IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Maang Tikka as fashion jewelry?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Maang Tikka as fashion jewelry?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delauren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maang Tikka as fashion jewelry?
    Posted: 08 February 2016 at 6:54am
I've seen the Maang Tikka show up now and then in fashion, I find it to be a really beautiful piece of jewelry, so I do have a question about it since I am not satisfied with the answers I have found on google which are that it is meant for only brides, but also to prevent headaches, the fact that it's meant for brides make me question if it is okay to wear it as a fashionable item ( even if it is to prevent headaches? ), myself is not muslim, I don't belong to any faith then my own I guess I would say, and I do a lot of research before i wear something, for example, the Maang Tikka, or as it seems it is called by Muslims, Jhumar Tikka (?). I am going to be honest and say I would love to wear one, but I refuse to if it is a big no no to wear one unless I marry someone within the faith for the wedding.
Abbelaio View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male Chatolic
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbelaio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2020 at 2:14am
I have an Indian friend, and she is Muslim. She said that women are also allowed to wear Maang Tikka as a fashion accessory. However, they prefer to wear it on big occasions.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic