IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to protect family and house from sins?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to protect family and house from sins?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahmud200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to protect family and house from sins?
    Posted: 07 August 2016 at 11:08pm
Bismillah, Alhamdulillah , wasSalaatu wasSalaamu alaa Rasoolillah wa'ala alihi wasahabihi ajma'in amma ba'ad
A'oozubilla himinash Shaitaanir rajeem.
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem.

Assalaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa barkatuhoo.

How to protect a) self, b) family (parents, siblings, children, in-laws) , and c) house/office from sins?
Home can be apartment of tall buildings/hotels where people of diffferent religions and cultures live in different apartments.
So, the building can have all kinds of idols, talismans, Shirk, obscenity and other Haram products.

Both spiritual and practical solutions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Mahmud200 - 07 August 2016 at 11:22pm
syed_z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syed_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2016 at 9:12pm
Wa Alaikum Salaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wabarakatahu...Smile

I read the following from the Ihya Ulum Al Din Of Imam Ghazzali, inshA'Allah this will be helpful....

Two Satans once met each other. One of them was strong and healthy while the other was weak and feeble. The healthy Satan asked the feeble one, �Brother! Why are you so weak?� He replied, �I am (deputed) to be with such a pious person who recites (Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem - With the name of Allah The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful) before entering his house, eating and drinking anything; so I have to stay away from him but, my dear, you are very strong and healthy; what is the secret behind it?� The fat Satan replied, �I am appointed to be with such a heedless person who does not recite (Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem - With the name of Allah The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful) before entering his house and eating & drinking anything, so I take part in all of his activities and I keep riding him as one rides an animal (and this is the only secret of my good health).�

The Blessings of Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem (With the name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful). The best words we can teach our family members.

syed_z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syed_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2016 at 10:15pm
It is stated in �Kitāb-un-Naṣāiḥ� that the maid of the famous companion Sayyidunā Abū Dardā  once asked him, �Your Eminence! Tell me honestly; are you a human or a jinn?� He said 'I am a human.� The maid said, �But you do not seem to be a human being to me because I have been poisoning you for the past forty consecutive days but the poison has had no effect on you!� He. exclaimed, �Don�t you know that those making the Żikr of Allah in all types of circumstances cannot be harmed by anything?   I make the Żikr of Allah with Ism-e-A�ẓam. The maid asked, �What is the Ism-e-A�ẓam?� He replied (I always recite the following words before I eat or drink anything): ِ

Bismillahilazee La yadhurru ma'asmihi shaiyun fil ardhi wala fis sama'aaee wahuwa As Samiun Aleem

Translation: I begin with the name of Allah      with the blessings of whose name nothing from the earth and skies can cause any harm. He is the All-Hearing, All-Knowing.

The eminent companion then asked her as to why she poisoned him. She replied that she had done so because she had a grudge against him. Hearing this, he said, �I free you for the pleasure of Allah     , and forgive you for whatever you have done to me.�

I've read the above in Faizaan e Sunnat. Thought would be important to share the words recited by Abu Darda (r.a). We need to learn if we haven't already.
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2016 at 4:47am
Assalaamu'alaikum Warahmatullaahi Wabarakaatuhu,

As a Muslim, we must increase our faith to Allah that we always strive to execute all commands and stay away from all that is forbidden by Allah. We must provide religious education to our family as early as possible, so that they can abstain from any actions that would lead to sins.
Wherever we live, Allah will always be together with those who obey and believe in Allah, as in His word surah Al Mujadilah 58: 7

Are there kinds of idols, talismans, Shirk, obscenity and other Haram products in your home ?

If yes.., such objects should be kept away from the inside of your home, however, it will disturb your mind and your heart, and will not be pleasant to be seen by a muslim.
I recommend you to often read the Qur-an and shalat in your home, Insya Allah, you and your family will always get the grace and protection of Allah. Also please pray to Allah, and begun with reading Asmaul Husna (good names for Allah) as His word in surah Al A�Raaf 7:180 and surah Al Baqarah 2:186

here I want to share with you that I have some spiritual experiences beyond human ability, among others:
1. Alhamdulillah, I saved by Allah from interference of satan etc. such as black magic sent by someone (not a muslim) from a place far away enough from where I live, but in a few days later the person who sent the black magic came to me to apologize and he told me that the black magic had turned against himself, and he's now become a convert (muallaf). Allaahu Akbar...

It could happen maybe I often pray the same like what has been given by Mr. Syed Z in this forum, and in addition reading ta'awudz, I also read Surah Al-Israa 17:80 & 81 when the atmosphere around felt strange.

2. I've ever been living in a community where the surrounding peoples have a tradition like idolatry, talismans, drunk and do something else that is contrary to the rules of Allah, and when the nearby mountain erupted, Alhamdulillah, just my house that was not touched by the hot lava and rain of hot stones, my family survived while others were injured and died.

There are other wonders that have been given by Allah during my life journey up to now, for example: when I was praying qiyamul Lail (shalat tahajjud), at the time the situation became changed and I was in space for a few minutes. Subhaanallaah...

I am very grateful that everything happens to me is to improve my faith in Allah and prove that only Islam is the religion that can be accepted and blessed by Allah.

Therefore, don�t feel tired to invite your family to obey all the rules of Allah and do all the best things, best for Allah, best for us, and best for others. Insya Allah, we will be spared from sins.

�Verily Allah is always with those who are taqwa and those who are doing good� (An Nahl 16:128)

Hopefully this will be beneficial for you, Amiin

Wassalamu'alaikum Warahmatullaahi Wabarakaatuhu.

Asep

Mahmud200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahmud200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 12:05am
Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

Alhamdulillah, just my house that was not touched by the hot lava and rain of hot stones, my family survived while others were injured and died.

Bismillah.
Alhamdulillah , wasSalaatu wasSalaamu alaa Rasoolillah wa'ala alihi wasahabihi ajma'in amma ba'ad.

Assallamu Alaikum Brother asep48garut60,

If you don't mind asking, do you or or family recite any of these below inside the house? Some are from authentic sources and some from weak sources:
a) Sura Baqarah's 10 Ayat, or entire Sura
b) One of the long Duas of Hazrat Abu Darda (R) that prevents fire.
c) A lot of Salam among the family members , or on the Prophet (Peace be upon him)
d) After entering house, reciting Ayatul Kursi

Thanks in advance.
adeeliqbal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adeeliqbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2017 at 12:18am
Can someone please translate this Arabic Dua?
asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2018 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Mahmud200 Mahmud200 wrote:

Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

Alhamdulillah, just my house that was not touched by the hot lava and rain of hot stones, my family survived while others were injured and died.

Bismillah.
Alhamdulillah , wasSalaatu wasSalaamu alaa Rasoolillah wa'ala alihi wasahabihi ajma'in amma ba'ad.

Assallamu Alaikum Brother asep48garut60,

If you don't mind asking, do you or or family recite any of these below inside the house? Some are from authentic sources and some from weak sources:
a) Sura Baqarah's 10 Ayat, or entire Sura
b) One of the long Duas of Hazrat Abu Darda (R) that prevents fire.
c) A lot of Salam among the family members , or on the Prophet (Peace be upon him)
d) After entering house, reciting Ayatul Kursi

Thanks in advance.

Mahmud200,

Wa'alaikumussalam,

All the events we experienced were only Allah's will.

We do not always read everything you write (from a to d), it is read only occasionally except to say 'Assalamu'alaikum" when going and entering the house.

But in every time we always read : Subhanallah, Alhamdulillah, Allahu Akbar.

That's what we always read in every situation and condition. Then, what we always remind in the family include:

1. Do not leave shalat 5 times

2. Read the Qur'an daily and search for its meaning

3. Do good to all human beings.

4. Etc.

Asep Garut

asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2018 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by adeeliqbal adeeliqbal wrote:

Can someone please translate this Arabic Dua?

Adeeliqbal,

Praise be to Allah, salutation and greetings to the messenger of Allah (Prophet Muhammad), his family, his friends and all, then after that:

I take refuge in Allah from the cursed temptation of devil.

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Asep Garut

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic