IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Syria; What outcome would you like?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Syria; What outcome would you like?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Syria; What outcome would you like?
    Posted: 05 June 2016 at 2:48am
One day the Syrian civil war will end. After the war there has to be a peace. Here is the question;

What do you want that peace to look like?

Do you want an Islamic state ISIS style with women being either whipped for showing an ancle or sold as a slave?

Or

Do you want a tolerant society with people free to do what the wish western style with gay parades and sex on beaches?

Or something else, please explain?

Edited by Tim the plumber - 05 June 2016 at 2:49am
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2016 at 8:14am
I believe the people of Syria are like most others who would reject your polar extremes and desire peace and security, a decent living wage, quality education for their children, and to practice the faith of their choice. Generally speaking people have much more in common than differences.
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2016 at 9:48am
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

I believe the people of Syria are like most others who would reject your polar extremes and desire peace and security, a decent living wage, quality education for their children, and to practice the faith of their choice. Generally speaking people have much more in common than differences.

Well yes, that bit is easy. So what sort of government and what sort of social controls do you see as being expected?

The 2 options I gave are kind of the only choices at the monet which might be why there is such a fuss.

If there was a more moderate path laid out clearly perhaps there could be peace.

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2016 at 8:02am
Tim there's such a fuss because rich and powerful nations are insisting upon regime change.
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2016 at 1:08am

Tim there's such a fuss because rich and powerful nations are insisting upon regime change.

So you would like to see Assad staying as the King of Syria?

My question is aimed at being more broad though. I would like to know what sort of arrangement for governance the Islamic world would actually like to see in place. I can see what the extremists want; rule by the most respected theologan (no actual mechanism for decieding who is the most respected..) and I can obviously understand what sort of pluralistic, tollerant society I like.  But what other options are there?

Edited by Tim the plumber - 11 June 2016 at 1:08am
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2016 at 5:35am
Tim there are extremists in every country, and I don't think must of us are asking what type of governance they want. Why should Muslim lands be any different? People want and desire civil society - worldwide, in my estimation. With respect to Assad, that is for the Syrian people to decide, but it was a monumental mistake to oppose him militarily.

Edited by abuayisha - 11 June 2016 at 5:36am
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2016 at 9:05am

Tim there are extremists in every country, and I don't think must of us are asking what type of governance they want. Why should Muslim lands be any different? People want and desire civil society - worldwide, in my estimation. With respect to Assad, that is for the Syrian people to decide, but it was a monumental mistake to oppose him militarily.

I am asking what you would like in an ideal world.

Here there are gay parades. There are strip clubs. I think it should be legal for prostitutes to opperate as they do in Germany. I want drugs legalised. I want schools to be religion free zones, and compulsory for all children.

That is different to the wishes of most Muslims. So what sort of society do you want? How much power do you want the Imans to have?

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2016 at 6:58am
...tolerant and pluralistic.

Edited by abuayisha - 12 June 2016 at 6:58am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic