IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I am muslim wanting to marry my hindu gir  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I am muslim wanting to marry my hindu gir

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lollol123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am muslim wanting to marry my hindu gir
    Posted: 25 July 2016 at 1:41am
I am 26 years old and a only child. My girlfriend wants to get married and is willing to convert and her parents are totally cool with it. I told my parents and they totally flipped out. They started crying saying that their "name" in the community will be destroyed and if I have kids, the kids will suffer and be confused on what religion they follow. They also said my girlfriend may say she will convert but the revert back to Hinduism. I believe she will follow my culture and is willing to convert for me. I don t want to hurt anyone or leave anyone unhappy but this my future we talking about..

How do I get my parents to accept this ? Give them time if so how long? I only told them a week ago. Or should I go ahead and move out with her and buy our own house ? We have the money to do so I just hate the fact my parents will be hurting when I am gone even though I will be unhappy if i stayed and married someone my parents pick..

I m so lost and sad..
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2016 at 8:44am
Often, that which doesn't begin correctly does not end well. Listen to your parents and come to terms with them about marriage prior to moving, or making your own decision without their approval, and blessing. Don't make the mistake of allowing your infatuation to create an estrangement between you and your parents.
akbarsultan View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akbarsultan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2016 at 3:29pm
hmmm, interesting.
my friend was in the same position
identical actually
the thing is, your parents are upset because of their name in society. Not because it goes against their principles. They are mad because you are going against the norm. But you aren't technically doing anything wrong.
Heres my advice, speak with them, calmly, and put your point across. respectfully.
Once a week, for about 6 months
they'll come around eventually
nothing wrong with that
but don't argue about it
dont disrespect them
see how it goes
newconvert789 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newconvert789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2017 at 12:27pm
Hello Brother..
I was in the same place as you were. I have married a girl who was Hindu who converted. My parents did not agree... Not trying to discourage you. I tried for many many months...i had long talks with my mother and i told her i loved her and i ever cried at the thought of losing her. She did not care. At that point i did get married to the girl she is now my wife. My parents still do not talk to her its been 5 years. I still keep in touch with my parents and visit them when i am in the cite ( i live in a different city due to work ). Noone really knows how they would react i always thought my mom would be ok with who ever i marry but that wasnt the case. I still want them to like my wife but it hasnt happened it. i would suggest for you to try and talk to them and reason with them hopefully it works out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic