IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Questions about Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Questions about Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iqmdublin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Questions about Islam
    Posted: 18 April 2016 at 12:36pm
Hi everyone, in my conversations with many muslims I've gotten many different answers to the same questions. I thought I'd ask the questions here to see what your answers are.
I've travelled to Turkey a few times, but also have muslim friends from Syria and Palestine.
I hope this is the right section for this topic! All these questions are genuine and for research purposes! I'm not trying to offend anyone, only get answers.

1) Why do many Muslims claim the Bible has been changed? I've heard this many times, but was never given any evidence or source? Living in Dublin, its easy to go to the Chester Beatty Library and see both ancient Biblical (dating back to 90 A.D) and Quranic texts , and its clear to see that neither have been changed. The most ancient Bible texts are exactly the same as the ones, something I have seen with my own two eyes, and discovered with the help of linguistical experts. Except for some differences in spelling, the Biblical text is faithful to the original. I accept that some modern translations can deviate slightly to fit the agenda of the translators, but I'm speaking of a true and faithful translation of the Hebrew/Greek/Aramaic texts, of which there are several out there.

2)In The Quran, I read about the Final Day (Surah 33:21), but then many Muslims believe in converting the entire world to Islam without divine intervention? Which is it?

3) Sunni vs Shite - is this not the same as Catholic and Protestant? What is your view on how Allah will determine true followers?

4) Hellfire, I read about this in the Quran a lot, but many muslims have different opinions? Is there an official opinion? Do Muslims belive in Hellfire, and unbelievers and evil men being tormented there for eternity?

I have more questions, but maybe if I could start with these!

Thanks in advance for any help with these questions!
-Ivan

Edited by iqmdublin - 18 April 2016 at 12:53pm
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2016 at 11:55am
Regarding Shia and sunnis in Islam,there is nothing mentioned about sects in islam.Allah in ch 3 v 103 of Quran says hold to the rope of Allah I.e Quran and be not divided.means if we follow Quran and authentic sayings of prophet Muhammad S.A.W (pbuh)Allah will grant paradise.Quran is word of Allah,Allah in ch 4 v 56 of Quran says Allah will give new layer of skin to sinners to feel pain.Allah in ch 4 v 48 of Quran says Allah if wants can forgive any sin but not the sin of associating partners with Allah.
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2016 at 4:53pm
Dear Ivan

Your questions are very qualified and comprehensive, therefore, let me try to explain it, and here are its evidence or legal sources:

The answer for question 1

�..and you shall be put into a paradise flowing in them rivers. So whoever among you who disbelieve after that, he indeed has strayed from the straight path.
But because they broke their promises, then we cursed them and made their hearts grow hard. They like to change the words of God from the places (holy book) and they deliberately forget (eliminate) some of what's been warned by the scriptures. "(Al-Ma'idah 5: 12-13)

Differences with Al Quran is: since the Prophet Muhammad received revelations (Quran) until the last day, its authenticity will be maintained and preserved, as proof are: all the Qur'an on earth is written the same in the original language (Arabic), and the same also in the arrangement of words, editorial, and layout of the revelations.
�Verily I were lowering the Quran, and We really maintain it ". (Al-Hijr 15: 9)

I've read various books of other religions, but only the Quran contained the Lord's statement about the maintenance of His revelations.

The answer for question 2

Meaning of Sura 33:21 it is if we want to meet God and get into heaven after the day of Judgement, then we simply imitate the ways of worship of Prophet Muhammad SAW. And if someone says that God does not intervene, then it would be contrary to God's revelation as follows:
�And the Lord says: Pray to me, surely I will grant you .. "(Al Mu'min 40:60)

Th answer for question 3

Between Sunni vs Shite, although there are slight differences, but it is clear that the Shite came after the Prophet Muhammad and his companion Abu Bakr Siddiq had passed away.
You don�t need to be confused about God will determine the true followers, just consider the word of God below:
�And indeed I created humans and know what is whispered in their hearts, and we are closer to them than their neck veins ". (Qaf 50:16)

This verse explains that God is very easy to determine the true followers, even what whispering in the human hearts as well He knew.

�..indeed He (your Lord) are omniscient about who strayed from his net, and He also knows those who receive guidance (Hidayah)�. (An Nahl 16:125)

The answer for question 4

Although Muslims opinions differ about hellfire, but essentially the same, namely a place of punishment for disobedient to Allah and His Messenger, it was just a rhetorical or a way of explaining things. All Muslims believe in Hellfire because it is often described in the Quran.
Yes, unbelievers and evil people will put into the fire of hell forever. But please don�t be misunderstood that for the true followers of the previous prophets, they would not be put into the hellfire when their prophets were still alive.

�Indeed had happened to the followers of the prophet Moses, they were divided into 71 groups, one group will be put into heaven with Moses and the rest will go to the hell. And indeed had happened to the followers of the prophet Jesus, they were divided into 72 groups, one group will be put into heaven with Jesus and the rest will go to the hell. And indeed will happen to the followers of me (the prophet Muhammad), they will be divided into 73 groups, one group will be put into heaven with me and the rest will go to the hell�. (Al Hadits: narrated by: Imam Bukhari & Imam Muslim)

I hope these answers can be received clearly.
Thank you.

Asep

Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2016 at 9:41pm
You quoted: �And the Lord says: Pray to me, surely I will grant you .. "(Al Mu'min 40:60)
Does this mean that all a Muslim has to do is pray to Allah and he will grant paradise if that what he is praying about?
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2016 at 2:10pm
Dear Saved,

Allah will not grant paradise to those Muslims who just pray, but they also have to run all His commands.

Regards,
Asep
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2016 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

Dear Saved,

Allah will not grant paradise to those Muslims who just pray, but they also have to run all His commands.

Regards,
Asep
So are there Muslims that keep all the commandments and reject what Allah rejects? All it takes is one disobedience to be at fault of all. So, how can a Muslim know if he is going to paradise? The gospel assures us that we can know. I believe those that don't know they are saved haven't received the gift God gives by faith which works by love. What does Islam offer me that's better than what I have now?
PBUY

Edited by Saved - 26 October 2016 at 12:49pm
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2016 at 4:21pm
Dear Saved,

Yes there are Muslims that keep all the commandements and reject what Allah rejects when they have already understood who really are they?, what they have to do in this mortal world? Then, where will they returned?

Allah tells mankind that whoever is faith in Him and worshiped only to Him (not associating partners with Him), and run His commands, Allah will grant paradise as mentioned in Quran.

Regards,
Asep
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2016 at 9:02am
Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

Dear Saved,

Yes there are Muslims that keep all the commandements and reject what Allah rejects when they have already understood who really are they?, what they have to do in this mortal world? Then, where will they returned?

Allah tells mankind that whoever is faith in Him and worshiped only to Him (not associating partners with Him), and run His commands, Allah will grant paradise as mentioned in Quran.

Regards,
Asep
Hi Asep,

I don't see how that can be realistic. What you are saying is there are perfect Muslims or those that submit perfectly to God and without ever falling into some temptation.

I agree with you that Allah has no partners, but He does have association; for instance, God's Word (Jesus) is associated to God as His Word; IOW, my word is associated to me, and your word is associated to you. Again, God's word is associated to Him.
That logically makes sense to me.

PBUY,
AL

Edited by Saved - 28 October 2016 at 10:17am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic