IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Decieved  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Decieved

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Decieved
    Posted: 13 April 2016 at 9:09pm
I want your knowledge regarding my rights within Islam in this case please.
We married 20 years ago. He took UK citizenship through our marriage. Within that 20 years of marriage, he worked for just 2. My work supported us. We have a teenage child.
Our marriage began failing around 2011 and we ceased marital relations. I took a job abroad. He followed me, saying he would not leave his child. He moved into my house (the spare room) refused to divorce and refused to leave. Being overseas I had no support from authorities who refused to get involved. He goes out at 8am in the morning and returns to sleep in the spare room at 9pm. Weekends, he forces our child to spend time with him, refusing to allow them to see their friends.
He and I speak only to discuss the welfare of our child. I have no idea even now where/whether he works, and he refused to provide any monetary support for our child until mid 2014. Since then he has provided some few dollars per month. I pay everything else., including the house rent living costs, and school fees.
Despite my frequent requests for a divorce he refuses, and also continues to refuse to leave my house, sleeping there at night although he has no clothes or possessions there, not even a toothbrush.
6 months ago I learned that he married another lady in 2012. He brought that wife over to the country I live, he has rented a house not far from mine, and she just gave birth to a child.
I had no knowledge of any of this until I stumbled across evidence accidentally. He has not told me this himself. Our child is not aware of this. I have not told him I know yet as I am unsure how he may react and I want to be armed with knowledge before I speak to him about it.
I realise that there are many opinions about this, but I just want to know the Islamic rights that I have here. I want to divorce this man as soon as possible. He refused to divorce me so how can I divorce him and how long will it take. I want him out of my house and out of my life. There is no way back ... He has decieved me and my son... lied to us ... for over 4 years and I want out. Please tell me what Islam says about this.
Sultana99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sultana99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 11:04am
Assalamalikum don't know what Islam says about this,but I feel and I hope I'm right islamic ally also that you certainly need peace of mind if all this is true.andyour lucky your child is big enough not someone you will require to leave with caretaker. So you need to do what gives you mental relief happiness normalcy stability in life it's your call
Sultana99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sultana99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 11:06am
You can find a library or stadium for your child while you're away
fais View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2016 at 8:25pm
Dear Sister,

you have all the rights to take khula from him, and if he does not turnup to give you Talaq then with the consultaion of a kazi you can place an add in the news paper that you need a khula and then the kazi will declare you as seperated.

Hope this helps.
Jami View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2017 at 2:26am
Thank you for the responses and support that most of you gave. I want to update and ask another question...
I came back to England and the man stayed overseas. He finally agreed to divorce me and arrived in England with a divorce deed he said he prepared in Pakistan. We signed it, he orally divorced me (said three times) and he told me it was over. Of course this is what I want, but now I am confused as to whether this divorce is recognised in UK, or if I have to get a divorce here as well.
Can somebody tell me whether I am divorced in the eyes of the law in England?
Thank you
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic