IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - i believe Quran and Bible  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

i believe Quran and Bible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muslim153 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i believe Quran and Bible
    Posted: 03 September 2016 at 10:52am
Hi please chat with me. I believe in the Quran and also the Bible. I believe Jesus was not God, but as Jesus said in John 8 "there are 2 witnesses, him and The Father." I believe the one called "The Father" is the God of the Quran. It's the same God.
I'd really like to talk to Muslims, or anyone haha.
In America people really don't believe in the Quran.
But THERE'S MORE SCIENCE AND MATH IN THE QURAN THAN IN THE BIBLE-i mean there's more proving the Quran came from God than evidence for the Bible.
I can't believe people grow old but still don't believe in the Quran. Pastors say the Quran is evil etc! That's evil that they say that, because they poison people's minds against the Quran.
People believe the Bible with NO evidence (they don't know the evidence) but they won't research the evidence of the Quran!! I think people who don't believe the Quran is true are spiritually dead.
ovibos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ovibos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2016 at 2:22am
Originally posted by muslim153 muslim153 wrote:

Hi please chat with me. I believe in the Quran and also the Bible. I believe Jesus was not God, but as Jesus said in John 8 "there are 2 witnesses, him and The Father." I believe the one called "The Father" is the God of the Quran. It's the same God.
I'd really like to talk to Muslims, or anyone haha.

Hello there muslim153

I'm a muslim from Indonesia, and I love to read both the Quran and the Bible, although I don't believe that all parts of the Bible are inspired from God. In other words, I believe that there are certain parts of the Bible that were not inspired.

Anyway, there's a verse in the Quran that explicitly command the muslim to believe in the Scripture that God send down before the Quran, which I presume it as the Book of Moses (not to be confused with the Torah).
The verse that I'm talking about is in surah An Nisa 4:136
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2016 at 9:58pm
Assalaamu�alaikum, dear brother Muslim153,

Yes, I agree with you, I also strongly believe in the Quran and also believed in some parts of the Bible but not as a whole (same with brother Ovibos opinion), because Allah SWT has told me in the Quran QS 4:46 and QS 5:13.

The contents of Quran are complete and perfect (QS 6: 114), one of them is able to inspire the development of science of mankind, among others:
Evolutionary theory holds that the universe begins with a big explosion (Big Bang), this theory emerged after the 16th century, and the Quran had informed mankind earlier in QS 21:30, because the Quran was revealed around the 6th century.
Another theory, as the theory of Newton's Law of Gravity in 1642, whereas about 10 centuries before the Quran has informed in QS 36:38.
Now mankind have found that there is magma in the deep of the earth, and the Quran had informed in QS 52: 6, and about other science.
By the examples given above, it is sufficient to prove to all people that the Qur'an is true, as well as the greatest miracle sent down by Allah SWT.
As for some people who don't believe in the Quran, it's a sunnatullah as mentioned in QS 10: 99.100.
Then there are those who insult the Quran or say nasty or whatever they say, it already has the answer in QS 74: 24-26 and QS 61: 8, and now the facts prove that Muslims had spread throughout the world, as well as to prove that the Quran is true and as the greatest miracle that does not exist in other books.
Let us together to preach about the truth of the teachings of Islam in accordance with the words of Allah SWT in QS 16: 125-128.

Wassalaamu�alaikum.
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2016 at 6:35am
The books of the Bible and the Qur'an are not comparable. The Bible is more like hadith than it is like the Qu'ran.

Again, the only candidate I can think of for An Nisa 4:136 would be the tablets with the ten commandments spoken directly to Moses by God in Exodus 20. A distant second choice would be the book of proverbs which the Israelites carried out of Egypt.

"The Book of Moses" is not a term used by Bible scholars. Exodus contains Moses' narrative, but he dies in it and he couldn't have written about his own death.

Edited by DavidC - 22 September 2016 at 6:51am
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2016 at 5:02pm
Dear David C, peace be with you !
Thank you for your short explanation, and I believe you've understood about the real mission of the contents of my writing is just to remind about the goodness in attitude towards others.

Regards.

786SalamKhan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 786SalamKhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2016 at 1:17pm
If you believe the Bible, you must keep in mind, you would not pick up a Quran, and interpret it however way you want.

There are many books in the Bible, the books of the New Testament were written by some of the Apostles of Christ; the Twelve, and the Seventy. These men either directly knew and were chosen by Christ Himself to spread the Gospel and Baptise in the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, or, they directly knew the aforementioned men and also had authority to do what they did.

Obviously, the authors of the New Testament, knew what they were writing about, it is not up to someone two thousand years later to believe their own, differing interpretation holds more authority. The authors of the New Testament, and the rest of the Apostles, passed on their knowledge to whoever they deemed worthy to succeed them. This is known as Sacred Tradition and Apostolic Succession, equivalent to the Hadith and Sunnah in Islam. These Traditions in turn, are recorded in writing by the Church Fathers, the earliest of whom would be equivalent to the Salaf in Islam.

If you truly accept the Bible, it is now up to you to find the true Church that upholds the Traditions passed down by the Apostles of Christ.

Edited by 786SalamKhan - 06 October 2016 at 1:23pm
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2016 at 1:03am
Dear 786SalamKhan,

I just ordered by Allah to believe in all books revealed to the Apostles when they were alive that these books actually came from Allah, even believing in the books before the Quran was revealed, it's included into the pillars of faith in Islamic law.
Quran 3: 3 and Quran 4: 163

Keep in mind that believing in the books before the Quran it doesn't mean that now I have to follow all of what is on the books before.

Book I believe and I always try to run all His commandments is the Quran, because in it there's the promise of Allah about preserve its authenticity, as His word in 15:9.
The verse gives a guarantee of purity and authenticity of His words forever.

Regards.
Asep
786SalamKhan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 786SalamKhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2016 at 1:26am
Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

Dear 786SalamKhan,

I just ordered by Allah to believe in all books revealed to the Apostles when they were alive that these books actually came from Allah, even believing in the books before the Quran was revealed, it's included into the pillars of faith in Islamic law.
Quran 3: 3 and Quran 4: 163

Keep in mind that believing in the books before the Quran it doesn't mean that now I have to follow all of what is on the books before.

Book I believe and I always try to run all His commandments is the Quran, because in it there's the promise of Allah about preserve its authenticity, as His word in 15:9.
The verse gives a guarantee of purity and authenticity of His words forever.

Regards.
Asep

If you were to thoroughly delve into my comment, you would realise that the Bible and the Quran cannot both be true. You are saying that before Islam, Christianity was true and God was the Holy Trinity, but now that Islam is here, Islam is true and God is the Tawhid; you present God as some sort of schizophrenic. Why not then join the Bahai or the Ahmadiyyah faith, do you see what my point is?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
  Share Topic