IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Questions about Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Questions about Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2016 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by syed_z syed_z wrote:

You�re mistaken, I never claimed that only Muslims say that its corrupted. God also says that in the Quran. You are here to have a discussion but I see you�re not serious to read my posts.

Okay, I am mistaken about what you said. point taken

Please read my previous post again I clearly stated that
Quran proves that Bible which includes Gospel has been corrupted and Allah (swt) confirms it in the following Verse:

Al Quran 3:1-4

Step by step has He bestowed upon thee from on high this divine writ, setting forth the truth which confirms whatever there still remains [of earlier revelations for it is He who has bestowed from on high the Torah and the Gospel (3:4) aforetime, as a guidance unto mankind, and it is He who has bestowed [upon man] the standard by which to discern the true from the false
The Quran doesn't say the gospel is corrupted to me in that verse and even if it did, that is certainly not proof to convince me of corruption let alone scholars of the Bible.

Allah Says that People of the Book should follow their books even after the Quran and not follow the Quran? You�re mistaken again Saved. That is incorrect claim against the Quran. Allah
says in the following Verse:

(5:15) O followers of the Bible! Now there has come unto you Our Apostle, to make clear unto you much of what you have been concealing [from yourselves] of the Bible, 28 and to pardon much. Now there has come unto you from God a light, and a clear divine writ,</span>

I thought the Quran states to follow the revelation we have been given? The Quran clashes with the central gospel message, and we have to choose what to believe. I see the central message as complete. Even the virgin birth of Jesus is original to only the gospel. The Quran is a secondary source. the Bible gives the reason Jesus had to have been born of a virgin, but the Quran doesn't. The reason is concealed in the Quran, IMHO.

Allah (swt) reminds the Jews and the Christians to not hide yourself from what has been predicted by their Prophets including Jesus, Son of
Mary (alaihi Salaam) that there is a prophet who would come and His name would be Mohammad:

Why aren't all Christians and Jews Muslims. It seems that is what is what is concealed from us not the gospel message.

�And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;� (John: 14-16)Now because of the original Aramaic Gospel being lost there is no way to confirm what word did he use or 'Comforter' in Aramaic. Furthermore, it is written in the Old Testament part of the Holy Bible that a Prophet belonging to the Arabian race will come. The
fifteenth verse of the eighteenth chapter of Deuteronomy quotes M�s� �alaihis-sal�m� as having said to the Israelites: �The Lord thy God will raise
up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me;
unto him ye shall hearken;� (Deut: 18-15) The word �brethren� of the Israelites
used in this text means �Ism��l�s (Ismaelites)�, i.e. �the Arabs�.

The comforter is the Spirit of Truth. You are saying that is Muhammad. Muhammad was never a spirit. The spirit of truth is with us and in us true believers. Muhammad is not with me or in me; he died in the 7th century, but Jesus still lives and He lives in me as he did with His disciples after His resurrection. As for Duet 18, The gospel claimed that was referring to Jesus before Muhammad was born.

Good question. I'm sorry to say using
you're own theory if you had a copy of the original and if it was not complete then how would you find treasure? It is a known fact that the 4 Gospels accepted at Council of Nicea in 325 CE were not the only ones. There were originally 12. The remaining were declared Apocryphal by the council, even though they did not have any authority to do so and persecuted those true followers of Jesus, son of Mary (alaihi Salaam) who used to learn and teach them. You just chose to be fooled by the council. But remember that God has revealed the Quran to make it clear so you will have no excuse on the day of judgment
First of all I was referring to a complete map. the answer is the photo copy would work just as well as the original and get me to the treasure.
As for the Apocryphal writing, I have them in my Bible. They don't contradict the central gospel message which is Jesus died and rose from the dead to save us from our sin. And Jesus said, " I am he' and we will "die in our sin unless we believe" this.

Hafsa's copy is the same as recited and memorized by the Prophet and which he himself had made his companions memorized. �The promise Allah (swt) makes in the Quran for its preservation and the fact that whether you pick a Quran from whichever part in the world and its identical nature is itself a proof that what Uthman compiled is the coming true of the Promise of Allah. I understand that you are trying to somehow prove its corruption but you will not be able to.

If Hafsa's copy was the same, why did Marwan destroy her copy? I am not trying to proof its corruption; I am just trying to show that we have an uncorrupted central gospel message, and that Allah never said the gospel is corrupt. You, IMO, choose to make a false inference. I don't believe anything in the gospel had been concealed from us especially when the story of the virgin birth of Jesus was imperfectly borrowed from the gospel. I know this because there is no common source where the story of Jesus virgin birth could be found but the gospel of Matthew.

PBUY,
Al

Edited by Saved - 06 November 2016 at 12:10am
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2016 at 6:22am
The gospel states to love even your enemies, but I don't see anything like that in the Quran. Does Islam want you to hate those that oppose you?

Edited by Saved - 06 November 2016 at 6:23am
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2016 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Saved Saved wrote:

The gospel states to love even your enemies, but I don't see anything like that in the Quran. Does Islam want you to hate those that oppose you?

Dear Saved,

Of course, the Quran states to love all people except the Quran 60:8
You say "but I do not see anything like that in the Quran." Here are some evidence: Quran 5:2, 5:8, 16:90, 16:128 and more. Even the Prophet Muhammad said: "love all that is in the earth!, then you will be loved by Allah." (Narrated by Bukhari & Muslim).
So, not only to love mankind, but also to the surrounding natural environment.

Regards,
Asep
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2016 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

Dear Saved,

You say "but I do not see anything like that in the Quran." Here are some evidence: Quran 5:2, 5:8, 16:90, 16:128 and more. Even the Prophet Muhammad said: "love all that is in the earth!, then you will be loved by Allah." (Narrated by Bukhari & Muslim).

Regards,
Asep
Show me where it states to love your enemies.

Edited by Saved - 08 November 2016 at 8:08pm
syed_z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syed_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2016 at 9:15pm

The Quran doesn't say the gospel is corrupted to me in that verse and even if it did, that is certainly not proof to convince me of corruption let alone scholars of the Bible.

You made a false claim that Quran doesn't mention that and I just showed you it does. You don't have to believe and thats fine, but your claim was wrong. I am not going to convince, I am just going to defend the Message of God in the Quran and if its traces are in the Bible then I will show you. Accept or reject it, its up to you.

the Bible gives the reason Jesus had to have been born of a virgin, but the Quran doesn't. The reason is concealed in the Quran, IMHO.

There is no 'IMHO'. It clearly states that Allah tested the Jews through Jesus birth and tested the Christians through his raising up and they both failed.

Al Quran 4:159

There is not one of the people of the book (jews and christians) who will not believe in him (i.e. Jesus (alaihi Salaam)) before his death and on the day of resurrection he will be a witness against them.

The jews claim that he was of an illegitimate birth which would be false and christians calling him literal son of God will also be false, they both will fail if they continue to believe this before their deaths.

Quran is clear not concealing, your allegation against the Quran was false once again.

Why aren't all Christians and Jews Muslims. It seems that is what is what is concealed from us not the gospel message.

Why were Prophets tortured by the Jews? Why do the Christians believe in something even though Jesus, son of Mary (alaihi Salaam) never called himself God?

O Jerusalem you kill prophets (Mark 23:37)

The jews were arrogant and disobedience and so have the christians become who are shown the truth but reject it. Your lack of knowledge about the Quran doesn't mean it doesn't mention.

The comforter is the Spirit of Truth. You are saying that is Muhammad. Muhammad was never a spirit. The spirit of truth is with us and in us true believers. Muhammad is not with me or in me; he died in the 7th century, but Jesus still lives and He lives in me as he did with His disciples after His resurrection. As for Duet 18, The gospel claimed that was referring to Jesus before Muhammad was born.

Jesus, son of Mary's language was not English. It was Aramaic and Spirit of Truth is not its correct translation, whoever translated it as that is also a mystery. The Spirit of Truth in Aramaic is what Christians need to figure out. The gospel message to a certain extent has been concealed due to the original language being lost.

If the Gospel confirmed that Book of Deuteronomy in Chapter 18 Verse 18 predicts Jesus (alaihi Salaam) then your claim of assigning sonship fails because the verse clearly predicts a 'Prophet'. Also many verses in the old testament clearly refer to Jesus, son of Mary (alaihi Salaam) was the messiah. So who is this Prophet?

First of all I was referring to a complete map. the answer is the photo copy would work just as well as the original and get me to the treasure.
As for the Apocryphal writing, I have them in my Bible. They don't contradict the central gospel message which is Jesus died and rose from the dead to save us from our sin. And Jesus said, " I am he' and we will "die in our sin unless we believe" this.

What I was referring is declaring the 8 Gospels out of 12  as apocryphal. The Gospel of Barnabas is available in English, do you want me to share Verses from it? It clearly contradicts what you have been claiming about Jesus, son of Mary (alaihi Salaam).

In fact even the message in the 4 Gospels is different from what you have been claiming.

I am just trying to show that we have an uncorrupted central gospel message, and that Allah never said the gospel is corrupt. You, IMO, choose to make a false inference. I don't believe anything in the gospel had been concealed from us especially when the story of the virgin birth of Jesus was imperfectly borrowed from the gospel. I know this because there is no common source where the story of Jesus virgin birth could be found but the gospel of Matthew.

The fact that the message of Jesus, son of Mary (alaihi Salaam) is not only in the 4 Gospels is what you lost. Quran confirms that and that is a historical fact due to Council of Nicea and that is what we believe.

On top of that you misinterpret the words of Jesus, son of Mary (alaihi Salaam) which to me are very clear even in the 4 Gospels.

As for your claim that story was copied from Gospel, where is the proof for that? Or is it another false claim?

All the best.
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2016 at 6:28pm

As for your claim that story was copied from Gospel, where is the proof for that? Or is it another false claim?All the best.
Well, it was written in the gospel before Muhammad was born. The fact that it was already in print is a preponderance of evidence at least in my mind's eye.
If I write an essay for a school assignment, and it is the same idea that another student wrote or scholar before me. I would be accused of plagiarizing for not citing my source.

What you ask me here is like me asking the teacher to prove I didn't borrow that information and that it is not my own idea.

Do you think the teacher will let me off the hook? No, I will fail that essay and possibly the class. The problem here is you are subjectively involved, and I am looking objectively.
The gospel is the original source of the virgin birth story of Jesus and it gives the reason for it. The reason in the gospel wasn't to test the Jews. What is the point in testing someone when God knows they cannot pass that test? Jesus' virgin birth is the fulfillment of Biblical prophecy.
If the virgin birth story appears after it had already been put to print, I would trust the original source before a secondary one. To me, that is logical and wise.

Regards,
al

Edited by Saved - 09 November 2016 at 6:30pm
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2016 at 1:32am

Dear Saved,

Regards,
Asep
Show me where it states to love your enemies.

Dear Saved,

Well, here are the proofs:
Quran 3:134, 4:114, 16:90 and more.
Even the Prophet Muhammad said: "love all that is in the earth!, then you will be loved by Allah." (Narrated by Bukhari & Muslim).
So, not only to love our enemies, not only to love all mankind, but also to love the surrounding natural environment.

Regards,
Asep
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2016 at 4:12pm

Dear Saved,

Well, here are the proofs:
Quran 3:134, 4:114, 16:90 and more.
Even the Prophet Muhammad said: "love all that is in the earth!, then you will be loved by Allah." (Narrated by Bukhari & Muslim).
So, not only to love our enemies, not only to love all mankind, but also to love the surrounding natural environment.

Regards,
Asep
I see this is another example of conditional love again. You must do something to get Allah to love you, but that is not the case with the Allah of the gospel. Love that is conditional doesn't love all the time, and it certainly doesn't love its enemies. Conditional love, IMHO, cannot be true love! My God truly loves me and I know it. Does the Allah of Islam love you now?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic