IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - i believe Quran and Bible  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

i believe Quran and Bible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2016 at 11:45pm
Dear 786SalamKhan,
I really understand your points, all right I'll explain it in more detail:
All Muslims are commanded by God to believe in the messengers before Prophet Muhammad, including Moses, David and Jesus (as mentioned in His Word).
Likewise, faithful to their books, books that I mean here the books when they were still alive (as mentioned in His Word), not the books now.
----------------------------------
If you were to thoroughly delve into my comment, you would realise that the Bible and the Quran cannot both be true. You are saying that before Islam, Christianity was true and God was the Holy Trinity, but now that Islam is here, Islam is true and God is the Tawhid;
---------------------------------
I've realized that the Bible and the Quran are not the same (The Holy Trinity and Tawhid), but I personally say that there's a Book that's still guaranteed its truth, ie the Quran (as mentioned in His Word), this means that I do not believe in the Bible now, and I just believe in the books at the time His messengers were still alive.
----------------------------
you present God as some sort of schizophrenic. Why not then join the Bahai or the Ahmadiyyah faith, do you see what my point is?
-------------------------
I am not presenting God as a kind of schizophrenia, I do not have the slightest inkling as you said.
God will never make mistakes, but God has an "Iradah" (will of God), and His will is absolute, anyone can not resist His will, in the Quran there are examples of His words.
---------------------------
Why not then join the Bahai or the Ahmadiyyah faith, do you see what my point is?
-----------------------
I'm not going to join the Baha'i or the Ahmadiyyah faith, but I will join with Muslims that are still faithfully practice their religion as commanded by Allah (in Quran) and the Prophet Muhammad.

Regards,
Asep
786SalamKhan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 786SalamKhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2016 at 6:44am
Dear Asep,

I know what Muslims believe, you don't have to explain, as I used to be one (you can check my past posts on this forum). It has no bearing on my point whatsoever. You must delve into that post of mine thoroughly, as your reply indicates that you really didn't.

I will address your reply anyway:

You are implying that the books of the "past messengers", were either lost or corrupted.

Would you believe me if I or anyone else were to claim that the Quran was lost or corrupted? No, you would not. You would ask me to prove such a claim, or declare me a liar.

The "people of the book" claim to still have those books which you implied to be either lost or corrupted, which would be an incredibly serious claim to make, not something you can claim lightly and hope no one will question you.

What you must do is prove with irrefutable evidence; when, where, why and how these books were either lost or corrupted.

Edited by 786SalamKhan - 08 October 2016 at 6:45am
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2016 at 4:12pm
Dear 786SalamKhan,

-------------------------------
What you must do is prove with irrefutable evidence; when, where, why and how these books were either lost or corrupted.
Sorry, do you mean that I have to prove with irrefutable evidence for all the books or just the Quran?
I can only prove that the Quran is true and still maintained its authenticity, while on the other books I only have a little knowledge of it.

Then I am curious to ask you why you said "If you were to thoroughly Delve into my comment, you would Realise that the Bible and the Koran can not both be true." Can you explain to me if the Quran is not correct? Thanks.

Regards,
Asep
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 786SalamKhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2016 at 4:19am
Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

Dear 786SalamKhan,

Sorry, do you mean that I have to prove with irrefutable evidence for all the books or just the Quran?
I can only prove that the Quran is true and still maintained its authenticity, while on the other books I only have a little knowledge of it.

Then I am curious to ask you why you said "If you were to thoroughly Delve into my comment, you would Realise that the Bible and the Koran can not both be true." Can you explain to me if the Quran is not correct? Thanks.

Regards,
Asep

It seems you are still refusing to delve into my first post. Should I bother carrying on this conversation?

There are irreconcilable differences between the Bible and the Quran; the Bible, does teach what Traditional Christians believe, as my first post covers. The Bible is either true, or the Quran is true, both cannot be true at the same time. If the Bible is true, then anything contrary to the truth is by that very fact, false.

Muslims know this, and this is why they resort to claiming that the Bible is corrupted. Again, an incredible claim to make; they must prove with irrefutable evidence, when, where, how and why the Bible got corrupted. And even if they somehow manage to do so, the records of the "people of the book" being corrupted creates problems for the claim of Muhammad's prophethood being a continuation of the Abrahamic tradition.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2016 at 5:42pm
Dear 786SalamKhan,

I just highlights and to answer your opinion and question related to the Muslim faith, including:

-----------------------------------
If you believe the Bible, you must keep in mind, you would not pick up a Quran, and interpret it however way you want.

You present God as some sort of schizophrenic. Why not then join the Bahai or the Ahmadiyyah faith, do you see what my point is?
-----------------------------------

Is there something wrong about my responses to these points ?

In addition, I would like to response your question and ask you a question as follows:
------------------------
This question is for Muslims, coming from myself as a lapsed Muslim:
What does the claim that Jesus Christ Himself founded the Catholic Church, and gave Her divine authority to teach, mean to you?
----------------------------
1. I can't explain your question about "What does the claim that Jesus Christ Himself founded the Catholic Church, and the Gave Her divine authority to teach, mean to you?", Because I do not follow all non-muslim worship.
2. If you are a lapsed Muslim, do you believe in the Quran ?

Thank you.

Regards,
Asep

Edited by asep48garut60 - 09 October 2016 at 6:09pm
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 786SalamKhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2016 at 1:10am
Dear Asep,

This is the first post of mine which I was referring to, read it, along with the hyperlinks attached, remember to click on the underlined:

Originally posted by 786SalamKhan 786SalamKhan wrote:

If you believe the Bible, you must keep in mind, you would not pick up a Quran, and interpret it however way you want.

There are many books in the Bible, the books of the New Testament were written by some of the Apostles of Christ; the Twelve, and the Seventy. These men either directly knew and were chosen by Christ Himself to spread the Gospel and Baptise in the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, or, they directly knew the aforementioned men and also had authority to do what they did.

Obviously, the authors of the New Testament, knew what they were writing about, it is not up to someone two thousand years later to believe their own, differing interpretation holds more authority. The authors of the New Testament, and the rest of the Apostles, passed on their knowledge to whoever they deemed worthy to succeed them. This is known as Sacred Tradition and Apostolic Succession, equivalent to the Hadith and Sunnah in Islam. These Traditions in turn, are recorded in writing by the Church Fathers, the earliest of whom would be equivalent to the Salaf in Islam.

If you truly accept the Bible, it is now up to you to find the true Church that upholds the Traditions passed down by the Apostles of Christ.

As a lapsed Muslim, I currently am not convinced by the Quran.

Edited by 786SalamKhan - 10 October 2016 at 2:11pm
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2016 at 4:56am
Originally posted by 786SalamKhan 786SalamKhan wrote:

Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

Dear 786SalamKhan,

Regards,
Asep

It seems you are still refusing to delve into my first post. Should I bother carrying on this conversation?

There are irreconcilable differences between the Bible and the Quran; the Bible, does teach what Traditional Christians believe, as my first post covers. The Bible is either true, or the Quran is true, both cannot be true at the same time. If the Bible is true, then anything contrary to the truth is by that very fact, false.

Muslims know this, and this is why they resort to claiming that the Bible is corrupted. Again, an incredible claim to make; they must prove with irrefutable evidence, when, where, how and why the Bible got corrupted. And even if they somehow manage to do so, the records of the "people of the book" being corrupted creates problems for the claim of Muhammad's prophethood being a continuation of the Abrahamic tradition.

From my external, athiest and experienced with people ripping me off the claim that any such holy book is not corrupted is the hard part to accept.

Can you show that any book has any more credibility than the others which we agree are wrong?

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2016 at 5:15pm
Dear 786SalamKhan,

Well if so, thank you.
I hope that someday you will be returned to believe in the Quran.

Regards,
Asep
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
  Share Topic