IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Should She Marry Him?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Should She Marry Him?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should She Marry Him?
    Posted: 31 August 2016 at 10:24pm
Assalamu'alaikum,

Things like this are very difficult to put forward with certainty from the viewpoint of Islam, even other religions because we don't know the nature and their characteristics (your sister and her fiancee), it could have been one of them is right or wrong, or both are wrong because if both are true, there will be no such situation.

but it's no harm if you advise your sister to follow her obligations as a convert (muallaf) such as shalat/shalah five times a day and night etc. (please read Qur�an surah 2:153) and teach her to pray to Allah with the hope to get the best solution.

Word of the Prophet Muhammad s.a.w narrated by Imam Muslim:
"The closest relationship between a servant to his/her Lord is when he/she is being sujud (prostrating), then increase his/her du'a (pray) at that moment."

In addition, ask for advice to the people who are wise and shalih (righteous) surrounding you.
Hopefully will get the best solution.

Assalaamu�alaikum.
Asep
Areebha View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Areebha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2016 at 8:42am
Salaam

I�m in search of some advice from an Islamic stand point.

My sister has recently converted to Islam. She is currently considering cancelling her wedding to her Muslim Fiancee as there are warning signs that he may become controlling...for example, he told her she was talking too much during a family gathering, he don't want her to chat with her male co-workers and from time to time he dose not speak to her with respect. They are usually very happy for a few weeks and then a big fight and the cycle goes on and on.

They have gone to counselling and thing had seem great for a while but it is now a few weeks before the wedding and his old habits have surface again.

Additionally, they have been involved sexually prior to her conversion.

She has turned to me for advise from an Islamic Stand point and I don't know what to tell her....I want to tell her to marry him since they were sexually involved and she is getting old (30yrs) but then I don't want her to get into a marriage that is likely to end in failure.

From an Islamic stand point what would be the right thing to do?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic