IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Prophets Muhammad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muhammad in the Bible, Torah, and Qur’an  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muhammad in the Bible, Torah, and Qur�an

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samirfaithful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Muhammad in the Bible, Torah, and Qur�an
    Posted: 12 January 2016 at 6:26am
Coexist: Islam, Judiasm, and Chritianity
The clash between Muslims, Christians, and Jews resembles the feud that exists between siblings. They all come from the same father (Abraham) and follow the same prophets of the same God, yet ironically the true enemies of God have succeeded in dividing us by forcing us to focus on our differences rather than our staggering similarities.

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Say ye: We believe in Allah, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Isma�il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between one and another of them: And we bow to Allah. [Qur�an 2:136]

For more than fourteen centuries, scholars from Judaism, Christianity and Islam have been discussing whether or not the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) could have indeed been a true prophet from the One True God. Was he the long awaited �Messiah� the Jews have been waiting for so many centuries? Was he the unlettered Prophet prophesied in the Old Testament?

Let us examine the passage describing the roots of the next prophet:

We read �And the Gentiles shall come to thy light�, and that means this Holy Prophet would arise among the Gentiles and his Light would fill his place where the nations would come and visit. [Isaiah 60:3]

The Children of Israel have always believed the prophethood must stay within the bloodline of the Twelve Children of Israel (starting from the children of Jacob, who is the son of Isaac). Anyone who is not of the Children of Israel is known to the Jews as a �Gentile.� The verse above says there will be an exception of the coming Prophet who will not be from the Children of Israel, but rather a Gentile.

Muhammad was a gentile because he came from the lineage of Ismael, making him an extraordinary gentile of high stature:

And as for Ishmael (son of Abraham), I have heard you. Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly. He shall beget twelve princes, I will make him a great nation. [Genesis 17:20]

Ishmael was the ancestor of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) through Kedar, the second son of Ismael. The lineage of Muhammad (pbuh) is even further illustrated by the Bible:

Now these are the generations of Ishmael, Abraham�s son, whom Hagar the Egyptian, Sarah�s handmaid, bare unto Abraham: And these are the names of the sons of Ishmael, by their names, according to their generations: the firstborn of Ishmael, Nebajoth; and Kedar, and Adbeel, and Mibsam, And Mishma, and Dumah, and Massa, Hadar, and Tema, Jetur, Naphish, and Kedemah: These are the sons of Ishmael, and these are their names, by their towns, and by their castles; twelve princes according to their nations. [Genesis 25:12-16]

Next thing is that the Bible paints the scenario in which the Divine Revelations decends on the prophesized prophet:

And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned. [Isaiah 29:12]

What is remarkable is that the very first word of the Qur�an revealed to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was READ! He told Angel Gabriel that he cannot read. The angel again told him to READ! He says again to the angel that he cannot read. And a third time the angel told him:

READ! In the name of thy Lord Who createth. [Qur�an 96:1]

The Bible describes the coming prophet so that he can be recognized:

I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. [Deuteronomy 18:18]

The claim of Islam is that the Qur�an is the literal, unchanged word of God. So as the Bible foretold, God had literally put His words (the Qur�an) on the tongue of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

It�s common knowledge that chapters of the Qur�an starts with �Bism Allah Al Rahman Al Raheem�, which means �In the Name of Allah the Most Gracious the Most Compassionate.� The Bible foretold of this prophecy:

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him. [Deuteronomy 18:20]

When the Bible says the phophet will �speak in my name,� this is what Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) has done by saying �Bism Allah Al Rahman Al Raheem� before reciting the words of God (the Qur�an). It was required of him and still is today when Muslims recite any part of the Qur�an.

The above proofs are very explicit without the need for further translations. However, there is a wealth of truth that exists in the original languages of the Bible and Torah that were intentionally or ignorantly lost in translation:

His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem. [Songs of Solomon 5:16]

In the Hebrew Torah though, it exactly reads like this:

Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem.

Here is the exact Hewbrew text in case you can read Hebrew:

bible-ar1

In the English translation, the conquistadors have even translated the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as �altogether lovely�, which is the true translation of the name �Muhammad�. Was it out of malice or ignorance that a person�s name was translated from Hebrew to English. Never would you translate a name to another language because that is someone�s name. In the Old Testament in Hebrew, the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) still exists today! Don�t take my word for it, go to your library and pick up a transliteration of the Hebrew Torah. It is worth noting that in the Hebrew language �im� is added for respect. Similarely im is added after the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

Next I would like to examine the scriptures written in the original Aramaic language of Jesus. The word �Christianity� did not exist in the time of Prophet Jesus. So what religion did he call himself? You will be surprised to know that the word Muslim is not a new word found only in the Qur�an. Notice the Aramaic words in red, pronounded �Shalam�, keeping in mind its Arabic equivilant is �Salaam�, the root word of Muslim (one who submits):

bible-ar1

Jesus further demonstrates that he has completed his work as commanded by Allah leaving nothing undone which also shows that he was a true Muslim (one who submits), a characteristic which only fits the character of a prophet.

bible-ar3

Finally, before Jesus departs from this Earth, he leaves behind something which can only be understood if read in his native tongue of Aramaic. In John 14:27, we read:

bible-ar4

As you can see above, Jesus departed with the same phrase Muslims today depart and greet with: Assalaam Alaikum.

To conclude in building the bridge between Muslims, Christians, and Jews, I would like to quell instigations created by war elites and the media to divide us. Contrary to common belief, Muslims greatly revere the prophets and books of Christians and Jews. As a matter of fact, Moses and Jesus are more referred to in the Qur�an than Muhammad (pbuh)! Allah repeatedly points out the bond between the People of the Scriptures:

Allah hath revealed unto thee (Muhammad) the Scripture with truth, confirming that which was (revealed) before it, as Allah revealed the Torah and the Gospel. [Qur�an 3:3]

That which We have revealed to you of the Book is the Truth confirming what was (revealed) before it: for Allah is assuredly with respect to his servants well acquainted and fully-Observant. [Qur�an 35:31]

This Qur�an is not such as can be produced by other than Allah; on the contrary it is a confirmation of (revelations) that went before it and a fuller explanation of the Book wherein there is no doubt from the Lord of the Worlds. [Qur�an 10:37]

And the Jews say the Christians follow nothing true, and the Christians say the Jews follow nothing true; yet both are readers of the Scripture. Even thus speak those who know not. Allah will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection concerning that wherein they differ. [Qur�an 2:113]

Say O People of the Scripture! Ye have naught (of guidance) till ye observe the Torah and the Gospel and that which was revealed unto you from your Lord. That which is revealed unto thee (Muhammad) from thy Lord is certain to increase the contumacy and disbelief of many of them. But grieve not for the disbelieving folk. [Qur�an 5:68]

And argue not with the People of the Scripture unless it be in (a way) that is better, save with such of them as do wrong; and say: We believe in that which hath been revealed unto us and revealed unto you; our God and your God is One, and unto Him we surrender. [Qur�an 29:46]

The Absolute Truth About Muhammad in the Bible:
httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMo_3B7m5mk
holyquranclases View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holyquranclases Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2016 at 12:43am
Ma Sha ALLAH very nice Information....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic