IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - About apostasy  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

About apostasy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serversec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: About apostasy
    Posted: 09 June 2016 at 12:08am
Comments?
Brother-Kurd View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brother-Kurd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2016 at 3:09am
Speaking as a ex-atheist and from a logical, rational and reasonable point of view.

I was born a Muslim, turned in to an atheist and back to a Muslim.

To MY humble opinion, it does NOT make sense in any way that a person would leave Islam.

If somebody says he has left Islam, then he has NEVER understood Islam to begin with, which was also my case.

When i "left" Islam, all the Islam that i got from my family was the typical (cultural)Islam of "do this and do that". I want to KNOW why i must do this or do that. Simple threats do not work with me like, if you do not do this, you will go to hell.

Praise be to Allah, that i have become a Muslim again. My journey started when i started to investigate. Islam is NOT afraid of questions. Islam is not afraid of intellectual debates.

The problem is human heart. Some people indeed are honestly searching for it and other just have personal problems and they blame Islam.

People who have "left" Islam, when you want to have a DESCENT and respectful discussion, all that you see is their emotional problems with their family because of cultural habits. In no way do you hear ANYWHERE questions that are based on logic, rationality and reason.

With people of other faiths including atheism and agnosticism i have seen much of the dishonesty.

They CLAIM the go by logic, rationality and reason, but all that they go by is their WISHFUL thinking.

If you say apostasy and killing, sorry but Islam is clear there is no compulsion in religion. I would rather have somebody who says he has left Islam, then having a hypocrite among the Muslims.

I hope you have a better view on this matter, if not do please clarify a bit more.

Peace.
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2016 at 7:32pm
Assalaamu'alaikum wr.wb.,

I want to add and hopefully it will become an afterthought (tafakur) for all of us.

God is merciful and compassionate to His creatures, and no one in this world who never made a mistake, Prophet Muhammad said:

�all descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent and not make mistakes anymore.�

This hadith is related to the word of Allah in Surah At Tahriim 66: 8 and Al Furqaan 25:70

Allah will not forgive the sins of those who worship other than Allah (shirk), therefore, Allah ordering us not die except we are as muslims, as Allah says in Surah Al 'Imran 3:102

Just for us to know that all the prophets from Adam to Muhammad, they all are Muslims, they are equal in fundamental belief (aqidah) etc.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic