IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to do the Hakeeka?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to do the Hakeeka?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to do the Hakeeka?
    Posted: 01 February 2006 at 7:55am

SalaamAlaikum to all here, and thanks to all of the regular people here who tolerate debating things with me and trying to help me understand things better. Anyway Inshalla we will be going to my husbands native Pakistan to visit family in a few weeks and I have told my husband I want to do the Hakeeka(excuse my spelling) and slaughter the lambs for our 2 kids.We have a boy and girl. Can anyone fill me in on how this should be done and what are some traditions that  people do around this event.?

1. Is it Sunnah?

2. Do you sacrifice one for a girl and 2 for a boy?

3. Do most people have a big celebration for families and friends?

4. Can you slaughter goats instead of lamb because pakistanis don't really like lamb?

5. Are you supposed to give some meat to the poor and how much?

6. Are you supposed to say some special Dua or read Quran?

7. Are you supposed to also give some money to the poor as well?

Thank you very much and your response is greatly appreciated as we would like to do this the best way possible and we aren't really sure how to plan all of the details. And I would like to say to all the frequent visiters here that have children I hope Inshalla your children have a long and healthy life and they are alllways guided to the straight path. Allah Hafez-Jenni

You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 9:04am
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 9:04am

Salam Alaikum Sister..

What is Hakeeka? Is this arabic word?

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 9:07am
Originally posted by muhsen muhsen wrote:

Salam Alaikum Sister..

What is Hakeeka? Is this arabic word?

Its ok..I just click the link..it means aqeqaah...understand....

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 10:35pm

Bismillah,

I have heard of people using goats instead of lambs.  Why not?  If the monetary value being less is the reason to reject goats, what about more goats to equal the value of the lambs?

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 2:17am

Assalamu Alaikum

Sister Jenni, I don't have any helpful information to add to your thread; however, I did want to say a prayer for your trip and all it entails.  Inshallah your trip to Pakistan will be wonderful, that the aqeeqah your family has for your children will be bless by Allah and that your journey there and back is safe.  Ameen!

I actually did not know about aqeeqah so I am glad you brought up this topic.  My question is, is it necessary that the father pay for the lamb, sheep or goat?  I'm asking because my daughter who is not Muslim (Inshallah some day she will be) is going to have a baby in April and I want to be a major influence in the baby's life so that Inshallah s(he) will grow up being a Muslim.  I have already asked if it is okay for me to recite the prayer which father's usually recite to their children upon birth in order to protect them from Shaytan.  I was told that it was permissible for me to do this.  I am so excited that, Inshallah, I have this opportunity to see that one of my family members will be raised to know Allah in the right way from birth.  ALHAMDULILLAH!  The other little ones are not so little anymore; however, they are excellent at making dikhr with me on our walks, and they love doing it so much.  ALHAMDULILLAH! 

May Allah guide and bless all of the individuals who touch the lives of the little Muslims of this world.  Ameen! 

Allah Hafiz,

Sister Khadija

Edited by Khadija1021
Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic