IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Danish drawings  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Danish drawings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 12:26am

"The answer of the so-called "civilised" world to Muslims is the re-printing of the cartoons in many more newspapers across the borders of Denmark."

The decision to re-print the drawings was taken by a number of European newspapers. That decision was not taken in Denmark. I disagree with any action that might result in this escalating. Including this one.

Collectively punishing all Danes (which includes Danish muslims) is unfair and wrong.

I heard a quote from the Quran on radio the other day which said that punishing the innocent is wrong. Sorry, can't recall the wording.

Danes has done nothing to deserve this hatred and hostility. The Danish paper was wrong to publish the drawings, muslims boycotting Denmark and expressing hatred for Danmark are also wrong.

MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 1:40am

Bismillah

Nobody is promoting hostility against Danish people or punishing anyone.

One of the main objectives of bringing up the issue was possibly to prevent this from happening in the future in other countries of the "civilised" world, but it seems to have generated the opposite in a matter of days.

You've heard so much from Muslims on the issue yet we've yet to hear from Danish people...  

MOCKBA
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 8:15am
We see ZERO public displays by Muslims against Salafy terrorists who are
bombing MUSLIM MOSQUES IN MUSLIM COUNTRIES, MURDERING MUSLIMS
WHILE THEY WORSHIP!

Yet, all this fuss about cartoons.

It is nothing short of abject cowardice. The cartoon protestors are ignoring
the real bomb and the real Muhummad to attack a cartoon effigy.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Wrangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 9:05am

Hi Mobka,

Such are the rules of today's "freedom" and "democracy" where filthy homosexuals and prostitutes have more rights than believing Muslims."

I don't know what the purpose was to post this. Seem out of context in this thread. If muslims insist not to be mocked it would provide more respect, if other goups was not mocked.

When it comes to groups rights to be free of mocking I include religion, sexual preference, race and social status. Having different rules for different groups makes no sense to me. "Others can't mock me, but I reserve the right to mock others". I don't want to take this any further here.

"Nobody is promoting hostility against Danish people or punishing anyone."

I think boycotting and encouraging others to boycott is doing this. Nobody here in this thread is doing this. On the contrary, I appreciate very muchI ment the massive protests in the middle east. 

"One of the main objectives of bringing up the issue was possibly to prevent this from happening in the future in other countries of the "civilised" world, but it seems to have generated the opposite in a matter of days."

Well, it has certainly made sure that the drawings has gotten a lot of spreading. But in the end I think Denmark (and possibly others) will review their laws on media. This is a political process and will take time though.

Several Danish muslim organizations has reported the newspaper to the police. They are in their full right to do this and there is no problem with this. The local Danish procecutor could not find any law broken. The issue was then raised, and is currently being handled, by the central Danish prosecutor. If he finds nothing the muslim organizations can raise the issue with the human rights court in Hague. It is not unlikely that the Danes will be convicted here. Denmark would then be forced to change its legislation according with that sentence. 

Media is not completely free. Media is regulated by laws and their own ethics. Having laws that prevent religious groups from being insulted is no conflict with free speech/press.

"You've heard so much from Muslims on the issue yet we've yet to hear from Danish people..."

For all practical purposes I am Danish, sort of. I am a Swede who has been living in Denmark for 18 years.  I follow this very closely both in Danish and Swedish news. Also discuss this with my fellow Danes. It is very clear that we have a very poor understanding of problem. Surprice, confusion, fear of terrorist attacks in Denmark, anger, .... .

I would be happy to answer any questions on how Danes view the conflict. Or on what goverment is doing and what media reports.

Edited by Wrangel
Wrangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 11:13am

Yes DavidC,

From a casual observer of muslim world this is difficult to understand.

Or as it was put in a Jordan paper, which (according to Danish news) published a couple of the drawings, with a comment saying something like.

What gives muslims a bad image? The drawings, or published footage of a hostage having his throut cut.

Saying that, which also reflects DavidC's post, I understand that muslim terrorism must be a much greater problem in the muslim countries then elsewhere.

Anyway, I would like have this thread stick with the issue of the drawings and nothing else.

Just came to think about it. Some or several European newspapers published the drawings recently. Maybe more will. I just want to make clear the drawings has been published once by one newspaper in Denmark. I can't imagine any other Danish newspaper publishing the drawings.

Edited by Wrangel
Wrangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 1:07pm

Mobka,

I am terribily sorry but I did not understand anything of what you posted here.

When a mosquito bites a Jew the whole world owes an apology and must stop and show empathy in awe. When Muslims are killed and insulted en masse, the insult should be made louder and killing should spread wider.

What has mosquitos and jews to do with this? I thought I made it clear that its not in Danish interest to spread this further. Why do you mention killings? Who has been killed? What killing should be spread wider?

trbo View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 2:55pm
Greeting's

Question about cartoon/pictures.

Many muslims say that makeing a picture/cartoon of
Mohammed is wrong.
I have looked through the Quran, I was not able to find
any clear word from Allah about this.

I would like to know why it is wrong to make cartoon
or pictures of Mohammed.

DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 6:22pm
The cartoon has been posted on drudge, and there is Arabic writing on the
bomb but I can't read Arabic.

The cartoon is well drawn but not that original IMHO.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
  Share Topic