IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Questions about Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Questions about Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syed_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 8:23pm
Dear Saved,

You have to show evidence, a solid evidence in support of your claim. Assumptions are no good.

All the best,
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2016 at 9:52am
Originally posted by syed_z syed_z wrote:

Dear Saved,You have to show evidence, a solid evidence in support of your claim. Assumptions are no good.All the best,

Dear Syed_z:

I need to show evidence in claim of what? What are the assumptions I have made? You are not being clear.

List what you want the support for? I don't make claims that I cannot back up. If you are referring to Uthman burning the Qurans after Muhammad's death, and him standardizing the Quran using Hafsah's copy which was destroyed after her death, then I can tell you this is not an assumption and you should do the research yourself.

Regards,
Saved

Regards,
Saved

Edited by Saved - 15 November 2016 at 9:55am
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2016 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by iqmdublin iqmdublin wrote:

Hi everyone, in my conversations with many muslims I've gotten many different answers to the same questions. I thought I'd ask the questions here to see what your answers are. I've travelled to Turkey a few times, but also have muslim friends from Syria and Palestine. I hope this is the right section for this topic! All these questions are genuine and for research purposes! I'm not trying to offend anyone, only get answers.1) Why do many Muslims claim the Bible has been changed? I've heard this many times, but was never given any evidence or source? Living in Dublin, its easy to go to the Chester Beatty Library and see both ancient Biblical (dating back to 90 A.D) and Quranic texts , and its clear to see that neither have been changed. The most ancient Bible texts are exactly the same as the ones, something I have seen with my own two eyes, and discovered with the help of linguistical experts. Except for some differences in spelling, the Biblical text is faithful to the original. I accept that some modern translations can deviate slightly to fit the agenda of the translators, but I'm speaking of a true and faithful translation of the Hebrew/Greek/Aramaic texts, of which there are several out there.

Thanks brother for clearly specifying the questions and little elaboration on them as well. Well for this question, I have answers from Quran as well as out of it, you choose what interests you most.
From Quran from among several places, I shall only provide one as an example "005.014
YUSUFALI: From those, too, who call themselves Christians, We did take a covenant, but they forgot a good part of the message that was sent them: so we estranged them, with enmity and hatred between the one and the other, to the day of judgment. And soon will Allah show them what it is they have done." The legendary infighting of Christian between Catholics & Protestants can be taken as a case in pointer of this verse.

Historical evolution of present day Bible (According to whom?): Even if we disregard this "Whom" thingy, the sheer additions and removal of books from the bible is a clear answer to your question. Do I need to provide Wiki reference on the topic to elucidate? Just let me know, if it is required?
The "photocopy" argument is also not valid here simply because it is not possible to have it attested as well as it contains almost all of anonymous author ships of gospels.

2)In The Quran, I read about the Final Day (Surah 33:21), but then many Muslims believe in converting the entire world to Islam without divine intervention? Which is it?
Quran clearly states there is no compulsion in faith. Prophet's mission was only to convey the message and it was Only Allah to provide guidance to whom ever He wishes to. Therefore forceful spread of Islam was, is, and shall never be acceptable to Allah. So, those who impose their faith on others are none but the terrorists, by definition.

3) Sunni vs Shite - is this not the same as Catholic and Protestant? What is your view on how Allah will determine true followers?

While various denominations/sects within Christianity differ on the very identity of Jesus, the main article of faith, IMHO. Whereas, all Muslims agree on ONE God, ONE and last Prophet, and one message of God ie Quran. However, the variations are through differences in interpretations of the divine message.

4) Hellfire, I read about this in the Quran a lot, but many muslims have different opinions? Is there an official opinion? Do Muslims belive in Hellfire, and unbelievers and evil men being tormented there for eternity?I have more questions, but maybe if I could start with these!Thanks in advance for any help with these questions! -Ivan

The concept of Heaven and Hell is intricately linked with Reward and Punishment awarded on the test/exam conducted during our earthly life. Where the life on earth is only temporary and eternal life is only to start after transitioning through death on the last and final day of Judgement. After decisions are made by Allah about the fate of humans about their test taken, they will attain their permanent abode either in Heaven or Hell. I hope, I have answered all your questions.
best regards.
syed_z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syed_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2016 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by Saved Saved wrote:

Dear Saved,You have to show evidence, a solid evidence in support of your claim. Assumptions are no good.All the best,

Dear Syed_z:

I need to show evidence in claim of what? What are the assumptions I have made? You are not being clear.

List what you want the support for? I don't make claims that I cannot back up. If you are referring to Uthman burning the Qurans after Muhammad's death, and him standardizing the Quran using Hafsah's copy which was destroyed after her death, then I can tell you this is not an assumption and you should do the research yourself.

Regards,
Saved

Regards,
Saved

Saved, your assumption that Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi Wassallam) copied from Gospel.

This is one of your several allegations against the Quran that you have been making throughout this forum.

You are just confusing yourself. All the best.
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2016 at 8:20am

Saved, your assumption that Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi Wassallam) copied from Gospel.This is one of your several allegations against the Quran that you have been making throughout this forum. You are just confusing yourself. All the best.
Syed:
I am not confused, and I didn't say anything about Muhammad or that he copied from the gospel, but I did refer to Uthman burning the Qurans after Muhammad's death, and him standardizing the Quran using Hafsah's copy to copy from which was destroyed after her death. What you have now, we don't know how much of what he copied lines up with it, because we don't have her destroyed copy to compare and contrast. This I can tell you is definitely not an assumption. If you didn't know this, you should do the research yourself.

As for the borrowed virgin birth story of Jesus and several other things that I mentioned, it is not against the Quran; it supports the Quran and the Quran supports the truth of the gospel in this instance. I say borrowed because it is the only logical inference that can be made; it is not an assumption from where I stand.
For instance, we know the gospel came before the Quran (Again, that is a fact not an assumption). There is no common source where the virgin birth story of Jesus can be found other than the uncorrupted gospel of the NT Bible.

IMHO, it is fair game to intelligently and logical infer it was borrowed from the original source. I don't make assumptions about this nor can you prove I am assuming anything. With all due respect, you are the one making assumptions about what I post and that nothing was borrowed from the gospel.

PBUY,
Saved

PS.... Now, if I were to assume anything, I would assume that Muhammad has heard some the gospel stories from Christians. I could be wrong, but I doubt it, because he was a very intelligent, well travelled and informed person.

Edited by Saved - 19 November 2016 at 1:56pm
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2016 at 2:22am

Saved, your assumption that Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi Wassallam) copied from Gospel.This is one of your several allegations against the Quran that you have been making throughout this forum. You are just confusing yourself. All the best.
Syed:
I am not confused, and I didn't say anything about Muhammad or that he copied from the gospel, but I did refer to Uthman burning the Qurans after Muhammad's death, and him standardizing the Quran using Hafsah's copy to copy from which was destroyed after her death. What you have now, we don't know how much of what he copied lines up with it, because we don't have her destroyed copy to compare and contrast.
No my brother that is not how the authentication of duplication can be questioned, simply because those who were involved in the duplication were also the scribes of the Prophet Mohammad while he was alive. Secondly, the same were then involved when the first compilation of Quran in Book form was done and kept with Hazrat Hafza and then the same were again tasked to standardize it in Qureshi dialect. At every stage, it was ensured that at least 2 witnesses from those who orally memorized (known as Qurra) must testify the true copy of the original. Hence, in the absence of the original copy, we know we have the attested copy of the original.

This I can tell you is definitely not an assumption. If you didn't know this, you should do the research yourself.

No, my dear! The onus of proof is on you to prove you are correct. Please provide authentic references for all of your assertions. Thanks.

On the similar lines, IMHO, should we not look at the revered gospels, like wise??? Just the anonymous authorship should be sufficient to shut the door what to talk of asking the evidence about "originally inspired Word of God"?
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2016 at 10:11am
Originally posted by AhmadJoyia AhmadJoyia wrote:

No, my dear! The onus of proof is on you to prove you are correct. Please provide authentic references for all of your assertions. Thanks.
Here is one source: http://www.livingislam.org/fiqhi/fiqha_e27.html
I am surprise you didn't know this or that you couldn't do the research yourself. I don't make unfounded claims my dear

Edited by Saved - 22 November 2016 at 10:12am
syed_z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syed_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2016 at 8:38pm
Asalaam O Alaikum Brother Ahmed, jazakAllah khayr.

Saved,

When you made assertion that Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi Wassallam) copied from the gospel, you need to show proof.

If you cannot, and most definitely you cannot, then don't make such assertions.

The fact that Quran mentions the events in the life of Jesus, son of Mary (alaihi Salaam) quite different from whats in the Gospel is itself a proof that its not possible that Prophet Muhammad copied. Jesus son of Mary (alaihi Salaam), not dieing on the cross, his place of return on earth and the events surrounding his return, his conversation on the day of judgment and all other references mentioned in the Quran and hadith are not to be found in the gospels that your church accepted i.e the 4.

However surprisingly for you what Quran says about Jesus, son of Mary (alaihi Salaam) is exactly what Gospel of Barnabas says in Chapter 70th called Peter Rebuked:

�Jesus answered: �And ye; what say ye that I am?� Peter answered: �Thou art Christ, son of God.� Then was Jesus angry, and with anger rebuked him, saying: �Begone and depart from me, because thou art the devil and seekest to cause me offence!� And he threatened the eleven, saying: �Woe to you if ye believe this, for I have won from God a great curse against those who believe this.�

Its sad that your Church hid the the True Message of Jesus son of Mary (alaihi Salaam) and gave you an interpretation which has led towards so much confusion amongst the Christians. The only way for you to succeed is to obey Jesus, son of Mary (alaihi Salaam) which is to accept what he said.

The seventy-first chapter states: �Then said Jesus: �As God liveth, I am not able to forgive sin, nor is any man, but God alone forgiveth.� �

The Quran says in Surah Maida Verse 16

When God says, �Jesus, son of Mary, did you say to people, �Take me and my mother as two gods alongside God�?� he will say, �May You be exalted! I would never say what I had no right to say�� if I had said such a thing You would have known it: You know all that is within me, though I do not know what is within You, You alone have full knowledge of things unseen�� 117I told them only what You commanded me to: �Worship God, my Lord and your Lord.�

Amazing similarity especially for those who have eyes to see and hearts to understand.

From the ninety-seventh chapter: �Then said the priest: �How shall the Messiah be called and what sign shall reveal his coming?� Jesus answered: �The name of the Messiah is admirable, for God himself gave him the name when He had created his soul, and placed it in a celestial splendour. God said: �Wait Mohammed; for thy sake I will to create paradise, the world, and a great multitude of creatures, whereof I make thee a present, insomuch that whoso shall bless thee shall be blessed, and whososhall curse thee shall be accursed. When I shall send thee into the world I shall send thee as my messenger of salvation, and thy word shall be true, insomuch that heaven and earth shall fail, but thy faith shall never fail.�
Ahmad is his blessed name.� Then the crowd lifted up their voices, saying: �O God, send us thy messenger; O Ahmad come quickly for the salvation of the world!�

Al Quran 61:06

Jesus, son of Mary, said, �Children of Israel, I am sent to you by God, confirming the Torah that came before me and bringing good news of a messenger to follow me whose name will be Ahmad.

The Church to have their authority supreme over the masses deliberately hid the truth by not accepting other Gospels like Gospel of Barnabas. It is this reason why the early followers of Jesus son of Mary (alaihi Salaam) were tortured because they rejected the Trinity being promoted by church.

Truth stares at you my friend.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic