IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Famous Quotes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Some Great Sayings/Teachings!!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some Great Sayings/Teachings!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Fauzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some Great Sayings/Teachings!!
    Posted: 30 January 2016 at 1:50am
 As-Salaam alaikum,
May I have that pleasure of sharing with you the following great sayings and/or teachings of some mystics of Islam, meant to help us peep into the secrets of Divinity. These are:--

1) " I want to teach you 5 things which deserve your greatest anxiety to acquire:-

(a) Have hope in Allah and none else.

(b) Be afraid of nothing but sins.

(c) If you do not know a thing, never feel ashamed to admit ignorance.

(d) If you do not know a thing never hesitate or feel ashamed to learn it.

(e) Acquire patience and endurance, because their relation with true faith is that of a head to body; a body is of no use without a head, similarly true faith can be of no use without attributes of resignation, endurance and patience".-- Sayyadi Ali Ibn Abi Talib, may Allah be
                 pleased with him.

2. "Seek sweetness in 3 things:- Prayer, making Remembrance [Zikr] of Allah and reciting the Holy Qur'an."-- Sayyadi Hasan Basri (d. 728)

3. When asked about some worldly thing Rabi'a al-Adwiyya (d. 801) wanted to have, she replied: "I am ashamed to ask for a thing from Him to whom this world belongs, how can I ask for it from those to whom it does not belong?"

4. "If you seek a friend, Allah Most High is sufficient for you. If you seek comrade, Kiraman Katibeen (recording angels) are enough. If you seek consoler, the Holy Qur'an is enough. If you need work, His Worship is enough. If you desire sermon, death is enough. And whatever is said to you is looked undesirable, then Hell is enough for you."-- Shaqiq Balkhi (d. 857)

5. A man came to Sayyadi Sahl Ibn Abdullah al-Tustari (d. 896) and told him: "A robber broke into my house and stole my belongings." Sahl said, "Give thanks to Allah, if a robber had entered your heart and corrupted your belief in Allah's Oneness, the what would you do"?

You can see more on this and other
 teachings from the book titled
 "The Sayings and Teachings of
   the Great Mystics of Islam",
by
   Muhammad Riaz Qadiri.
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2016 at 9:05am
Dear bro thanks for your hard work. But I am not very clear when we relate Mystics with Mystery which is contrary to Quran being Mobeen like open and not hidden, implying no Mystery! Can you dwell into this aspect. Best regards.
Omar IL View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omar IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2017 at 1:56am
Acquire patience and endurance, i like this one
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2017 at 4:27am
Quote (c) If you do not know a thing, never feel ashamed to admit ignorance.

(d) If you do not know a thing never hesitate or feel ashamed to learn it.

The principals of science.
ACTOR View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACTOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2017 at 8:20am
that number 5. is a good taught indeed. jazakumlahukairan.
Abu Fauzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Fauzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2017 at 2:25am
As-Salaam alaikum,
  I refer to Brother Ahmad Joyia's comment above, our Senior Member, who seems to think that Mystics and Mysticism/Mystery are contrary to Islamic and/or Qur'anic teachings.

Sir, I do NOT think so... at least in the context of my post above whereby I quoted words of Awliya mostly. My understanding is that in Islam and within the context of my post above, a MYSTIC is a Sufi, or a person who perceives or aspires to perceive MYSTERIES of the NEXT world.. al-akhira.

On the other hand, MYSTICISM is infact nothing other than the art of PLEASING Allah, Exalted and Glorified is He, since to succeed in this means an unveiling of the mystery of NEARNESS-- qurb-ila-lah.

Wallahu Ta'ala A'alam...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic