IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Looking for Muslim friends  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for Muslim friends

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StrawberryMilk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for Muslim friends
    Posted: 08 July 2016 at 10:54pm
As Salam Alaikum Sisters,

My name is Noori, I am 25 years old and born and raised in Canada.

I would like to start by giving some background information on myself. I am currently a University student 1/3 ways into my program. I live in a family of four mom, dad and little brother. I grew up a Muslim (I do not specify as a sect as I only follow the Quran and Sunnah, There is alot of discord on this topic but if I were to identify the I am a Sunni). I was raised in a family of Muslims dating way back to my ancestors so I can say with full confidence that I have a very well rounded Islamic background and my father is very learned and I learn so many new things from him everyday. Islam is journey and you cannot learn 100% of it of course but it is important to have a basic understanding of our deen.

The reason why I joined a forum is because and may Allah forgive me if I am being to harsh with my words, but there isn't a person I know let alone my family that I can sit and converse with about Islam in a satisfying manner...short to say there is not one person whom I have ties with that are really into or practice Islam appropriately I have met many hypocrites and liars and I am tired of it.

My goal is to find people (Sisters) who can just divulge in Islamic talk with me, people who can broaden the horizons and have a wealth of information they can share that will Inshallah be very beneficial. I've tried doing this in person but after research and reading through forums I found that people on line have so much more to offer, no offense.

I hope you read this and take an interest in a woman who has the desire to learn and grow Islamically.

Sorry for the long post.
Sadat110 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sadat110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2017 at 12:35pm
Assalamo Alaykum
Im From Iran
Nice to meet you.
charmsahead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charmsahead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2017 at 6:45pm
Assalamualikum,
    I would very much be interested in having a good discussion about Islam. Feel free to contact me via IM or through this forum. Welcome to the forum.

Jazakallah Khair
    Charms
Nazli View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nazli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2018 at 12:33pm
Assalamualikum my name is Nazli i am from South Africa i would also like to make friends with muslim sisters around the world as Islam is my passion. maybe we can create a watsapp group for sisters around the world, if anyone is interested please mail me at [email protected]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic