IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anti-science madness  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anti-science madness

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rulesoferick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2016 at 11:46am
You need to find the balance between religion and science in your life :) just trust.
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2016 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Matt Browne Matt Browne wrote:

AhmadJoyia, Airmano: There is so much violence caused by radical Muslims, because of this notion that God himself recorded the Quran.
I can understand your frustration, but your hypothetical notion is totally wrong. Radicalization among Muslims is not due to Quran but due to not obeying Quran. However, I also agree with you that science is beyond any religious association.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2016 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by rulesoferick rulesoferick wrote:

You need to find the balance between religion and science in your life :) just trust.
I tend to disagree with you if it implies Islam and science. IMHO, there is no contradiction between between the two.
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2016 at 10:29am
Originally posted by AhmadJoyia AhmadJoyia wrote:

I tend to disagree with you if it implies Islam and science. IMHO, there is no contradiction between between the two.

There is always a problem with just trusting. Don't take anybody's word for it.

Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2016 at 2:27pm

Do rivers flow into the sea and mix with the salt water or remain separate like oil and water?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2016 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

There is always a problem with just trusting. Don't take anybody's word for it.

Excellent! This is exactly what is required by all especially the Muslims to understand Quran from all aspects of life.
simple View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2016 at 1:17pm

No need to think? Trust in what then?
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2016 at 2:19pm
Quote Ahmad:

1) The Quran says we are made out of clay, water or sand. This is already a contradiction in itself and even more displaced in the light of modern knowledge.

2) The historical large area (or even worldwide) flooding is impossible, thus Noah - as described in the Quran/Bible never existed. (Not to talk about genetic evidence)
Seriously can you believe a neolithic bloke with a stone axe would be able to build such a ship ?

3) The way the human embryonic development is described [in the Quran] is wrong.

4) Interpreting the "Big Bang" into the Quran takes more phantasy than even Mohamed ever had.

5) How was this again ? Everything comes in pairs ? Well...

6) Need more ?

Obviously these conflicts can be (partly) avoided by giving these parts an allegoric meaning, so welcome to the Christian world !

But why on earth should Allah talk about embryos in an allegoric way ?

Airmano    

Edited by airmano - 21 August 2016 at 2:23pm
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>
  Share Topic