IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Am I in the wrong here?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Am I in the wrong here?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raiders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Am I in the wrong here?
    Posted: 12 June 2016 at 2:51pm
I have been dating this girl I want to marry for the past 4 years. We are both believing muslims. So heres when the problem comes to play, every year I take a trip with my friends(all muslim guys) to like LA. We stay in my best freinds sisters house, who is married and has a kid and also are muslims. My girlfriend doesnt approve of it because I have never been on a trip with her, and also because there would be a woman in the house that I would be staying in. I havnt been on a trip with her because, ofcourse my parents woudnt approve, and you know how arab parents are. My parents are fine with me going with my friends. I tell her once we get our nikah done we will go wherever we want. But thats not good enough for her and she says if I go well be done. Am I wrong if I go or is she wrong for doing that? I look forward to your answers inshallah.
fais View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2016 at 7:09pm
Assalam Alaikum,

First of all, it is Haram to date a girl before marraige. and it is more haram if you go on a journey. a woman is not allowed to travel with a non mahram. So let her know this. IF she does not understand, then this could be an alarm from Allah to get rid of this relation.

My personal opinion is that there should be no threatening in a relationship.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic