IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Killing in the name of  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Killing in the name of

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Killing in the name of
    Posted: 13 August 2016 at 2:15am

http://www.gspellchecker.com/2016/08/asad-shah-murder-the-disturbing-support-for-blasphemy-killing-in-a-british-court/

Let me spell out what is happening here. A particular group of people experience no fear, shame or reluctance sitting in a British court in 2016 and openly supporting the murder of an innocent man for �blasphemy�. These people do not arise from a vacuum. They are a product of deeply conservative Muslim communities.

Living in the modern world there will always be somebody who's views upset you.

Either you live with that or you go to war with the whole world. It is time for the Islamic society to grow up.

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2016 at 8:52am
A one sided essay written by a blogger who is clearly an Islamophobe. Furthermore, why should the action of one criminal become an indictment against an entire faith?
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2016 at 7:19am
Are you saying that there are no supporters of such actions in the Muslim community?

I have come across general support for the 9/11 hijackers in Muslim communities. I have had expressed the view to me that somebody insulting a Muslim's beliefs is deserving of retaliation.

Do you condem the actions of such people?

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2016 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

Are you saying that there are no supporters of such actions in the Muslim community?

I have come across general support for the 9/11 hijackers in Muslim communities. I have had expressed the view to me that somebody insulting a Muslim's beliefs is deserving of retaliation.

Recently?  Stern%20Smile

That is disturbing.  I was thinking we were beginning to move beyond such things. 

Edited by Caringheart - 15 August 2016 at 8:45pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2016 at 8:02am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

Recently?  Stern%20Smile

That is disturbing.  I was thinking we were beginning to move beyond such things. 

There has been an attempted kidnaping/murder of an Air force guy who was out jogging when a car pulled up and knife armed attackers tried to drag him into the car. He head butted one and ran off.

The attckers have yet to be found. They have photo fit pictures of them and a description of the car. One of them has a broken nose.

There must be people around them who recognise them from the descriptions. They have not been pointed out to the police by the community they must be living in. They must have a community of supporters.

syed_z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syed_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2016 at 10:01pm
I can quote a lot of articles and facts about people from other backgrounds and religions and how they distort meaning of their text and justify hatred and killing in the name of their religion. I can also find articles on individuals among other than Muslims who justify their actions.

That doesn't help. Pointing fingers have never helped.
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2016 at 7:18am
actually, "pointing fingers" sometimes, in fact, does help. what a ridiculous statement
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic