IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 13:15  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

13:15

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2016 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by TG12345 TG12345 wrote:

Salaam alaikum. I have a question about the verse below.

And unto Allah (Alone) falls in prostration whoever is in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly, and so do their shadows in the mornings and in the afternoons.
http://searchtruth.com/chapter_display.php?chapter=13&translator=5#15

Is 13:15 inclusive of every living thing, or a generality but not all things? Does it include only people/angels/jinn or also animals and plants?

Is the verse saying that every single thing created prostrates to God, as do their shadows in the mornings and afternoons?

Is this a correct understanding?

Many thanks and take care.

Wa alakim salamu

The sun and moon are messages of his will .. as the shadows pass across the earth during the course of the day and night all creation prostrate including the umah .. we prostrate according to the passage of the sun .. which effectively means there is a wave of prostrations taking place as the earth revolves round the sun ..

Edited by johnford - 05 March 2016 at 7:27pm
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2016 at 5:46am
Originally posted by AhmadJoyia AhmadJoyia wrote:

I think yours relate to propositional fallacy which is kind of fallacies that involve inferences whose correctness is not guaranteed by the behavior of those logical connectives, and hence, which are not logically guaranteed to yield true conclusions. So essentially when you state The shadows of everything in existence that prostrates to God, prostrate to Him in the morning and afternoon.
You just can't infer from here that if there is no shadow, therefore it doesn't prostrate to God. This is same fallacy as If A then B wrongly implying if not A, then not B. Wiki gives an interesting example to understand it: If it is raining, then the grass is wet.
It is not raining.
Therefore, the grass is not wet.
So, my question is can you make the grass wet other than through rain? If yes, then fallacy in your argument is proved.

You completely misunderstood what I was saying. I am not saying that if a thing has no shadow in the morning and evening, that thing does not prostrate to God.
I am saying that not everything that prostrates to God (ie everything) has a shadow in the morning and evening.
Therefore to say that the shadows of everything that prostrate to God, prostrate in the morning and evening, is false.

That is why I asked you about the hypothetical statement, whether it is correct or incorrect.
And unto Allah falleth prostrate every observant Muslim man, as do their Pakistani wives.

You said it could be true, as well as it could be false given that not all Muslim men have believing wives and not all their wives are Pakistani.

You did a great job in explaining why the statement is false. How could it at all be true? For some reason you seem very determined to not answer this question, so determined in fact that you brought up a logical rule that I was not even breaking. I am going to ask you the same question again, and see if you will respond.
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2016 at 5:46am

Salaam alaikum. I have a question about the verse below.
And unto Allah (Alone) falls in prostration whoever is in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly, and so do their shadows in the mornings and in the afternoons.
http://searchtruth.com/chapter_display.php?chapter=13&translator=5#15

Is 13:15 inclusive of every living thing, or a generality but not all things? Does it include only people/angels/jinn or also animals and plants?

Is the verse saying that every single thing created prostrates to God, as do their shadows in the mornings and afternoons?

Is this a correct understanding?

Many thanks and take care.

Originally posted by johnford johnford wrote:

Wa alakim salamu
The sun and moon are messages of his will .. as the shadows pass across the earth during the course of the day and night all creation prostrate including the umah .. we prostrate according to the passage of the sun .. which effectively means there is a wave of prostrations taking place as the earth revolves round the sun ..

Thanks for explaining, this is what the verse does indeed seem to say.
The problem is that while it is true that all creation prostrates to God, it is not true that the shadows of all creation prostrate to God in the morning and evening.
The reason for this is that some of God�s creation are not exposed to the sun or other sources of light during these times, and others are not exposed to light at all.
So while all may prostrate, it does not follow that the shadows of all prostrate also.
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2016 at 5:07am
Haven't you understood the fallacy in your logic, yet? Should I need the help of Ron to make you understand your fallacy? Hmm!!

Edited by AhmadJoyia - 23 March 2016 at 5:10am
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2016 at 4:05am
Quote TG
The problem is that while it is true that all creation prostrates to God...
Even that. I've never seen a Hamster prostrating to God.

----------------------------------------------------

Quote TG
...it is not true that the shadows of all creation prostrate to God in the morning and evening.
Absolutely! If taken literally it is shear nonsense.

Airmano

Edited by airmano - 24 March 2016 at 4:06am
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2016 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by AhmadJoyia AhmadJoyia wrote:

Haven't you understood the fallacy in your logic, yet? Should I need the help of Ron to make you understand your fallacy? Hmm!!

If you are unable to present your argument as to why my logic is wrong, by all means feel free to call Ron or anyone you like.
While you are at it, why don't you answer my question.

Here we go again:

And unto Allah falleth prostrate every observant Muslim man, as do their Pakistani wives.

Is this statement true or untrue? Why or why not?
You explained why it would be false, but said it could also be true.
How could it be true?

You offered to call on Ron to "make me understand my fallacy", seeing as you are evidently unable to provide a reason for your charge, and your strawman unfortunately was knocked down.
Are there any forum members who I could call on to help encourage you to stop running from a simple question?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2016 at 10:47am
Ok, just once again I try to explain your fallacy.

I am saying that not everything that prostrates to God (ie everything) has a shadow in the morning and evening.
True, as there are zillions of creatures living in the deep sea beyond the reach of sun light. But they do prostrate to God in their own way, willingly or unwillingly.

Therefore to say that the shadows of everything that prostrate to God, prostrate in the morning and evening, is false.
Now here is your faulty understanding. How can this statement be false? If any thing that has a shadow, prostrate to God, its shadow also do the same. Don't you see it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2016 at 11:01am
Originally posted by airmano airmano wrote:

Quote TG
The problem is that while it is true that all creation prostrates to God...
Even that. I've never seen a Hamster prostrating to God.
Two things. 1) Since when do you claim to understand the animal's gestures? 2) Please read the Quranic Clause 'Willingly or un willingly'. Surprised, you din't ask how 'unwilling' prostration? I mean, you could have said it for surety about yourself as an example of 'unwilling' person? So how are you 'prostrating' God, though 'Unwillingly'. Let me know if you don't figure it out yet.

----------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by airmano airmano wrote:

Quote TG
...it is not true that the shadows of all creation prostrate to God in the morning and evening.
Absolutely! If taken literally it is shear nonsense.
Airmano
Good that you bring out the fallacy of TG and surpringly you also agreed to it. If every living thing that has a shadow, prostrate to God (Willingly or Unwillingly), then how come its shadow doesn't prostrate to God? How can you separate the two? At max, the darkness makes the shadow go away, but that doesn't mean the person doesn't prostrate to God. But whenever there is a shadow of a person, and this person prostrate to God, automatically the shadow also prostrates to God. Its so simple.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic