IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Earth is 6,000 years old  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Earth is 6,000 years old

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2016 at 10:46am
No. The bible is right. The Gabriel of the bible is not the Gabriel that appeared to Mohammed.
simple View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2016 at 10:49am
Yes, of course. The main way dates that are old are determined is by a belief that our laws existed also in the past, so therefore the ratios of isotopes must have been all a result of those laws. Prove the forces and laws were the same in the far past? Otherwise you have religion, not knowledge or real science.
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2016 at 12:41am
Originally posted by simple simple wrote:

No. The bible is right. The Gabriel of the bible is not the Gabriel that appeared to Mohammed.

Any evidence to support that or is it just because you say so?

You will need something external to the Bible to support the Bible.

Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2016 at 12:48am

Yes, of course. The main way dates that are old are determined is by a belief that our laws existed also in the past, so therefore the ratios of isotopes must have been all a result of those laws. Prove the forces and laws were the same in the far past? Otherwise you have religion, not knowledge or real science.

When we look into space we see light that has traveled from the object we are looking at to us. This has taken some time to happen.

The same is true here on earth but the time for light to get from the horizon to the eye is so small it's practically zero.

Over the vast distances of space the time is as vast as the life time of this universe.

When we look at the way stuff behaves in the lab or classroom we can see how light is given off by hot things. The light given off by my electric welder has certain characteristics which when split up by passing it through a prism and the various wavelengths are compared will tell you what elements are being heated to a plasma.

This is the same for stars. The same elements doing the same things as a plasma in a star. All stars. The Sun is a star.

We thus know that the same process driven under the same laws of physics hold true over the whole life time of this universe. To deny this, once you understand it, is simply lying.

simple View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2016 at 8:46pm
Your mistake is to assume that the realities on earth have to equal realities in the far universe. Since you have not been away from earth, that is absurd, and religion, not science. For all we know, time is different in far space than here, or maybe does not exist at all. Can you prove time exists the same in deep space? This should be fun.
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2016 at 1:20am

Your mistake is to assume that the realities on earth have to equal realities in the far universe. Since you have not been away from earth, that is absurd, and religion, not science. For all we know, time is different in far space than here, or maybe does not exist at all. Can you prove time exists the same in deep space? This should be fun.

I have not been to Austrailia. I do believe that it exists, that is to say I have very strong evidence that it does.

I have much stronger evidence that the way the universe works here are the same in galaxies 12 billion light years away/billion years ago because of the detail we can see in the observations of them.

The exact same evidence tells us how the sun works.

The exact same understanding of the way the universe works allows the path of the planets to be predicted.

The exact same understanding of the way the universe works allows us to predict the way to make a jet plane fly.

The exact same understanding of the universe allows us to make GPS work.

I have never been into orbit to see that the satellites are really there but I know they are. Just like I know Austrailia is there.

simple View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2016 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

I have not been to Austrailia. I do believe that it exists, that is to say I have very strong evidence that it does. I have much stronger evidence that the way the universe works here are the same in galaxies 12 billion light years away/billion years ago because of the detail we can see in the observations of them.

Totally false. What if time did not even exist, or exist as we know it here out in the far universe? That would mean times and distances formulated by science are wrong! Bottom line..you do NOT KNOW!! ALL your models are religion..belief based. Stop preaching and trying to convert here.

Quote The exact same evidence tells us how the sun works. The exact same understanding of the way the universe works allows the path of the planets to be predicted. The exact same understanding of the way the universe works allows us to predict the way to make a jet plane fly. The exact same understanding of the universe allows us to make GPS work. I have never been into orbit to see that the satellites are really there but I know they are. Just like I know Austrailia is there.

False. You have theories about how stars work and the sun...you have not been there, even if you were down under.

Edited by simple - 29 September 2016 at 12:01pm
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2016 at 2:01am

Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

I have not been to Austrailia. I do believe that it exists, that is to say I have very strong evidence that it does. I have much stronger evidence that the way the universe works here are the same in galaxies 12 billion light years away/billion years ago because of the detail we can see in the observations of them.[/quote> Totally false. What if time did not even exist, or exist as we know it here out in the far universe? That would mean times and distances formulated by science are wrong! Bottom line..you do NOT KNOW!! ALL your models are religion..belief based. Stop preaching and trying to convert here.

[quote>The exact same evidence tells us how the sun works. The exact same understanding of the way the universe works allows the path of the planets to be predicted. The exact same understanding of the way the universe works allows us to predict the way to make a jet plane fly. The exact same understanding of the universe allows us to make GPS work. I have never been into orbit to see that the satellites are really there but I know they are. Just like I know Austrailia is there.
False. You have theories about how stars work and the sun...you have not been there, even if you were down under.

I only have theories about the existance of Austrailia. The theories that support the idea of the earth being old, many millions of years, are strongly supported by the rocks which were used to build my house.

Every time I walk over my door step I see the evidence of how it was deposited in a shallow lake or stream bed. A small delta of some sort of to be more exact. I know where the rock came from, just down the road, 600m away. I know what layers of rock are above the layer that is exposed around here and they include limestone which was deposited in a  shallow sea. This all takes a lot of time.

So I know with a much higher degree of confidence that the earth is many millions of years old at least than I know anything about a far off place I have never been to. It would be far easier for the rest of the world to be lying about that.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic