IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hadith????  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hadith????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrescentStar67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hadith????
    Posted: 31 January 2006 at 10:52am

Assalamu Alaiukum All!

Can someone please explain these Hadith to me? They make no since!

I thought Muhammed was illiterate?This says Muhammed wrote.

Volume 3, Book 49, Number 863:
Narrated Al-Bara:

Quote When the Prophet intended to perform 'Umra in the month of Dhul-Qada, the people of Mecca did not let him enter Mecca till he settled the matter with them by promising to stay in it for three days only. When the document of treaty was written, the following was mentioned: 'These are the terms on which Muhammad, Allah's Apostle agreed (to make peace).' They said, "We will not agree to this, for if we believed that you are Allah's Apostle we would not prevent you, but you are Muhammad bin 'Abdullah." The Prophet said, "I am Allah's Apostle and also Muhammad bin 'Abdullah." Then he said to 'Ali, "Rub off (the words) 'Allah's Apostle' ", but 'Ali said, "No, by Allah, I will never rub off your name." So, Allah's Apostle took the document and wrote, 'This is what Muhammad bin 'Abdullah has agreed upon......................"

This one says to not write anything from him...hadiths,sunnah etc

Quote "The prophet said: 'Do not write anything from me except the Quran. Whoever wrote, must destroy it" (Muslim, Zuhd 72; Hanbal 3/12,21,39).

This one says the opposite:

Quote "The prophet ordered Amr Ibn As to write everything that he speaks" (Hanbal 2/162).

Then again one telling us not to write anything  of the Prophet down...

Quote "Omar said: Quran is enough for us, do not write anything from the prophet. Everyone in the room accepted what Omar said." (Bukhari, Jihad 176, Jizya 6, Ilim 49, Marza 17, Magazi 83, Itisam 26; Muslim, Wasiyya 20,21,22).

Another one:

Quote "When Muhammad was sick on his death bed, he asked his companions to bring him pen and paper so that he could write them something for their salvation. When one of his companions rushed out to bring pen and paper, he was stopped by Omar Ben Khattab. Reportedly, Omar told him: "The prophet has a high fever; he does not know what he is saying. God's book is sufficient for us (hasbuna kitabullah!)"

According to this hadith, Muhammad dies without writing his last statement. The hadith above claims to be reporting the last words of prophet Muhammad and his companion's reaction.

Why all the differences and why do some say not to have or write down the saying of Muhammed and others say otherwise?

It doesnt make since....

And what about hadith and sunnah that promotes murder and such when the Quran says not to do these things?

"The prophet gave permission to kill children and women in war." (Bukhari, Jihad/146; Abu Dawud 113).

Quran says otherwise-Surah 4:75

And what are we to make out of sayings like these that make no since at all or totally unbelievable?

The earth is standing on the horns of a giant bull.---This one is totally obsurd.

"A tribe of monkeys arrested an adulterous monkey and stoned it to death, and I helped them" (Bukhari 63/27).

And if any one can help..I heard there were sayings of Muhammed(pbbh) that says we will inherit 70 virgins if we kill non Muslims..Is this true? I hope not..The Quran says to treat non Muslims with equality and allow them to live in peace.

Edited by CrescentStar67
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 11:57am
crescentstar, this is the whole problem with the Hadiths. I hope more Muslims will come to realize it. Many of them, even the ones that are authentic seem so bizzare and useless. I think you have to use your own brain, if it contradicts the Quran, I reject it.  If it is too bizarre I ignore it. And I know many many who do the same.. Peace
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 12:21pm
I think you took these quotes from some Anti-Islamic site
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 12:25pm

If you have a question go and ask a scholar, Do you think that people here have vast knowledge about Quran and Hadit.?

"CrescentStar67" are you rying to say that Prophet was wrong ?

Jenni can you please post hadits that are "bizzare" & "useless" ?

I would like to take a look at them
CrescentStar67 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrescentStar67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 12:33pm

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

I think you took these quotes from some Anti-Islamic site

Are you saying that they are not true Hadiths?Have you read all Hadith and Sunnah?

If the above quoted Hadiths are not true hadiths then supply me with the true ones..for example if one I HAVE listed says Volume 3, Book 49, Number 863: Narrated Al-Bara: isnt a real hadith then supply the actual hadith.

Edited by CrescentStar67
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrescentStar67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 12:41pm

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

If you have a question go and ask a scholar, Do you think that people here have vast knowledge about Quran and Hadit.?

"CrescentStar67" are you rying to say that Prophet was wrong ?

Jenni can you please post hadits that are "bizzare" & "useless" ?

I would like to take a look at them

I assumed some one would know if these Hadiths were true or not and know about the ones I quoted..I can read Idont need a scholar to tell me what Hadith I just read...Only if I dont understand something..

Dont you read hadith or Sunnah,I hope you dont relly soley on what some one tells you,thats how people wind up blowing themselves up,because they dont know what the hadiths and Quran say...

Do not let your hatred of a people incite you to aggression." (The Quran 5:2).

"And do not let ill-will towards any folk incite you so that you swerve from dealing justly. Be just; that is nearest to heedfulness" (The Quran 5:8).

Prophet Muhammad (peace be on him) sent a message to the monks of Saint Catherine in Mount Sinai:

"This is a message written by Muhammad ibn Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, far and near, we are behind them. Verily, I defend them by myself, the servants, the helpers, and my followers, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them. No compulsion is to be on them. Neither are their judges to be changed from their jobs, nor their monks from their monasteries. No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims' houses. Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God's covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they (Christians) are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate. No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight. The Muslims are to fight for them. If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, this is not to take place without her own wish. She is not to be prevented from going to her church to pray. Their churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants. No one of the nation is to disobey this covenant till the Day of Judgment and the end of the world." (Reference: Muslims and Non-Muslims Face to Face by Dr Ahmad H Sakr, isbn: 0911119-31-9)

"Fight in the cause of Allah against those who fight you, but do not transgress limits by aggressing; surely Allah does not love transgressors." (Qur'an, Chapter 2:190.) Notice that permission is given to fight in self-defense, but not to transgress.

"If they incline toward peace, then seek you peace also. And place your trust in God, for God hears and knows all things." (Qur'an, Chapter 8:61).

Prophet Muhammad (peace be on him)) on the rights of enemies at war in his book, "Human Rights in Islam."

Quote:

3. The Prisoner of War Should not be Slain

"No prisoner should be put to the sword"-a very clear and unequivocal instruction given by the Prophet (S).

4. No one Should be Tied to be Killed

"The Prophet has prohibited the killing of anyone who is tied or is in captivity."(End quote)

If Prophet Muhammad (peace be on him) has prohibited the killing of a prisoner of war, then taking an innocent person hostage and killing him is even a bigger sin.

http://www.islam101.com/rights/index.htm

So any person that says you will get 70 Virgins for killing non Muslims has no idea what they are talking about,but if an person doesnt know this then they may accept it.

Why Would I SAY That Muhammed(pbbh) was wrong,No thats not what I was saying..I was saying that the ones I have quoted can not be the true sayings of Muhammed(pbbh) and some are contradictory and just absurd,so they cant be true saying of the prophet...

Example one Hadith says:So, Allah's Apostle took the document and wrote.  This clearly says Muhammed wrote,therefore other hadiths that say he couldnt read or write cant be true also..cant have it both ways.They contradict each other,see what I AM SAying???

We all know the earth isnt on bulls horns ...

Other things have been attributed to him also like saying its okay to murder innocent people,to torture others and to commit suicide which Muhammed could not have said,because Muhammed could not speak against Allah or the Quran..

Do any of you know whether these things are actually in the Hadiths,because alot of Muslims believe they are.

Edited by CrescentStar67
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrescentStar67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 1:17pm

Originally posted by Jenni Jenni wrote:

crescentstar, this is the whole problem with the Hadiths. I hope more Muslims will come to realize it. Many of them, even the ones that are authentic seem so bizzare and useless. I think you have to use your own brain, if it contradicts the Quran, I reject it.  If it is too bizarre I ignore it. And I know many many who do the same.. Peace

Salaam Jenni,very good advice,Quran comes first,if it contradicts the Quran leave it alone..

Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 2:31pm
ak-f-m, can you comment on the hadiths that cresentstar has posted? why do you need me to give you more?
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic