IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Misconceptions about Women and Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Misconceptions about Women and Islam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnysaudi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Misconceptions about Women and Islam
    Posted: 21 March 2016 at 10:53am
Greetings,

I'm a 25 year old American expat female living in Saudi. My friends and family have many different perceptions about women and Islam. I'm write a blog post entitled 10 Misconceptions the West has about Women and Islam. I'm a Christian and I am still learning about the practices of Islam so I don't feel like I can give a correct representation.

So, as a female Muslim, I am curious to know what Misconceptions you feel the West has wrong that you would like to right? Please let me know if you would like to remain anonymous.

Thank you for your time,
Sydney
Ringer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 12:11am
Are women generally allowed to drive automobiles in SA yet?
--
Ringer
Skogen View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skogen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2016 at 11:32am
How Muslim men treat women generally have nothing to do with Islam and they do not represent Islam in any way. Women should be treated with reverence , honorable and respect, for she is your mother, sister , aunt, grandmother , this is what the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said.

Regards
Skogen
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2016 at 11:52am
Biggest misconception is regarding educating girls.The first ever revelation of Quran was to recite and read,prophet Muhammad S.A.W (pbuh)said it is obligatory for every man and woman to gain knowledge. In india people make gloomy faces on birth of girl child in which Allah forbids in ch 16 v 58-59 of Quran
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic