IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The modern-day ’House Slaves’  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The modern-day ’House Slaves’

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yusuf. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2005 at 12:24pm

Assalamu alaikum,

A good study of the phenomenon akhi Sheikh Shariff describes is:

Postmodernism and the Other: The New Imperialism of Western Culture, by Ziauddin Sardar. Pluto Press, 1998. 

Yusuf
fezziwig View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fezziwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2005 at 1:43pm
Rehmat,

Too many straw horses for this old bronc buster to ride down.

F

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2005 at 2:04pm
Rehmat so Arab countries are not at fault for bigotry and racism? please answer
Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2005 at 3:12pm

Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Rehmat so Arab countries are not at fault for bigotry and racism? please answer

No problem. I am here to teach the ignorants of their own history.

If the Arabs have been practicing bigotry and racism - Why you think they 'liberated' Jews in Spain (711 CE), and then in Palestine (1186 CE)?

And I would not mention 'skullcap' this time.

Know your enemy!
No time to waste. Act now!
Tomorrow it will be too late
What You Don�t Know Can Kill You

fezziwig View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fezziwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2005 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Rehmat Rehmat wrote:

For your �enlightenment� I suggest you buy one of these books:

1. �African Presence in Early America�, by Ivan Van Sertima
  2. �The New Internationalist History of the World�
  3. �Deeper Roots�, by Dr. Abdullah Hakim Quick.

Quick searches on Google suggest that these books are merely about blacks and muslims in the Americas before Colombus. Nothing about Native genocide.

As far your �link� is concerned � If I keep believing what the Zionists� (Mossad, CIA, etc.) propagandist throw on me � We would have found more WMDs in Iraq than they have in Israel � right?

Are you saying the HNN article is written by Mosad? And what does that have to do with WMDs and Iraq?

F

Yusuf. View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yusuf. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2005 at 7:00pm
fez, I followed that link and the page lists a blog by daniel pipes as one of its featured links. you yourself know what kind of reputation pipes has among muslims. what other reaction would you expect?
Yusuf
Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2005 at 7:18pm

Originally posted by fezziwig fezziwig wrote:

Quick searches on Google suggest that these books are merely about blacks and muslims in the Americas before Colombus. Nothing about Native genocide.

Do you know the definition of 'Native'? Based on this dumb logic - only the white and non-Muslims could be 'Natives'!

And what your Google said about'Deeper Roots'? Doesn't it mention in the first chapter the same figures I quoted in the first place?

Quote Are you saying the HNN article is written by Mosad? And what does that have to do with WMDs and Iraq?

Is the US court accept a proven liar as a genuine witness? It could be in Israel, but I am not sure about that.

Know your enemy!
No time to waste. Act now!
Tomorrow it will be too late
What You Don�t Know Can Kill You

fezziwig View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fezziwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2005 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Yusuf. Yusuf. wrote:

fez, I followed that link and the page lists a blog by daniel pipes as one of its featured links. you yourself know what kind of reputation pipes has among muslims. what other reaction would you expect?

Guilt by association, Yusuf? I expected better. The same website has links to Matt Yglesias, Juan Cole, Josh Marshall, etc., but maybe they're poison to muslims, too. You tell me. Pipes is a severe critic of muslims, just as the others are (often) severe critics of US policy, but all of them are articulate and informative and it's common in US websites to group disparate views together for contrast and fairness.

If Pipes is poison and every website that links to Pipes is poison and every website that links to them is poison, then pretty soon the whole internet is offlimits. Censorship doesn't work.

F

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic