IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - When we try to be scholars....  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

When we try to be scholars....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maryga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 5:59pm

Herjihad wrote: Ahmed, I appreciate your input to this forum.  Critical thinking destroyed is Islaam nullified.  There can be no submission to our Glorious, Merciful Lord as humans without the ability not to submit.  If people don't decide to follow Allah, SWT, what is the point in asking us to do so?

I agree. As Allah has said in the Qur'an that He has made it easy for us to understand, I read it and try to understand it with the faculties He has bestowed upon me.

In Australia we do not have much access to scholars and occasionally I have attended lectures by the so called "scholars" and have returned home disillusioned with their understanding. However, there is no doubt I have picked up some important information as well.

I am of the opinion that one needs to do a lot of self study before seeking advice from scholars as a lot of times you can be mislead. It is the same with many books written by so called scholars.

Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2006 at 11:36am

Wa Alaikum Salam

Mash Allah Sis Ummziba, great post.

It is very sad we feel we don't need research and input of the renowned scholars

Some don't even need the Sunnah, they feel the Qur'an is all that they need to study and follow.

May Allah keep us on the straight path Ameen

Wa Alaikum Salam

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
Maryga View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maryga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2006 at 8:52pm

Assalam-alaikum SrAlwardah

Thankyou for your snide remarks. It is obvious whom it is aimed at. AlhumdulIllah I do believe the Qur'an in its entirety and try my best to follow it as much as possible and make dua that Allah helps me to implement it more and more in my life. Without the sunnah I could not perform my salaat and the methodology of conducting my life. I adhere to it but am careful in differentiating between what may be authentic and what may not be. Allah has given us all a brain and some of us are literate with the ability to read and understand and I believe in using my mind, though it may not please some.

Abeer23 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abeer23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2006 at 11:02pm

As salau alaikum sis. Maryga.  I don't think sis. Alwardah's post was directed toward you.  It was a general statement.  She's posted about the importance of the sunnah in another thread as well.  

Didn't mean to "c" my way in to your "a-b" conversation  I just wanted to point that out and avoid any misunderstandings in sha allah.  Allah will bless you for your efforts in seeking knowledge. 

Salaam

Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2006 at 4:46am

As Salamu Alaikum Sister Maryga

I am truly sorry u felt that my remark was directed towards you and am sure many of the other sisters also feel the same, but like Sis Abeer pointed out, it was a general statement. We have a situation in this forum when some of us  discuss from the Sunnah, others get upset and take it personal.

Insha Allah this is a forum, where we can all agree to disagree.

Wa Alaikum Salam

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2006 at 9:04am

Bismillah,

Dear Sister MaryGa,

I understand how you feel.  I agree with you also.  And by the way, two heads are better than one, so I'm superglad that you're here for us to think things over together!

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2006 at 9:28am
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

...And by the way, two heads are better than one,.......
Now, either your math is wrong sis, or you didn't count many others, including me?
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2006 at 10:04am

Assalamu alaikum,

Now I wonder where does anyone get the idea that if we think and use our brains some people won't like it?  That is absurd and certainly not what our Merciful Allah tells us in the Qur'an.  As Muslims we have a duty to seek knowledge and that is what this thread was about.  How did things get turned around?

Let's not jump in to a "us" and "them" scenario.  We are all Muslims.  We all have a right to the knowledge Allah revealed to us through the Qur'an and Sunnah of His Last Messenger.  There are enough "irritations" in the world today to disturb the Muslimeen, let's not become so to one another!

Together, let's help one another to increase our knowledge and our deen.  Use the beautiful brain Allah gave you while you still can  (this is alluding to my own condition, dementia).  How I wish I had used mine while I still could.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic