do not believe in the truths of the enjeels...but you are making this a cat fight with your conjecture...assumptions and outright hatred for other faiths except your own...i pray that allah's holy spirit will give you a damascus road experience...

in hard love, tawhid

Edited by tawhid
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2005 at 10:25pm

Rehmet, that was a private message and should have stayed private!, unless the person gave you permission to post in public.

excuse me!!

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2005 at 6:46am

Originally posted by tawhid[....man...you are more bigotted than i thought...[/Quote tawhid[....man...you are more bigotted than i thought...[/Quote wrote:

You mean - I am a good a bigot as a Jew could be?

Quote here is a christian asking YOU  a muslim about you faith.

You mean - I am a good a bigot as a Jew could be?

[Quote]here is a christian asking YOU  a muslim about you faith.

But, Rabbi why he/she has to hide from this open Forum? Is not that what Rev. Martin Luther blasted Jews for their 'deception'?

BTW - Why are you scared to admit if you wrote that? Don't worry I would not report it to Mossad.

Know your enemy!

Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2005 at 6:56am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Rehmet, that was a private message and should have stayed private!, unless the person gave you permission to post in public

That�s funny. First of all I did not asked someone to send me a PM, but when I receive something � Would not that become MINE? Well, that�s how the Canadian Law sees it. However, I don�t know what the law is in Zionist Controlled Government (ZOG) in Sydney.

Quote excuse me!!

[Note: Any comment that slanders a prophet or a holy scripture, or a religion is not acceptable. Please be careful in your responses]

Edited by Nausheen
Know your enemy!

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2005 at 8:07am
Originally posted by Rehmat Rehmat wrote:

Rehmet, that was a private message and should have stayed private!, unless the person gave you permission to post in public

That�s funny. First of all I did not asked someone to send me a PM, but when I receive something � Would not that become MINE? Well, that�s how the Canadian Law sees it.

I wonder how much of the law you understand.

It's got nothing to do with if you asked or not, that is not the fact or the principle!

The principle is that if one speaks to you in private and/or on a private matter you keep it private, not splash it on the notice board for all to see.

Remind me not to privately talk with you!  

Is that what you do when someone talks privately to you ?  You share it with the public ? On the account you think its yours? yes in a way it is yours but only for you no one else, but it does not mean its for the public always.

If you recieve something, a gift, (and normally you don't ask for it  ) of course it is yours, so are you going to share with the public your gift? I suppose you will

Rehmet, tell me what does a private message (PM) mean to you ?

Quote However, I don�t know what the law is in Zionist Controlled Government (ZOG) in Sydney.

lol! silly nonsense.

And that gives you the right to be undignified towards a Prophet that you suppose to admire and respect ? Is that the way a muslim behaves?

Sorry you get two thumbs down  

Edited by Nausheen
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2005 at 11:06am

...Remind me not to privately talk with you!

Can I depend on your 'word' - even though Rev. Martin Luther warned Christians and Muslims in believing certain people.

Know your enemy!

rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2005 at 6:58pm

Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

Rehmat and Tawhid I suggest both of you tone down you comments,

I am Locking this thread as no productive discussion is taking place only slander and goading from both parties involved.

Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic