IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - advice on divorce  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

advice on divorce

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @jameela1005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: advice on divorce
    Posted: 13 July 2016 at 8:57am
Asalaamu Alaikum.
I have been married in January 2008 and have a daughter from that marriage (she is 8 years old now.) In December 2010, I decided to leave my husband due to several reasons. Examples are- (1) he is overly jealous even of my female friends and (2) he physically hurt me on several occasions, among other reasons. Since then we lived separately (my daughter with me), and barely communicated,only on few instances that involve our daughter. Also, I don't receive any financial support whatsoever from him (and I am not demanding him to give us any).
I want to know whether I can petition for a divorce under Islamic Rights against my husband who is a Non-muslim. I myself am a new convert. Any response is highly appreciated.
Thank you very much.
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2016 at 7:49pm
Wa�alaikum salaam,

Dear Jameela1005, in Islam, divorce is not an unlawful act but is considered less good when it is done.
Sometimes divorce is the best step that must be done on the grounds if it's considered that the couple maintained will bring harm to each other.
For example: do dzalim by torture or does not give the right etc. while efforts have been made and suggestions are not helpful for them (husband and wife), and each of them could not find a way to improve the situation, such a case a wife is not wrong to ask divorce from her husband to save herself.
Try to include a third party that you think they are fair and wise persons (including your parents), then set up a meeting with your husband's parents to resolve problems being faced by the two of you in ways good.
Moreover, your marriage case is not good in Islam.
If you are really a Muslim, please read the Word of Allah in surah Al-Baqarah verse 221. It is Allah's revelation, not human opinion and also not of the Prophet Muhammad.
May Allah gives the best path for you. Ameen.

Wassalaam.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic